Weekly Poll 11/4/19 - Consequences! And missed content!

+

How firm should the consequences of your choices be?

• Total voters
Hey,
I would like to point out that some RPGs like Gothic 2 or first Assassins Creeds don't have such deep consequences or quest branches yet are globally known and respected games.

Especially AC, as far as I remember, doesn't give any reason to be played multiple times.

I think that what makes them so known and good is the fact that they are well worked out in their respective settings and their lore is well set, engaging and understandable.

I don't think that killing X or Y character actually "screws" your run. IMO, this is the most spontaneous act of narrative choice the player can make in this world, supposing that an important NPC is that easy to kill. And I matter mostly for choices that matter, instead of realizing halfway through the run that some characters are virtually immortals and feeling like I have been following rail tracks, just like in some (yet popular) roleplay videogames.

Like the roleplay value could be limited to pressing buttons (aka: dialogue choice), instead of giving full freedom of action ; so the PC destiny may change, because of that one moment you wanted to kill a quest-giver character. Because it's just that : if your game story is well-written, you always have an open door that leads the player to an ending, may it be the worst one.

I don't count PC's death as a valuable ending, because this is more of a gameplay mechanic to experiment your skills through trial and error (death only stands for "game over - try again") ; for that matter, just make a permadeath mode, so PC death would become meaningful in the narrative.
Post automatically merged:

Hey,
I would like to point out that some RPGs like Gothic 2 or first Assassins Creeds don't have such deep consequences or quest branches yet are globally known and respected games.

Especially AC, as far as I remember, doesn't give any reason to be played multiple times.

I think that what makes them so known and good is the fact that they are well worked out in their respective settings and their lore is well set, engaging and understandable.

I always respected the possibility to kill the important NPCs in Gothic 3. I made myself a personal quest that was to kill all of them (3 or 4 characters ? I don't remember so well now)... but anyway, I couldn't finish the game because I succeeded. For that freedom of action the game designers granted me (among other cool features, like you could do a quest or free a village without being asked for it first), I thank them ! Never seen that in further games anywhere.

Last edited:
No way she is like one of those lollies with a hard shell on the outside and soft chocolate inside ;) Just look at her heart tattoo , she has made a choice to keep it

You are basing this on what you want to believe because she is pretty.

That heart tattoo could be either a reminder of a foolish mistake she made, a punishment from Powers Above Her or just because it amused her.

She leaves it there because she can, because she has power and crushes those who cross her and no one dares to laugh at it.

Assuming she is soft inside because she is pretty and has a tattoo? Militech Corporates use people who make those mistakes for either fodder or distractions. They aren't soft.

I do now have another Poll topic, though. Thanks, Brett!

You are basing this on what you want to believe because she is pretty.

That heart tattoo could be either a reminder of a foolish mistake she made, a punishment from Powers Above Her or just because it amused her.

She leaves it there because she can, because she has power and crushes those who cross her and no one dares to laugh at it.

Assuming she is soft inside because she is pretty and has a tattoo? Militech Corporates use people who make those mistakes for either fodder or distractions. They aren't soft.

I do now have another Poll topic, though. Thanks, Brett!

Of course i am basing this on she is pretty because that`s all we have to go on at this time . With no real info we ( me ) post utter BS that we ( i ) hope will be true ;)

To me Yen in TW3 was a complete bitch but if you romanced her it would soften her up a bit . Bastlia Shan in KOTOR wasn`t so much a bitch as cold business / by the rules type until romanced . I guess i am hoping for that type of romance in CP2077 and can see this possibility with a " hard edge Corpo " until you peel away the layers .:shrug:

I am looking forward to your poll :ROFLMAO:

Of course i am basing this on she is pretty because that`s all we have to go on at this time . With no real info we ( me ) post utter BS that we ( i ) hope will be true ;)

To me Yen in TW3 was a complete bitch but if you romanced her it would soften her up a bit . Bastlia Shan in KOTOR wasn`t so much a bitch as cold business / by the rules type until romanced . I guess i am hoping for that type of romance in CP2077 and can see this possibility with a " hard edge Corpo " until you peel away the layers .:shrug:

I am looking forward to your poll :ROFLMAO:

It would be interesting if you -could- romance Stout. Trying to imagine the dinner conversation...and the consequences if you reallllly flubbed it. Not only lose the primary quest line for Stout and also add another one with her as hostile? But, you know, -mean- and hostile?

2020 Lifepath has Make Enemy - They Try To Screw You Over - Can Throw Corp At You as an option.

Ive nocited myself sometimes struggling with this. I believe Fallout 4 had stuff like this, if you did this, you missed some content.

1, 4, 5, 7.
Doing everything in one playthrough makes me less motivated to do a second playthrough. I don't think this has to apply to literally every quest, and it should be contextual. Draconifors' example highlights why 5 makes sense to me. Starting a fight would alter a questline, but retreating shouldn't have the same outcome as finishing a fight cause they'd be alive right?

Top Bottom