Weekly Poll 10/14/19 - Cyberpunk RPG In Person! Ish.

+

Cyberpunk the RPG Table Top! Your thoughts?

• 1. I have played Cyberpunk 2020.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 2. I have played Cyberpunk Red.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 3. I'm playing 2020/Red currently! Envy me!

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • 4. I have not played any of the above.

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • 5. I'm planning to play before Release!

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 6. I'm planning to play after Release. Really delve in!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 7. Not planning to play - the CRPG is enough for me thanks!

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • 8. I'd like to play, but opportunities are a problem. Damn you life! Damn youuuuuuuuu!

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • 9. Not likely to play, but buying the sourcebooks because LORE.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • 10. Hell, I played Cyberpunk 2013! How's that for old-school!

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2020 and follows right after Cyberpunk RED. These are social table-top role playing games, like DnD but cooler and with many, many more guns and drugs and booster gangs. Playable at home or across the internet, CP2020 was a fundamental influence for CDPR designers, who'd long dreamed of bringing the game they played years ago to the format they love now.

Have you played either? Are you interested in playing either? Are you planning on trying them out before or after release?

Some 2013+ Lore links here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ark-future-a-year-of-cyberpunk-lore.11011846/

1 & 8. Used to play a lot. Was tied for my favorite PnP with Mage: The Ascension. However, these days opportunities to play with a group are few and far between. Such is life ...

1 & 8.

We played it back in the day.

There is some urge to try once again, but two problems emerge... time (work, school, some people have families) and lacking source books that are translated in our language (I know my english well enough, but not everybody does).

Last edited:
1 & 3.

DMing does count as playing right? Or do only players count? o_O

Last edited:
1, 2, & 8. I played the crap out of 2020 & CyberGeneration back in the day. Picked up the Red preview box at Gen Con and played a bit of that, but I don't really have a local group around here so not really actively playing it, but fingers are perpetually crossed.

I hope Cyberpunk Red will release before 2077. LIke SOON :) Went through Jumpstarter Kit. Mostly loved the world. Much like the one I wrote for our Cyberpunk games post CW4. (Mine was better of course ;) ) However, it seems Mike didn't even spent a second on mechanics and stuff like that. Most pieces are missing and the things that are there are just a copy paste from CP2020. Haven't the utter failure of Cyberpunk V3 taught Mike something?
But I'm optimistic. Lore is solid. And, for the first time, a book by RTG looks GOOD :)

8 & 9.

Well, if only I knew CP2020 back in the days I would have spent months in busy time just reading the lore and DMing... plot twist : didn't happen like that unfortunately. However, I've had the chance to read CP2020 rulebook recently (in English) and that's a part of why I keep going on the forums, and why I like so much the cyberpunk as a genre.

Now why do I regret not having the time to play at the moment (I may be re-considering things if some conditions meet) :
- As an amateur (yet serious) board game creator/writer/drawer, I have personal projects and some collaborations on the fire, so it does take energy and stuff. Most of us now are not kids anymore, with a lifespan of free time... You name it.
- I could still find some time to play or mastering, but I would prefer getting a French version of the material for the same reasons @kofeiiniturpa mentioned : it's easier to explain things to our players when stuff is translated to our language :) the more the better.

I'd gladly play the game and make people discover the cyberpunk genre through homemade scenarios (yeah I'm that guy who never follows the book's scenarios) ; but as said I'd like to read the text in French tbh, and ofc money is another factor to count.

4, 7, 9.
My first exposure to the universe is the 2013 teaser trailer. Watching people play CP2020 is amusing and the game seems well-designed, but it's not my thing because I don't have a huge interest in the genre so I wouldn't take it seriously. I'm excited for 2077 because CDPR is good at video game adaptations. Outside of that, I might read one of the books, but I don't see myself playing the tabletop games.

Me and my friends played when we were kids. Even though we liked DD Forgotten Realms much more.
heresy.jpg

4. Just 4. Not played and I'm not sure whether I'd like to. No experience with PnP and it seems rather complicated.

Top Bottom