Weekly Poll 12/24/18 - City-Wide Events!

+

What kind of a calendar year would you like to see in Night City?

• Total voters
3,4, and 8 for me. While I love accurate calendars with intricate events (I'm thinking Daggerfall's systems of holidays, periods where certain magic was stronger than others, etc.), I'm not sure the same type of thing would work for CP2077's world.

Instead, I'd love to have "timed" missions that give you, say, a couple of weeks to get a job done. I'd love to see seasons mark the passage of time -- daylight turning from blazing white light in summer to more of a grey haze in the winter. Dark, swirling, windy storms with the rain coming down sideways in winter months and lighter rainstorms in the summer. It could all be cosmetic, but it would give the sense of time passing.

For "holidays", I would focus entirely on corporate-sponsored discount peroids for various things...maybe encouraging players to save their eddies for better gear or chrome that they'll only be able to afford during the grace periods. Alternatively, various regions of the city could have their own cultural customs. Like a certain burgh throwing a district-wide rave at the same time every year. Lots of open doors, completely stoned people, and general distraction if you show up on those 3 days... Might be interesting for players to consider how certain, upcoming celebrations could affect their approach to a mission.

Ehh. This sort of thing would make it feel like a half-baked MMO to me unless executed well. In game time/seasons to overlap with IRL makes very little sense for a RPG, and there's a fairly big chance it'd just serve as a distraction.

7 days a week, a clock, and seasons, in addition to various weather effects. Holidays would be neat but I'm not too bothered about them.

i want to see snow
1OYtw9YwBkMPIJkvL9Nel7uxwM1BzLmw_LuGaU0_NjU.jpg

Top Bottom