Weekly Poll 2/24/20 - Welcome Home, V. Bail! (VII)

+

You...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You sprint forward, holstering your Vindicator and scooping up the dropped Sternmeyer as you pass. The eyes of the guy getting into the Lux widen just before you ram the muzzle of the rifle at full power between his eyes. [Melee: 20. Success] His eyes roll up in his head, [Stun/Shock Save: 10. Fail] and you hit him again, just to be sure. Jerking the door open, you slide behind the controls. You're in luck - it's a jack-n-hack job.

You ignore the piloting cable and grab the wheel, dialing the power to full. The oversized limo's engine howls in protest as you power the car through the turn, still-open door flapping on its hinge. [Drive: 19. Last Luck point - 20. Success.]

The big borg empties his magazine into the NCPD cruiser, gunshots echoing into the dulled ringing of the armor-plate and windshield coming apart. He steps around the front of the car and reloads calmly as he clears his sightline, then drops the muzzle of the light machinegun onto the two officers.

Borg.JPG

WHAM!

Lux2.jpg

You catch the cyborg just behind his knees, M-7A flying wide, the big front grille hammering him down into the Street. The Lux drags him about a half block, then you back up and do it again for good measure before leaving the car parked more or less on top of his body. Hopping out, still carrying the Sternmeyer, you sprint to the Dataterm, wipe off the blood on the scanner and thumb the storage open.

Ahhhhhh. There it is.

Shoving the package deep into your jackets inner pocket and zipping it shut, you glance at Marks. He's doing steady compressions on his partner as sirens wail closer. Maybe she'll make it.

You scoop some blood-spattered but marketable gear off the pavement, (Raven smartglasses, Militech trauma pack, 10mm HK, IMI chain-knife) then head for the nearest NCART. Time to get gone.

[4 choices!]

Other polls here. Character sheet here.

Last edited:
1 - we always watch our backs
6 - check the stuff also for potential tracking devices on them
8 - information is key, but sometimes it's better NOT to draw extra heat to the source
9 - as I said, itel is key

...Well, that went waaay better than I expected :LOL: No complaints from my part though, surviving safe and soundly is no reason to groan, I'll tell you that!

---

2, 6, 4, and 9. I wanna know how Marks and his partner did after that mess, but not before disappearing from everybody's radar for a while (starting with avoiding public places as much as possible) and taking care of the loot.

Woot for that extra luckpoint. It's nice when it works out relatively well (at least short term).

3, 6, 7, 9. Get off the train as soon as your somewhere familiar and get gone - with the caveat that it's not closest stop to where V lives (don't lead them straight home). Do NOT go straight back to home area. Get a look at our score, keep what seems useful, sell the rest. Keep distance from Mike, but try and gain some intel. Discreetly contact Marks and see how they're doing.

2 (not cover but make your way "home" via any method BUT NCART)
3 (when you reach familiar territory find a hole, crawl in, pull it closed after you)
6 (no need to sell the loot immediately, while you're waiting insure the gear you want to keep is functional and worth keeping)
7 (hit Mikes as soon as possible, hopefully before people start looking for you, afterwards go back to your bolt-hole and await further developments.)
9 (after you're done at Mikes but before you return to your bolt-hole use a public phone/data-term to contact Marks.)

2 (not cover but make your way "home" via any method BUT NCART)
3 (when you reach familiar territory find a hole, crawl in, pull it closed after you)
6 (no need to sell the loot immediately, while you're waiting insure the gear you want to keep is functional and worth keeping)
7 (hit Mikes as soon as possible, hopefully before people start looking for you, afterwards go back to your bolt-hole and await further developments.)
9 (after you're done at Mikes but before you return to your bolt-hole use a public phone/data-term to contact Marks.)
Yeah I voted 3, but it's more a mix of 2/3. Otherwise we think very much alike about this.

EDIT: Also @Sardukhar - did the borg fail an awareness check in there? He was fairly preoccupied I suppose.

Last edited:
Excuse me Mr. Borg. Did you fail an awareness check? You should really upgrade that equipment of yours. Hey! Why are you reach into my chest and pulling out my heart?

"Oh, great! Now I can finally get that Sportheart 2000 I had my...heart..set...o..URK."

Top Bottom