Weekly Poll 10/15/18 - Vehicles!

+

What do you want from the vehicle play in 2077?

• Total voters
I don't see the only important option - if I you can take your date for a ride in your car.

2 and to no one's surprise 5.

As to how the hell you can incorporate character skill into driving without an "autopilot" I don't have a clue :unsure:

Tuco

Forum veteran
I'm all for a simplified driving model in a game that isn't focused on racing, but I'd also love to feel some minimal inertia.

In other words I don't want vehicles to feel like they are floating on the street and making the narrowest curves with no effort at all, I want to feel their weight while driving.

I guess that means the second option?

2 and to no one's surprise 5.

As to how the hell you can incorporate character skill into driving without an "autopilot" I don't have a clue :unsure:

I think somehow SR3 pulled this off. You could upgrade different aspects of your car and it would control better or go faster. And they did it without the base vehicle controls feeling nerfed.

I didn't give much thought to vehicles until recently. I liked what I saw in the demo, and generally assume that player skill = better driving regardless of gameplay mechanics.

When it comes to the mechanics, I have concerns about the whole "your actions have consequences" stuff CP2077 is selling. In GTAs, you can plow through a bunch of pedestrians on the sidewalks and only have a small police chase which most can easily evade. If driving like a madman will incur actual penalties, the mechanics better be up to snuff to help ensure that those of us who aren't great at video game driving to not cause oursevles problems as we try to get to our missions and what not; a driving tutorial would be great.

Acquisition should be relatively straightforward. I think we'll get cars through quests, but the better cars we'll have to buy for ourselves. When online components get introduced, this acquisition will be more important. Stealing cars should be an option, and the consequences should be felt...if you're caught.

Or the more used you get to using other cars and civilians as emergency braking methods, as I do in GTA.

I think the game should take measures in discouraging that. Not preventing, but keeping track of and providing consequences.

I remember a game from the 90’s (that had FPP driving) where, if you were speeding, cops would pull you over and give you a hefty ticket.

That’s one way. And there are others too.

Driving should be made fun because it will most likely how every player get somewhere in the game. I think GTA IV is a bad example to follow, the handling feels really heavy and too slippery at times. GTA V in the other hand, in a way reward you for commuting from one place to another by the way the vehicle handles.

I think somehow SR3 pulled this off. You could upgrade different aspects of your car and it would control better or go faster. And they did it without the base vehicle controls feeling nerfed.

SR3 is the one game where I could drive quite well. What ever they did worked, I could slide a car around corners and have all kinds of fun. I also did quite well in GTA V. Least I managed to keep the vehicle on my side of the road. But so far, SR3 had the best driving.

I have to be honest Cyberpunk 2020 does not have the best vehicle combat rules that I have ever seen. there was one game that did an awesome job ... car wars or something. anyways point being whats the point in having stats when player skill is going to define everything. I would have voted for 5 but I don't know how that translates into a FPS RPG and even if they did would it be fun? . If it where Turn based and used the actual pen paper rules. I would say hell yes. but as long as I can do every thing as they do in the opening sequence too the Akira movie, I will be happy.

I want to be able steal any vehicle I want from plane to a boat to a car. I also want to be able to store any vehicle I buy.
30043107bd601bef6d90d1bbc37494dc2128d068.jpg

0d552a-Grand_Theft_Auto_V_2015-05-25_23-04-32.jpg

But there should be a varity of vehicles
boats.jpg

a60faec185a8209621d14661c9f99dce.jpg

imagesF3B1ZSCG.jpg

images2ZIC5OPO.jpg

But you should be able to customize most of the vehicles you can see in many different ways like in games:
  1. Gta V
  2. Forza Horzion 4
  3. Saints row 4

Top Bottom