Weekly Poll 1/1/2020 - What Are You Going To Do Launch Day?!

+

Launch Day, I Will

• Total voters
A solid 2 for me.

Will go to work as normal where I wait for my package from Amazon with my Collectors Edition.

After it arrives I will try to leave as early as possible (my co-workers are warned).
Everything after that is 3 Weeks paid vacation.

Wait... Give it 2 days maybe 3, check the play through's and gamer's reviews, then decide to buy or not. I am now wondering if I am going to like this style/story of game. As an old guy, I love Skyrim (modded) and the Open World FPS games are what I like... but I am having second thoughts on this game. Mainly because of all the hype going all over the place and the PCness of it.

I have both digital and physical copies pre-ordered. PS4 CE and GOG copy. Very excited.

I took time off of work for the game's launch, so hopefully it won't get delayed.

Even if the game isn't good, I'm still not going to regret my pre-orders and general excitement. I consider it a reward to myself for years of discussing topics in circles on these forums. At least I'll have a cool city to explore if nothing else.

Last edited:
Coffee, snacks, and days off to fully enjoy it.

Future breaking news: significant increase of people taking days off / calling in sick all over the world past 16th April 2020. Increased sales of coffee, energy drinks and other snacks also noted.

There doesn't seem to be an option for quite what I have in mind, so I'll just write it here:

Come launch day, I will once again provide you guys with a dedicated thread for all of the latest tweaks and fixes for the PC version right here on the official forums, just like I did with The Witcher 3 Compendium five years ago! ;)
That would be much appreciated!

I'm hoping for out-of-the-box performance to be solid, but you never really know these days.

I would say that’s everyone’s hope, but I also remember the state of The Witcher 3 at launch. The game was so great that it made me push through all of the glitches and performance issues, but it was certainly not all sunshine and butterflies during that time.

If we’d go beyond the hype and just realise the nature of the beast called “Cyberpunk 2077” - a huge open-world game with highly advanced rendering effects and NO LOADING SCREENS whatsoever - we can only imagine the way it will perform come launch day.

It will be running on an updated version of the REDengine though (version 4), so fingers crossed that the tech wizards at CDProjekt RED will make everything work smoothly on 16th April.

Last edited:
I could be crazy, but I seem to recall the Witcher 3 being decently well-optimized on launch. It was buggy, sure, but performance wasn't an issue for me, and I hardly had a high-end card at the time.

Either way, whether the game performs great or not, I look forward to seeing all the tweaks and optimizations people come up with. More FPS with a minimal impact to visual quality is always ideal!

No, you are absolutely right - The Witcher 3 was indeed decently optimised at launch for the hardware available at the time. It’s just that I have a pretty low tolerance for stuttering, which is why I invested in a variable refresh rate (VRR) monitor since then. :p

There’s only two scenarios that can happen come launch day:

1) The game will be well-optimised and scale properly with our individual hardware right from the get-go. This means that we will only need to pick the best image quality/performance graphics settings and then we can lose ourselves in the gameplay.

2) The game will not be well-optimised and will not scale properly to our individual hardware. This scenario wouldn’t surprise me at all given the sheer ambition behind the game. In this case, however, we will not only have to pick the best “bang-for-buck” graphics settings, but also do a little digging into the .ini files and see what we can tweak “under the hood”, so to speak.

Last edited:
Take a day off work to dedicate it to 2077. Can't wait for my first stroll through Night City.

No, you are absolutely right - The Witcher 3 was indeed decently optimised at launch for the hardware available at the time. It’s just that I have a pretty low tolerance for stuttering, which is why I invested in a variable refresh rate (VRR) monitor since then. :p

You and me both! I've spent the past 6 months investigating why my games felt "off" even with G-Sync, 144Hz, and a top-end card (2080 ti now, but it was 1080 ti before). I eventually figured it out, after looking into frametime issues, optimal G-Sync configurations, monitor-specific bugs, and overclocking -- it was my browser the whole time. Even having one tab open causes my FPS to tank and my game to stutter constantly. I could be getting 144 FPS and it would stutter.

Friends and family didn't notice, but no matter how imperceptible, I always pick up on it, and it drives me insane. Sometimes I'll just put a game down and stop playing it if I'm unable to resolve the issue. But, ultimately, I love troubleshooting this sort of thing, because I always walk away with more knowledge than I had before, and usually I end up with a better, smoother gameplay experience my in favorite titles.

I very much look forward to participating in whatever thread you all land in to talk Cyberpunk performance. Few things matter more to me in the world of gaming than high framerates, and smooth framerates, with minimal cost (if any) to visual quality. Plus, it's very fun to talk about this sort of stuff with fellow enthusiasts.

Top Bottom