Weekly Poll 10/20/19 - Other Cities!

+

What other cities would you like to play through in Cyberpunk?

• Total voters
Night City. The iconic Cyberpunk 2020 play environment. We're based there, but perhaps not forever.

Cities have a character all their own, determined by geography, industry, population, cultural pressures and even weather. Paris isn't Milan isn't Chicago isn't Warsaw.

These are but a small sample, but are somewhat Cyberpunk iconic.

MORE polls here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

7, 9, and 10.

Warsaw because it's a really cool city in the real world, so I'd like to see what it's like in an alternate future -- even though that little description doesn't sound particularly tempting. But who knows, could be great. Also, it's relatively close: convenience.

Crystal Palace because orbital. Does it need more reasoning than that? I don't think so.

10 because Helsinki. Although I doubt it'd be a proper city any more than it is now.

Moscow because Cyberpunk in a winter setting would be pretty cool. Or a city in Canada, like Toronto or Vancouver. Something cold.

Moscow. Or Saint-Petersberg. Or Kaliningrad. Or Vienna. Or Prague. Or any other old and new corpo architecture contrasts (Moscow has at least three of). The latter city played it's part as cyberpunk-ish city well enough in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. In a pure daylight. Shitty weather adds alot to that feel. In a pure dayliiight~

6, 7 and 9.
We already have a city in North America, so I chose one from Europe, Asia and the orbital luxurious city for exoticism.

I’d rather move away from the concept of a single city in a singular big map and have the game arranged such that you have multiple cities to travel between around Europe (and specifically Europe) with each city consisting from a cluster of hubs not too different from how you explore LA in Bloodlines or the planets in KOTOR 2, though obviously bigger and more versatile hubs.
- London
- Paris
- Rome
- Warsaw
- Helsinki
- Berlin

Booking flights at will (or as per mission demands) between any of them, if you can afford it (or if you own a personal jet at some point...).

Multinational supercorporations, brands and crime syndicates being the connecting element, but otherwise: different cultures, different languages, different architectures, sensibilities, missions, gameplay opportunities, weather, and so on.

Generally I think another fictional city (orbital space station, Stateline, or something else) would be better than an adapted real one.

Sild

Ex-moderator
1 - Because we're six, SIX posts in and no one mentioned the most cyberpunk ish city on the planet. Now. Imagine in 50 years *swoon*

2 - Games taught me that wastelands aren't exactly empty. But full of loot, nice loot, moving loot that's also good for target practice. Also no law, I get enough of that at work. Also New York. Iconic.

Changed 2 to Moscow. Was really tempted on pass 1, did it now. You can change your votes accordingly if you like.

I voted 1 and 9 .

1 I just think Tokyo and cyberpunk is a match made in heaven , like peas and carrots ;)

9 Ever since i herd about Crystal Palace i have wanted to see it in game , it would be different than any other City .

The homer in me wanted to vote for 10 as well but just so i could see an Aussie city , just imagine all those dangerous animals in the Badlands :eek:

Actually, New York was not nuked that badly in CP universe (Night City neither, but Mike can't tell 5kt from Tsar Bomba, apparently... :) ) It is said that the burst gutted the UN HQ and left most Manhattan radiated. The rest is ok. And 55 years later? Maybe it's again The Big Apple. Paris and London were bombed from orbit by the Highriders.
Just to clarify :)
Tokyo could be fun, but Night City is Tokyo :)
Moscow. Leningrad. Now, that would be an adventure!
Outside of the list. Rio or Sao Paulo. Nuff said. Maybe some middle eastern metropolis? Cairo. Or african? Johannesburg, Cape Town.
Or maybe Canada? Some say it's a great city!

How about a narco-state in Mexico/South America completely overrun by corpo-sized gangs, managing to produce the most advanced drugs in the planet with stolen tech, mass scale human experimentation and slavery?

About time we see some action there. South America is by far the most ignored place in the industry.

How about a narco-state in Mexico/South America completely overrun by corpo-sized gangs, managing to produce the most advanced drugs in the planet with stolen tech, mass scale human experimentation and slavery?

About time we see some action there. South America is by far the most ignored place in the industry.

One of, for sure. I almost put Rio in the list, but there's not a lot of stuff on it in 2020 lore.

One of my NPCs is a super talented hacker out of Brazil, actually. Fundamental to the campaign currently. Of course, my PCs want to shoot him...netrunners, right?

Had to go with Moscow, Paris, and Hong Kong, with Hong Kong as my #1 (netrunners and apocalyptic ruined city, ding ding ding we've got a winner!). After that I feel like Moscow's bleak totalitarian military dictatorship and entro-bulous ghettos are the far end of the cyberpunk spectrum while the decadent individualism of futurist Paris is the other.

I'm voting only for Paris. I love Paris. I would very much like to see what Paris looks like in the twisted, perverse, ultra-violent vision of the future. (I'll probably still love Paris.)

Top Bottom