Weekly Poll 1/13/20 - Welcome Home, V. (I)

+

You...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As you sprint down the NCART train, dodging various outstretched feet and trying not to bounce off assorted packs, weapons or mohawks, you glance out the side window, eye caught by the dirty copper glow of the setting sun.

Below and beside you, Night City. Watson District. You can see the Corp Center from here, the triple chrysanthemum blossom logo of Arasaka stamped large. Below all that, Watson laps at the Corp Center, close but never close enough.

Behind you, the rapid, heavy boot-strides of the three Steel Slaughter Slammers chasing you. You thought these guys were extinct! Eaten by Maelstrom or wiped out by NCPD for various and assorted violent mistakes. Guess not - apparently stupidity is a different kind of body armour.

You shoot a look over your shoulder as you clear through into the next compartment. Yep, all three still following, one snarling in passing at a commuter who didn't get their feet out of the way fast enough. Two men, one woman. Faceplates, thick armour jacks and an ugly assortment of weapons per booster. You're maybe 3 minutes from the next station.

Intro.JPG

NCART inside.JPG

Boosters!
SSS.JPG

Hey - A Character sheet! Old Skool, too. V is a Netrunner/Techie/Solo. V prefers Stealth and Persuasion and is from a Corporate Background.
V has a variety of skills, albeit none at crazy levels, and is a smart, cool, attractive edgerunner-to-be with excellent reflexes. V has only moderate cyberware and only two notable pieces of gear at this point.

To see it full size, right click on the character sheet and view in new tab.

V.JPG

Other polls here:https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

Last edited:
Do we pick one option or multiple?

Either way, I'd go with #5. Keep a low profile, blend in with the crowd. There are a lot of wild-looking people in Night City, so I'd aim to be just another face in a sea of pedestrians.

I went with #3 instead of #5 out of fear that the Slammers x 3 can recognize your fashion + cyberware.

and #9, ADVENTURE TIME!

Made my choice !
Question though : what kind do we play finally ?
I suggest that you put a number on the title, just so we can come back and read chronologically later on.

Or possibly linking the previous adventures for easier reference

Also what was the final build for V? A stealthy ex-corporate who talks his/her way out?

3 & 8
I kind of get the impression this is a two parter ... #1-What to do about the Slammers #2-What to do after you arrive at the station (assuming part #1 pans out).

That was a tough choice, and although I tried my hardest I couldn't talk myself out of picking 6. It's dangerous, but that's not much of an argument in this setting.

So, 6 and 8 it is for me.

Cold, hard logic says that there's no point in avoiding and fleeing from the Slammers if there's the tiniest possibility of resolving whatever it is by talking.

Looking at V's character sheet, seems to my completely inexperienced eye that, thanks to the choices that won last week, several skills would support an attempt to resolve matters right away and without resorting to violence. Also, while simply disappearing would be a viable option as well, I don't really like it when it might be entirely unnecessary. The story provided doesn't say why the Slammers are after V, which leaves open various options. They do seem somewhat aggressive, but that doesn't have to mean they cannot be talked with, should the NCPD not show up.

I doubt initiating a more violent confrontation while on the train would be a particularly good idea... there are a lot of other people there as well, and, additionally, it could lead to unnecessary trouble with the authorities.

As for 8, being an ex-Corporate I think V would be one to focus on business first.

5 & 9.

Yes, 5 is probably riskier then 3, but then again if anyone can disappear in a crowd, it's a high stealth, high empathy character which won't stick out as a sore thumb. Three minutes should be doable. Besides, it's a metro train, where are you going to hide? under the seats?

9 since it's worth to know if they have a personal beef with you, which would make it a problem or they're just boosters being... boosters.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's a three part poll. On the train, after it stops and after getting clear of it.

Given the description of the gear on the individuals giving chase I'll go with #3 on the train. A shoot-out probably isn't going to end well on a filled up train. Too many unknowns and variables. #2 is a consideration but it's three people giving chase in an enclosed, crowded area. I doubt that would go well either. So, #3 it is.

After the train stops it seems the stealth approach fits best. Here I'd go with #5. Blend in with the crowd, try to find an opportunity to slip by and circumvent the problem. I was stuck between #4 and #5 here. Running for the hills could work but, again, big crowd, person running, you'd stand out. It could go south real quick.

Persuasion could work but it seems the pursuers are determined. And relying on the NCPD doesn't sound like a great plan. The more curious concern is what could happen if NCPD and your pursuers get into it. I get the feeling the shit hitting the fan is a real possibility. It's not worth the trouble if other options are available.

Once clear of the pursuers I'd follow-up. Better safe than sorry. Provided it doesn't result in failing any jobs you are working, thereby resulting in even more trouble. I went with #9. If there isn't time for a follow-up I'd change it to #8. I sure as hell wouldn't stop for a bite to eat after having just escaped three armed pursuers though.

Do we pick one option or multiple?
Post automatically merged:

Before finalizing my vote, I have to use V "human perception" skill to see that if I try to talk will they even listen to what I have to say or if they are already in a "shoot first, talk later" mood.

Last edited:
I still have no idea how many options we're meant to pick.

Based on the scenario it seems to be divided into 2 sections (but this is how I distinguished it, take it with a grain of salt...),
  • Option on how to evade the three Slammers (Options 1 - 6 of above list)
  • Option of activity after possible escape from the Slammers (Options 7 - 10 of above list)
EDIT:
You're able to pick more than 2, not sure if this was intended, if so it can give popularity to your second choice of the 2 above options.

Well, you can select up to four; I just tested what would happen if I tried to pick all options, and it said that.

(Changed my vote back to what it originally was afterwards, of course. Wouldn't want to meddle with @Sardukhar's data... who knows what he'd do.)

You guys go ahead and do whatever. I'm interested to see what turns up in the end.

I've not laid down super-clear instructions for this round for this purpose - I want people to choose as they choose and see what happens. Even if they aren't sure what to do!

Poll runs until Monday, then I'll pull the results and do the next bit.

You guys go ahead and do whatever. I'm interested to see what turns up in the end.

I've not laid down super-clear instructions for this round for this purpose - I want people to choose as they choose and see what happens. Even if they aren't sure what to do!

Poll runs until Monday, then I'll pull the results and do the next bit.

So what does V "human perception" says?

Top Bottom