Weekly Poll 1/28/19 - Endgame

+

What would you like to see after the main story concludes?

• Total voters
I'm not picky here. Voted for 7 because if the game is of good quality, any endgame scenario will be just fine by me.

That being said, I do hope we know going into the game whether or not we'll get to play after the main story is complete. I'd hate to leave a bunch of side quests for after the main story thinking I'll get to play them afterwards only for the game to go to credits and be over, and vice versa of grinding out all these side missions only to have nothing to do after the endgame where I keep playing.

I doubt that will happen as it might spoil the story, especially if it's because V dies.

I would like to be able to finish quests i still have open but i voted 2 and 6 . I am going to show my age here but i loved in the first few Tomb Raiders after finishing you could start again with all the good weapons ( plus cyberware ) . It was a lot of mindless fun the shoot the hell out of eveyone because you were so OP and go on a speed run thru .

i didn't vote (yet). i would love to see (if it is possible) the option that when my first story ends. there is a new story where my first char is the end boss. And is just as strong as it was and just as smart (AI).

and ofc.. i hope that the 2nd story is as big as the first.

Raids, dungeons, arena pvp, are best fit for this kind of game. Raids could work, they are kinda fading away atm as mmorpgs are dying. As a matter of fact I know only one MMORPG is coming and even its years away and resurrected one. Yeah, RAIDS!

If they wanna go for marketting, do something crazy like fight pit, beat them up style.

Hmm, option 3 sounds interesting but will they use so much manpower to make it good enough? Online gamers tend to burn content fast. So much better go with something unique small kind of thing, like fight pit.

Last edited:
Just 1. for me.

By the time I finish a long RPG, I'm usually ready to start over from the beginning again and take a different path. I do like the option of poking around the world with my "finished" character, though. And seeing it reflect my choices is always a reward in and of itself. I would love the option of finishing up any side-quests or loose-ends that may still exist.

After game end option to finish quest you still have open or to start new game+ on higher difficulty with your gear and skills.

A different thought -- "endgame".

Thanks to Diablo, Dark Souls, almost every MMO ever...the term "endgame" has come to mean "after you beat the game". That is actually "post-game". Nothing wrong with having a game go on and on and on, and a lot of players enjoy that. I feel that many games are specifically built to that end, though, and it's at the expense of what is actually the "endgame" content: the resolution of the main quest.

What I would like to see is a level cap for the main story arc. (Not that players can't level up indefinitely in post-game or NG+, but for the sake of balancing the main quest experience, have it capped -- or at least make it an option.) In addition, have the player hit that cap about at around the 2/3 mark of the main quest progression.

Why?

Because of the following:

1.) How many games have I played that offer really incredible powers / abilities / weapons / gear / etc. that I get to use for perhaps...an hour or two?...before the game itself ends.

2.) Even if post-game content or an NG+ mode allows me to use those things through the gameplay itself, now the experience is relatively flat. I can make everything I already have more powerful, but there's not much "new" stuff to discover. My gameplay becomes rather one-note after a while.

3.) It's very satisfying to grow a character over the course of a game and be able to explore the unique strengths and weaknesses of that build once the character is "finished". It's also nice to experience a challenge in an RPG even when I've reached maximum power.

I think there are actually two considerations here: one for "endgame" and one for "post-game".

Last edited:
I would love it if there is a endless amount of objectives and mission and stuff to do after you finish the main game because that's the problem with most open world games when get near end there is nothing really to do.

You have alot of money, you have all the best gear but you can't use it any where so finding a way to keep the game always fresh would make people play the game for years plus there will be dlc.

But updates that add new features, vehicles, clothing options, parts of the map and maybe more story will really help.

Now to get to my second choice I do think the world should be affected by you NPCS should remember if you did something good or bad to them. Example maybe you were in a bar fight that destroyed the bar and the owner went out of business and now is homeless. He will remember what you did to him.

Or

Maybe you help a street racer make her dreams come true by becoming the best racer that night city has ever known and finding her long lost family. She will remember that and might help you out later in the story.

Also if there is a honor system in the game it should affect the ending of the game maybe because you were really good to people you survive but because you were ruthless, never care about anyone but yourself, kill people who didn't need killing. You die in the end.

But the way the world looks and works should change maybe with your help to city get bigger and more stuff is add or the city becomes more natural and technology isn't it dictator any more.

Please don't stop the game after the credits roll. I really dislike that (i'm looking at you Deus Ex). I would still love a GTA free for all option just like GTA V after you complete the main story. I would love to play additional missions (DLC) from devs as well as players. Completing missions with certain perameters could net additional unique items (clothing, furnishings, vehicle/Cyber mods, hair styles, etc). Would love to be able to customize items like I do my character.

