Weekly Poll 05/05/2020 - Media! Rock and ROLL, baby! The Shows!

+

In game media! I shall...

• 3. Couldn't care. I turn down/off the music usually.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Playing Bloodlines yet AGAIN, (Final Nights mod, very good, worth your time), I was listening to the radio show, "The Deb of Night" and watching the in-game television. Hello, Gomez!

AnyHOO, 2077. We've heard some of the DJ in the 2018 play demo. Music seems to abound and of course, many bands are named.

So, are you going to actively listen to the radio? Watch the (presumed) TV shows? Override with your own music? Turn it all off? Listen only to the themes?

Also..Friggin' Chicken. It's just so friggin' good. And it's not cat!

5 choices!

Other polls here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

1, 7, 8. Would have voted for 2, because Marcin does indeed rock, but I'll definitely be listening to the radio too ... so I held off on that one. Edit: Added in 2 after language tweak.

Last edited:
If it's an RPG, I expect player actions to be reflected in ingame news media. Yes, I read those newspapers in Arcanum.

If I can't be a media then at least I could be the one who causes the news.

Just 1, but like Rawls said:
Would have voted for 2, because Marcin does indeed rock, but I'll definitely be listening to the radio too ... so I held off on that one.
I never override game music with RPGs, and almost never mute it.
Other kinds of media in-game I'm not really interested in, at least without knowing what they're like. I don't even watch TV IRL so why would I want to in a game.

(Where is the "Jackie is dead" option, @Sardukhar? I was looking forward to seeing what kind of a wording you'd come up with this time. :( )

I cannot answer this question since I don't know what kind of content there will be. This is a really dubious question. If past games are any indication, I will get bored at the ingame music sooner or later and start listening to my own music or just turn music off entirely (what I usually do in GTA online). Talk shows like Deb of night are great for immersion though.

You have to read the poll backwards, like the Beatles album.
I hope you realized I was going to actually do it (well, the poll options) just because you said that. :p

I found a "JD" in poll option #6, which is clearly a sort of an acronym for "Jackie Dead".
("-- erus rof JD eht ot netsiL")

#6 and #8.
Not a real fan of background music, I generally turn the volume on it way down. That said, I'm going to be REAL curious to listen to the DJ(s) and commercials. I'm sure it won't be as tongue-in-cheek as Bloodlines, but should be interesting.

I’m going to casually watch tv/listen to music. It’s supposed to be ambience. If I like some music or something on tv catches my eye, ill stay and listen.

my own personal preference doesn’t fit the cyberpunk setting, so that’s a hard pass.

I am not sure what to vote for i always turn the music down / off but in TW3 i loved the it . I guess i will try all the music until i find something i like .

5, 8, 9, 10

I don't even know why. Probably because of immersion or my desire to explore the world of Cyberpunk 2077 in as much detail as I can, not to mention the amount of work people will put into it. The universe of Cyberpunk has already been built by other games and lore and whatever, but this rendition, the 2077 one, is going to be new and different. Sure, we will have the story and the characters that will tell us a lot about that world, but given the genre here, we have to witness all the commercial side of that world to fully grasp it.

I guess media is just a huge world-building element, and I would hate to miss it. Sure, there will be some hand-picked tracks that I personally believe fit in to the universe or just wanna feel them in Cyberpunk 2077 specifically, but for the most part, I am going to discover everything the dev team puts into this world. All them filthy and greedy details and corporate culture and the world of steel and money, which all definitely influences the media we will be able to see.

1, 2, 7, 8, 10
Any form of media in the game I'm happy to consume, really want to get the full depth of their vision of Cyberpunk and all of that plays a part in fleshing out the atmosphere, and if we can have a hand in being involved in that somehow all the better!

1, 7, 9, and 10, but all within reason, especially the TV shows and movies, assuming they’re present in the game. I don’t expect Cyberpunk 2077 to have the same amount of in-game media as something like GTA IV or V.

8 as well. Quests involving media: of course I’d love to see some. Perhaps even making my V appear on the news or some radio show at some point if the possibility is there? :think:

Top Bottom