Weekly Poll 1/28/19 - Endgame

+

What would you like to see after the main story concludes?

• Total voters
I'm not a fan of infinite quests. They get too repetitive (obviously) and they set my gaming OCD against an unbeatable opponent. But I appreciate games that save some extra, usually more difficult side quests for endgame content. Horizon saved some quality hunts and interactions that made sense following the DLC's final boss. I'd love if 2077 found a way to let some high-profile targets out into the city as a direct effect of the story's finale. Maybe solving Night City's biggest problem creates a few more. But if they resemble Skyrim's radiant quests and infinite innkeeper tasks, I'll likely ignore them altogether.

It's greedy to want, but imagine if CDPR revealed an entirely new area/district that's only available (for whatever plot reason they'd like) after the main game. It could lead into some meaty expansions. Such expansions were what solidified Witcher 3 as my favorite game of all time after an already complete main game.

I really wanted random generated witcher contracts in TW3 but I don't know how that would work in CP2077 as everything else will be well written and interessting.

7, because I really don't have a preference on this subject.

So far CDPR have done 4, kind-of-1, and 2, all of which have been fine IMO. 3, 5, 6, and 8 could all be interesting, too. :D
So yes, 7 for me.

I voted for #1, but had a lot of internal argument about it. I am strongly against radiant/dynamic quests ... as it is the epitome of quantity over quality. NG+ is fine, I'm also okay with just end credits.

If you asking what I would prefer though, I would prefer playing within the world you've influenced throughout the story. I would prefer any remaining side quests be able to be played (when the world state allows for it). I would also definitely prefer some sort of Epilogue scene.

Best case scenario IMO would be that after the main quest and during the epilogue, the main mission is fairly low stakes, and allows for side questing for the player character ... but when the epilogue finishes it's end credits and NG+. That would be ideal IMO.

EDIT: Actually what I just described is really a hybrid of 1, 2 & 4.

I'd like some minor new quests that are unlocked after credits and which are strongly bound to their end-game nature, something like RDR2's epilogue. Just so you see the consequences of what happened in the last glorious mission. Just a few of them. If coherent with narrative, of course: if V dies then I don't want anything.

NG+ could be nice, but again only if it makes sense: if the narrative is about V starting from nothing, growing and becoming a big name, it makes no sense. If it's like Geralt in TW3, where narratively he doesn't grow and should have all his abilities from the beginning (such as alternative signs moves, deflecting arrows, charged heavy attacks...), then NG+ is not only good, but actually makes more sense than NG.

I voted 1 and 2 btw. 8 can be interesting if you need to create a new character for multiplayer.

Guest 3847602

#1 if my character is alive, #4 if get the bad ending. Basically - Mass Effect 2.
Can't see the point in what TW3 did with its bad ending and post-game play.

I just want to be able to grind for more loot and wreck stuff up in my end game character. I SERIOUSLY don't want the end game to be like Dragon Age: Origins, where you couldn't do a thing. I still want to be able to complete any remaining quests and continue exploring the world.

Wow, I picked a bunch on this one. I chose 1,2,3,7,8. I would also suggest or hope that there is a way to actually have a happy ending? Seems recent games don't have any form of a happy ending anymore, least we could get one in TW3. Wasn't the greatest ending, but at least you felt like you did something. Call me old fashioned (and I am) but a happy ending after a lot of game play is good. When I played 'the Division', I got through the game and finished the story line and the game just stops, no real ending at all which didn't feel right, but you can still run around and play it which I do. I didn't have a feeling of accomplishment, if that means anything.

Dynamic quests are something I don't want in the main game but it's actually something I'd welcome very much post game. I still remember how empty and sad felt TW3 after the ending. It's better to just show credits and bid farewell than that.

Some random, at least a little meaningful things to do after the ending so I can keep the feeling I still belong to the world, would be very apprecitated.

2 and 4. I like the idea of walking in a world effected by your decisions but these are usually minimal, mostly a difference in the uniforms worn by NPCs (of course CPDR could really change the game in a way I can't anticipate) and I just feel hollow, wandering the streets without purpose. I liked the end of DAI Trespasser; really satisfying way to wrap things up.

I definitely wouldn't want it to completely end. The best rpg games, in my opinion, let you expand on it past the story. Especially ones that are made around a character you created. Games with pre-designed main characters I like final endings, afterwards it can feel empty because their story is over.
I'd love it if there were at least some things to do, like being able to go back and do side quests you missed, or just a lot of exploration.

1, 3, 2, because it's the best way to please everybody. If someone wants a finale, they can close the game and start a new character (or not). If someone wants to keep playing, they can. If someone wants to keep playing and have extra, "radiant" content, they can.

I'd be happy with any of the first 3 options though 8 sounds kind of interesting as well. I also wouldn't be opposed to certain endings leading to V dying and you taking the role of either one of the companions or another character.

(1) - This one is pretty tricky, in part because we don't know how the story is going to be like. Will it focus solely on V's rise through society, will it see V take down elements that threaten that society or will V change that society in a way that is would be enough to make a visible world status change plausible. The Witcher 3 had a side quest that dictated who would be in control of a major city in the game that only really resolves at the end of the game yet continuing post-main quest there were no visible changes in the ownership of the city. But generally having your choices shape the world around you no matter how small is desirable.

(2) - No preference on this, could be in could be out. Never played an NG+ run, tho i started one in the Witcher 3, i abandoned it early.

(3)- This is also a bit tricky. It would depend on how open the world is and how much content there is to do in that world so as to keep you alternating between exploring and doing the dynamic quests preferably handed by a faction you "joined" or mercenary contracts. Having an end game solely made out of repeatable quests would get stale FAST.

(4 - 8) I'd choose just end credits only if they can not properly implement one of the other options. OR the story is resolved in a way that would make continuing playing not possible.. end it on a high note and all that. Playing as an NPC? Idk.. by the end i'd be pretty attached to my V to switch it up post main quest but i'm open to the possibility if introduced creatively.

Last edited:
Top Bottom