Weekly Poll 11/5/18 - RPG Life Simulator Aspects

+

How much life simulator role-playing do you want in CP2077?

• Total voters
I also play RDR2 at the moment and I love all the little things you can do, getting up in the morning, brewing yourself a cup of coffee and going around the camp just talking to people, doing chores. I only dislike the somewhat longish animations, wish there was a way to speed them up or skip them and this is exactly what I want in CP77.

2 and 6. But I do not condone cooking and house decorations. For all I care both can be left out altogether. Not interested. At all.

But I am interested in gamesystems - what ever they might be - that measure and affect my characters well-being and efficiency (physical and mental) and the ways s/he can function with other systems across the board, and from thereon produce interesting systemic gameplay I need to pay attention to instead of just being able to do things 'because I can'. That my characters ability to function properly as a gameplay vessel is a result of other gameplay elements. If that makes any sense.

2 & 6 - The aspects of home life that are fun eating, drinking, socializing, decorating, etc, without the drudgery of the the mundane.

1 & 6. I love this stuff.
Ditto.

Thanks for suggesting this. As I've said many times before, though, we are almost certainly in the minority.

Still, the more of this stuff, the better. I want it to have meaning, but it doesn't have to, necessarily. For example, is it necessary, from a gameplay perspective, for 2077 (or RDR2) to have looting animations? Nope. But it'd be neat.

Last edited:
Lots of ideas for this. Let's start.

I would love house customization. I don't know how it was in Fallout 4 as I didn't play that game but the more options the better.

I also don't want hair and beard growth since we will play in first person and it would become irrelevant. Besides we are in a city not in a forest so I think shaving or not, changing hairstyle or not and keeping a consistent look or not shouldn't be much of a hassle as to become a gameplay mechanic players should be constantly thinking of as it would become easier or more tolerable to mantain in real life than in game. DON'T want realistic mechanics in that element in particular. I want the look of my election to stay there. and if i'm shaved and want a beard so be it.

I also want a surgeon where if we pay we can change our default look the way we want. Like the character creator at the start of the game. Two other things, barber (hairstyle and beard) and tattoo parlor for our whole body since we can see it at the character creator (maybe put the two in the same place or CLOSE to each other so we wouldn't have to travel a lot to customize our character, I know it isn't common but it's cyberpunk after all) . Lots of options for this two please. ( Note: In the surgeon we could change hairstyle and beard and we could have all the options too so we could see how they look with the character's face but it would be more expensive as you are paying the complete package. This way players would prefer and have a real reason to use the barber).

I would like a gym were we could get how muscular we want and besides affecting looks (for when we see our body in first person or our character in third) change stats (like speed, strenght, etc.). It would be a minigame too (and we could have competitions/bets with other people, etc.).

I was gonna say i didn't wanted cooking and getting slimmer/fatter but with this muscle system idea I changed my mind and think it could contribute to build our body the way we want, and besides cooking COULD be a interesting mechanic IF we could make detailed recipes and create our own and be able to see them with LOTS of detail. If that isn't the case, then I don´t want it. But one thing for sure, I don't want any of this systems to be a necessity. Don't want any survival elements on this game.

Last edited:
Hum..

I like a nice cc , where I can have :

1- nice hair for V
2- Nice Abs for V
3- Cutsomize clothes and colors .
4- maybe heigh ?

for house customization (Or appartement ? Do they have houses in cyberpunk?) :

1- I want the Appartement to have a Bed/couch/table and be useful for Sleeping/peoples .
2- a functional Bar , so I can get crazy drunk !

Personally I'm not against or pro customizing an appartement like crazy . In Fallout 4 it was fun but also very taxing , since you could just do that..for days . The appartement should've have some ''options'' to make the player like it's their own place , and 'useful'' enough that we wanna go back to it . Not just eye candy , and a place to save .

I don't like eat/hunger/need to sleep system in general . I mean , it would work in an open world where you can forget the story (like Skyrim) . But even then , It felt more like a chore to me . Some peoples find it more realistic , but I get to fight dragons ?! how is that for realistic ? lol . Won't say no , just don't force it on me . Make it an toggle Option in setting or something .

In Mass effect you had bathroom , and in your personal quarters you had a shower (can never use) and a toilet you can flush . I like to be able to take a shower , especially if they can work the Blood Splatter and it dissapear after a shower . Thats more useful to me then flushing a toilet without ever using it .

Maybe own a pet ?

Went for three. I like the option of performing some extra tasks for a minor benefit or to be able to add a trophy to my appartment.

A good example of what I'd like would be RDR2. You need to shave (or don't) can hang around camp and interact with your band, play a few minigames, drink coffee, brush your horse and perform chores but all are optional. Still, I find myself loitering around camp and chopping wood because it feels right in the game, not because I need to.

Personalisation is a big part of RPG's for me. To really get into a character, I need it to look like MY character, act like MY character and live like MY character.

I really want to be anble to customise the look of my gear, my weapons, (because why wouldn't guns be fashionable too?) my vehicle and my home. We alrasdy know we can customise our bodies, we should at least be able to equal that with the other aspects of our character.

As for eating and drinking, i've clocked enough time in survival based games now to know that I am much happier with this being optional, or even beneficial, rather than a requirement.

As for eating and drinking, i've clocked enough time in survival based games now to know that I am much happier with this being optional, or even beneficial, rather than a requirement.

Even in those games that system is never really good, you go hungry and thirsty too fast and often don't affect your character so much.

Top Bottom