Weekly Poll 12/3/18 - Night City!

+

What do you want from Night City?

• Total voters
I would think it will be a mix between the two, with late game areas having high (??) level enemies that are too difficult for most players with low level characters, but sometimes it also requires story progression to access an area (likely only a minority of the entire map), where doing so too early could break the main quest line. This is how it was implemented in The Witcher 3, most of the map is open to exploration right after the prologue, but traveling to Skellige immediately at level 4 may be too difficult, and Kaer Morhen is locked off until after the first act of the main story.
Yeah, that's the most likely scenario, but what would you prefer?

2 5 7 8 10

2 because I don't care how big the map is if I cannot go everywhere. It's actually one of the mods I put in my Fallout 4 game.

5 because for me actually roleplay possibilities worth more than the "vibes" of the place.

7 because if I'm stuck using FPP then I hope for it to be useful, and that means being able to take other path to go where I want that just staying grounded.

8 because illogical is illogical.

10 because it opens possibilities.

My hope is they can balance density/room exploration with an expansive street network to drive in. This means only certain buildings and alleyways will be worth exploring and there will be some 'dead' zones. But it would give the strongest impression of a massive city. And then of course I hope there's the outskirts/rural areas to explore.

Yeah, that's the most likely scenario, but what would you prefer?
For gameplay purposes I certainly see the need to restrict the areas a player has access to. BUT, this should buildings and other controlled spaces not entire neighborhoods. If you wanna walk the streets in gang controlled areas as a noob it's your funeral, the game shouldn't prohibit player stupidity.

I am wondering about something...

Will it be crowds of single-shot, one-life NPCs (like Skyrim), or crowds of regenerating NPCs (like GTA 5)?

I want to know how much effort it would take to render an area lifeless.

Will it be crowds of single-shot, one-life NPCs (like Skyrim), or crowds of regenerating NPCs (like GTA 5)?

Undoubtedly regenerating. But we don't have an official statement. Good question, though.

Regenerating if we base it on their past games. Which makes sense.

Nah. Chemical weapons filter out of the area too easily. I want the area to remain lifeless for quite some time, not for a short while.

Well, except maybe a nuclear leak would work... Chernobyl proved that keeps most humans away, but doesn't impact animals that much. But building a nuclear reactor from scratch is a lot of work, and people look at you funny when you start buying up a lot of smoke detectors so you have a reactive fuel to use as a base (americium isn't as good as uranium, but it's a lot easier to get your hands on).

This one was tough...

1. I'm less wanting anything in particular, and more just excited to see what CDPR can deliver.

2 & 7. It would be cool if there were more places you could go into and less just buildings for show. Plus I do want to get a highrise Night City condo with a stellar view.

4. Well, it's been a big selling point of the game, so why not be pining for it? This has me very curious.

6. Mix of environments would help Night City feel bigger. I've read that each district will be very different from one another, so I am wondering to what extent that'll be taken to.

Nah. Chemical weapons filter out of the area too easily. I want the area to remain lifeless for quite some time, not for a short while.

Well, except maybe a nuclear leak would work... Chernobyl proved that keeps most humans away, but doesn't impact animals that much. But building a nuclear reactor from scratch is a lot of work, and people look at you funny when you start buying up a lot of smoke detectors so you have a reactive fuel to use as a base (americium isn't as good as uranium, but it's a lot easier to get your hands on).
I think it would actually be quite cool if the city was reactive enough to allow for stuff like mini-nuking a certain area. Of course, this would not be a random thing, it'd be scripted like anything else, but it'd be interesting to see how the NPCs react to it; especially given CDPR's focus on story.

Obviously that's pretty unlikely. But a neat idea.

From the information available so far, I get the impression that trying to kill civilians would most likely lead to the player having to load a saved game soon, so it might not be a major issue that random NPCs regenerate. Of course, having all unique NPCs is not economical either if we expect them to be present in realistic (for a modern city) numbers, it can be seen in the gameplay demo that there are a lot of Witcher style pedestrians to fill the streets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the world of CyberPunk 2077 large swaths of land are uninhabitable. It would make sense for Night City to be overpopulated and having dense buildings and large crowds. Verticality would also make sense, if acid rain in areas would destroy infrastructure when trying to expand outwards.

Also, has it not already been confirmed that Street Cred gets you into other parts of the city? It would be neat to be able to move around 'restricted' parts of the city, but if any punks saw you, they'd be openly hostile.

I want there to be mix of enviroments with each having some different to offer like a desert:
sebastien-primeau-assassin-screedorigins-white-desert-02.jpg

and a great city:
30631153228_563ab7c34a_b.jpg

a fanatastic forest:
3079326-horizonzerodawn_e32016_shellwalkers_1465873617.jpg

Good looking surburbs:
kim-fournel-prescott-06.jpg

Mountains roads that you will love:
18n32blx2ygnqjpg.jpg

But also have beautiful interiors:
76603a1c4b94911e1429bed99f706fbe.jpg

reddeadredemption_environment_02_by_hethe_srodawa.jpg

I want there to be mix of enviroments with each having some different to offer like a desert:
View attachment 10985620
and a great city:
View attachment 10985623
a fanatastic forest:View attachment 10985626
Good looking surburbs:
View attachment 10985629
Mountains roads that you will love:
View attachment 10985632
But also have beautiful interiors:
View attachment 10985635
View attachment 10985638
Does anyone know if there are actually mountains in Night City? @Suhiira, @Sardukhar, perhaps?

Top Bottom