I'd like to have some endlss mode, like raids, assaults, horde mode,
daily/weekly quests

it doesnt matter how good the main story is, you will complete it a limited number of times

but you really like the game and there is always something new to do, it's great!

daily/weekly quests

it doesnt matter how good the main story is, you will complete it a limited number of times

but you really like the game and there is always something new to do, it's great!

I prefer a stackable NG+. I still play Witcher 3 thx to the NG++ mod which makes NG+ stackable.

daily/weekly quests

I respect that, but I should point out that those sorts of modes work best in multiplayer looter shooters and MMOs, like Anthem, Destiny, WoW, etc.

In a singleplayer game it'd be a bit out of place.

That said, I'm actually fine with repeatable content, and have argued in favor of it in the past. Sometimes I just want to spend time in the world, and feel like I'm a part of it for as long as I wish - repeatable content, such as randomized bounties, would be a welcome diversion.

After all, if you're really a Cyberpunk, why would you ever "run out" of work logically speaking? Unless the ending is just, well, the ending and the game is over, it wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited:
I respect that, but I should point out that those sorts of modes work best in multiplayer looter shooters and MMOs, like Anthem, Destiny, WoW, etc.

In a singleplayer game it'd be a bit out of place.

That said, I'm actually fine with repeatable content, and have argued in favor of it in the past. Sometimes I just want to spend time in the world, and feel like I'm a part of it for as long as I wish - repeatable content, such as randomized bounties, would be a welcome diversion.

After all, if you're really a Cyberpunk, why would you ever "run out" of work logically speaking? Unless the ending is just, well, the ending and the game is over, it wouldn't make much sense.

Thats why i think NG+ would be awesome. Not much else that makes sense in a singleplayer game anyways.

Thats why i think NG+ would be awesome. Not much else that makes sense in a singleplayer game anyways.
I love New Game+ modes, so I'm definitely down for that. My guess is that we'll probably get it, since TW3 had it and it doesn't appear to be too hard to implement.

What i wanna most when finish the main storyline / end the game is a debrif / resume of my actions like in the older (and great) fallout games (F:NV!!!). does not have to be greatly animated but should be narrated. id love that.

I wanna keep playing after the main story - i am sure there is plenty to explore and with likely expansions and with some luck some mods for extra content there should be much to do.

A New Game Plus+ would be fine too, working your way up to a stronger and stronger char. why not? easy enough to implement if somewhat difficult to balance (if you even want the world to ajust to your more powerful state).

What i wanna most when finish the main storyline / end the game is a debrif / resume of my actions like in the older (and great) fallout games (F:NV!!!). does not have to be greatly animated but should be narrated. id love that.

I wanna keep playing after the main story - i am sure there is plenty to explore and with likely expansions and with some luck some mods for extra content there should be much to do.

A New Game Plus+ would be fine too, working your way up to a stronger and stronger char. why not? easy enough to implement if somewhat difficult to balance (if you even want the world to ajust to your more powerful state).

Could also add enemy upscaling. That and NG+ were what pushed Witcher 3 even further.

"You can play as an NPC in the world you created!"

Im sorry, I dont mean to be rude. But what the hell does this even mean?

They could add endgame/online mode later, but I honestly don't get it why they need to do it now, as this game already has enough stuff to get full price. Add online/endgame mode later, get money, when Cyberpunk 2077 2 comes combine it and online mode to get even higher sales. So Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk Online, Cyberpunk 2077 + Cyberpunk Online. Win Win! Sure they add can some half-assed online mode to every game, if that's what they wanna do.

"You can play as an NPC in the world you created!"

Im sorry, I dont mean to be rude. But what the hell does this even mean?
Presumably, the idea is that once the main story is over, you take on the role of an NPC (most likely one you met throughout the story) and do a few (or many) missions as them from then on out.

Not a fan of it, but I think that's what Sard was going for with that option.

They could add endgame/online mode later, but I honestly don't get it why they need to do it now, as this game already has enough stuff to get full price. Add online/endgame mode later, get money, when Cyberpunk 2077 2 comes combine it and online mode to get even higher sales. So Cyberpunk 2077, Cyberpunk Online, Cyberpunk 2077 + Cyberpunk Online. Win Win! Sure they add can some half-assed online mode to every game, if that's what they wanna do.

Online and endgame are separate things. Just to be clear.

In this context, endgame is what happens after the story is finished.

Online and endgame are separate things. Just to be clear.

In this context, endgame is what happens after the story is finished.

They can do whatever they want but I see this game offers like 30-40 main story, 55 hourish main plus side, close to 100 hour for completionist, thats enough to get full price especially with their excellent engine. Why they need to add endgame?

If they wanna start this series with a bang, release this, then online couple year later, then both combined. That should put competitors behind for good. If they are good they can keep the hype going for Cyberpunk 2.

Top Bottom