Weekly Poll 11/25/19 - Stout For ? Last of Stout Month!

+

My feelings about Stout are:

• Total voters
5 is the only option I'm sure I agree with, so 5 it is.

Stout is an arrogant, cold, rude woman who only cares about herself and possibly Militech, and seems more than likely to use others as mere pawns that can (and likely will) be freely discarded after they've served their purpose (= helped her further her and/or the corporation's goals).

I certainly do not like her, or anything about her really.

Sild

Ex-moderator
She is clearly distraught by something. She's this close to loosing her job, probably even her life. That's when "V" meets her. Like a lion in a cage, Stout is at this point. Her attitude could very well be simply a defence mechanism for her to cope with the situation, or, it could be of something deeper, buried. Whichever it is (even something else entirely) my approach regarding Stout will be with cautious interest.

Well no surprise that i voted for 1 and 9 .

1 Meredith is hot and tough , i really really like that ;)

9 With out any evidence i think / hope she is a good person . I can see some good romance options if V can lighten her up a little . I am going to liken it to a Yen or Bastila Shan ( from KOTOR ) romance . Both girls were much nicer when you romanced them .

As @Sild posted above we are meeting Meredith on what might be her worst day ???????

4 and 6.

Forgive me. I'll try to compress this as much as I can. Forgiveness, please. ;)

My feelings on Stout are: she's a bit flat. Her attitude and arrogance reek of a lack of experience to me. One of those people with a hot head that knows more than some, but only enough to get herself into real trouble before realizing she's in over her head.

Someone that has both a.) the knowledge of how to handle things and b.) commands the weal / authority to exact their will doesn't get all strung out about stuff. "I can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." If she's a powerful individual, and discovers that someone has taken advantage of her, she'll smile and shake hands with them right up to the point that her supporters tackle them from behind. She's not a cop or anything -- she's a corpo. So she's naturally a liar, cheater, and opportunist. I find it hard to believe that someone with her personality would climb high or last long in a world as cutthroat and brutal as Cyberpunk. Too obvious. Too easy to read. Too predictable.

For the future, though, I'm interested to see how they develop her character or utilize her to surprise the player. What I'd love to see, for example, is her getting more and more intense until, finally, she realizes she's beaten...and she disintegrates. Literally gives up the posturing and posing to become nothing but a young woman, completely vulnerable, curled up in a ball, waiting for the inevitable. And maybe it's V that decides her ultimate fate...and letting her live is extremely dangerous. If you don't kill her now, someone else will do it far more slowly. A hard choice, where it's not a "boss fight" or anything -- just a few moments to decide whether to execute this helpless, devastated person cringing in the corner or not. Something to create real sympathy for the character -- and a very uncomfortable decision that will help to define the player character and the vicious reality of Night City.

Sild

Ex-moderator
So she's naturally a liar, cheater, and opportunist. I find it hard to believe that someone with her personality would climb high or last long in a world as cutthroat and brutal as Cyberpunk

BAH! it's a dog eat dog world (no, not ours, i mean.. yes, ours too but Cyberpunk takes it waay further). That's as banal as they come.

If you don't kill her now, someone else will do it far more slowly.

Ok, NOW you're scaring me :oops: .

:D

Which probably means she didn't lie, cheat and deceive enough. That's... good? in a twisted cyberpunk-ish way.

5, 7 and 10. Look lady, I see you are angry, yeah you were robbed, I get it. But point that gun at my face one more time and I assure you: you are dead.

She sounds like a smug tryhard who's not really in charge of anything that matters, and even then managed to fuck it up.

If she can be used as a steppingstone and a doormat to better circles, that's what I'll do.

I voted 8 and 10, however, if she were a romance option, even though I'd prefer someone like Brigitte or maybe Bug (assuming they're romancable), I'd be intrigued to see how a relationship with Stout could go. I mean, it's gonna go wrong and emotional, of course :LOL: But how wrong and emotional? It'd remain to be seen.

I like her based on my first impressions. I need more data that isn't 2 years old before I come to any other conclusions.

Top Bottom