Weekly Poll 1/6/2020 - Faction Choices!

+

So far, I prefer to help/work with:

• Total voters
Sixth month already! Yi! Year is almost half over!

Okay, so, this week's poll is faction choices. Vatt has quothed, "July 1/18 Vattier: "Freedom is the biggest value for cyberpunks, so they wouldn't permanently join any faction. In the game you will be able to work for various factions, but it won't be possible to join them ... We're not planning to introduce any reputation indicators for factions. Your reputation will be measured by a general Street Cred - reflecting how you're seen by the street. You will be able to increase it through side missions and it will allow you to unlock access to additional content, such as new shops or new missions." "

Now, admittedly Vatt has 8/10 markers for being a computer himself, BUT he rarely lacks accuracy. Make that 9/10 markers...

Anyway, you may not be able to JOIN factions, but you can certainly (I mean, I guess? Sure!) choose which you want to assist! With that in mind, the above!

For (2) choices, I give you that which my Masters have offered us in the Story section:

Corp List

-Arasaka

Arasaka Corp. is a family firm from Japan. They're known for providing corporate security, banking, and legal services. One of the most influential megacorporations in 2077, their weapons and vehicles are among the most sought after by police and security forces.

-Militech
Everyone in Night City knows that Militech equals one of the largest manufacturers of weapons and military vehicles in the world. They’ve worked closely with American military and police agencies for years, providing high-grade weaponry and training.

-Kang Tao
Kang Tao is a young Chinese company specializing in smart-gun technology and security services. It's making its way to the top of the weapon industry at a tremendous pace thanks to bold choices, courageous strategy, and government backing.

Gangs

• 6th Street
Founded by veterans of the 4th Corporate War tired of the helplessness of the NCPD, 6th Street was meant to serve and protect the community of Vista del Rey. Today their interpretation of the law and “bringing justice to the city” is questionable and self-serving.
  • Animals
Animals – an aggressive street-fighting gang from west Pacifica that eschews the use of traditional cyberware. Instead, they use ultra testosterone and animal supplements (like growth hormones). They’re animalistic at heart, and dangerously proud of who they are.
  • Maelstrom
Maelstrom’s territory is the industrial part of Watson. Its factories, the Totentanz Club – you’ll meet them there. They are obsessed with cybertechnology, and their urge to improve the weakness of human flesh is far stronger than their fear of cyberpsychosis.
  • Mox
Formed in 2076 after the death of Elizabeth “Lizzie” Borden, a strip club owner & ex-prostitute who treated her workers fairly and defended them from violent clients, The Mox refer to themselves as “those who protect working girls and guys” from violence and abuse.
  • Tyger Claws
Tyger Claws is a gang of Japanese origin and stylistic influence, located in Japantown. They're ruthless and violent in practice, and intimidating in appearance. Katanas, street bikes and luminous tattoos are their trademarks.
  • Valentino's
One of Night City’s largest gangs, the Valentinos are bound by a strong moral code and century-old traditions. Controlling swathes of predominantly Latino areas of Heywood, they treat values such as honor, justice, and brotherhood with deadly seriousness.
  • Voodoo Boys
Voodoo Boys, an enigmatic gang from Pacifica, aren’t just netrunners devoted to uncovering the secrets of the Old Net and behind the Blackwall. They're also edgerunners: breaking every rule there is to break, and programming viruses that can freeze neural networks.

And no, you won't be totally on your own. That's not how the Street works!

Wow, I really don't know which faction to choose.
I guess I'm gonna try to work with everyone !
Adventures ! :)

Like a true corp, I’m an opportunist. Who ever serves my interest at the moment, gets my attention.

Voted for Militech and 6th Street, though.

I'm surprised that Netwatch was not included given the major story implications from the demo we saw. They interest me with my corporate netrunner focused adventure :)

Good question :think: I usually roleplay either the neutral good or the lawful neutral types so the Valentinos and Moxes (the “family” type of factions) seem like the closest to what my V would like to be associated with. However, factions like the Tyger Claws and 6th. Street sound intriguing too.

In practice, though, I might try getting as friendly as possible with all of them at first.

No choice made.

Because till I see how the various factions are portrayed in CP2077 and meet, and evaluate, NPCs from those factions I can't make an informed (or partially informed) decision.

Which Nomads are you thinking of specifically?
Are they split into several factions?
Makes sense.

The articles I read so far always lumped them together, never mentioning any group specifically.

Anyways, I don't mind working for the corporations either if that gives me an opportunity to undermine them and stab them in the back when they least expect it.

Top Bottom