Weekly Poll 2/25/19 - Improvements from Witcher 3

+

Which 3 things would you like to see Cyberpunk improve the most from Witcher 3?

• Total voters
Rawls has presented me with -quite- a list of topics to draw on! So as to celebrate his work, I'm immediately doing one that isn't on it. Muwahahahaha! Suffer, Rawls!

Next week, we'll get started on some of his many ideas. Very thorough man, Rawls. If only he wasn't...

Anyway.

Witcher 3! If you didn't play it, this poll isn't going to do much for you. Go play it.

I loved it. You loved it. Or you ought to! But, it was not perfect, of course. Nor will CP2077 be!

What 3 things would you like to see improved on most from Witcher 3? I'm limiting it to 3 because, well, limits are part of choice!

This isn't going to inform the devs very much, should they even read it, but it does give us all a chance to numberify what we want most to see improved on from W3.

I had a NOTHING WITCHER 3 WAS FINE AND BEAUTIFUL choice, but I ran out. So, if you feel that way and well you might, just say so below...

Rest of Polls here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

Last edited:
No lore inconsistencies.

Really liked the witcher series, but its hard to look at it like a sequel if its not consistent with the books.
Have not read them, but just hearing small details like Adda's hair was white and she was mentally disabled are already a hard turnoff.

CP 77 needs to improve their UI from TW3. Navigation between menus in the Witcher 3 was a nightmare. So 8.

It was a pain, but not in my top 3. I got used to it easily enough. Hotkeyed most everything.

I got stuck between RPG Stats, World Interaction and Combat. So hard to pick!

No lore inconsistencies.

Really liked the witcher series, but its hard to look at it like a sequel if its not consistent with the books.
Have not read them, but just hearing small details like Adda's hair was white and she was mentally disabled are already a hard turnoff.

2020 lore isn't so specific - and CDPR has specifically said they are rebuilding the world anyway. With the designer's active assistance.

Which is good. 2020 was written in the 80s and set now. Lots of stuff doesn't make sense now. History went a different path.

I only picked 1 and 5. I'd like to see a category where your character had access to all clothing options in the game, even what the NPC's are wearing. TW3 was awesome, but at times I wished I had access to some of the peasant clothing or commoner clothing, but you could not do that other then trying to mod the game your self. May sound silly, but I believe if it's in game, let us have access to it. Hope I'm not the only one who would like this. Other wise I would pick number 2 as a third choice.

5, 6, 7

I considered 1 and 8 but I expect CDPR is already doing #1 so no real reason to ask for what they're already doing. And #8 is mostly because of the whole Mouse & Keyboard vs Controller issue. The UI really needs to be optimized for each not just ported from one to the other.

4, 6 and 8, but I changed my mind and would prioritize 1 over 8. TW3 UI is pretty rough in spots, but the prospect of them creating an even more interactive and organic world is more important. To this end I hope to see random AI events, migrating enemies instead of them being stuck in place like they were TW3. They already do a lot of this very well with the way NPCs have schedules and unique behaviors and their weather system is quite good. Just keep layering more systems in the world.

I cant remember Witcher 3 well.

Most important thing is imho, do not let this fall too much into underground thing. Do whatever you can do to push this forward mainstream, like use some famous music riffs etc. Fashion is big in Cyberpunk, so why not to use some known real world Fashion stuff etc. Yeah, almost like what BGS with did with Fallout series, but they really went over the top approach. In short, keep it undergroudish but with mainstream twist.

Just 8 for me. What is not on the list that I would like to add is itemization/gear mechanics.

I am just going to copy and paste like a good little fanboy .

I had a NOTHING WITCHER 3 WAS FINE AND BEAUTIFUL choice, but I ran out. So, if you feel that way and well you might, just say so below...

I am sure CDPR would have looked back and spotted things they thought they could have done better . So i think they will improve things from TW3 to CP2077 . I am one of the older gamers on here i am sure and TW3 was the best game ever IMHO .

1, 5, and 8. I really really really wanted to pick 6, too, but since you're cruel and only allow three choices(!!) I had to choose between that and 1.

I absolutely love the world interaction system in Skyrim for example; NPCs react to all sorts of things the PC does, in various ways. It's something I would absolutely want to see in a newer game as well, which is why I picked 1 over 8 after a long consideration. RPG mechanics are great, yes, but the world feeling alive is more important to me.

5 was an obvious pick, for reasons that should be... well, obvious. :p

Last but not least, 8. Witcher 3 has excellent UI customization options, better than I've seen in any game ever, BUT I still always use the Friendly HUD mod for that extra bit of customization.
I'm one of those people who wants nothing extra on my screen during normal gameplay (yes, even combat is better with no UI visible), and overall I'm super picky about UI options. The more I can modify their visibility and behaviour with built-in settings, the better.

Last edited:
First thing: "I love TW3, but..."

1,4,5 (whatever a "oomph" is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oomph! ) 6 and 8, but I'm not voting since this time you guys decided to limit us to 3 options :p

that's my personal list (something goes in those points, something doesn't):

better interaction, in particular animations with the environment (doors, items...they have money now and FPP is easier than TPP, no excuses anymore), with NPCs if possible (RDR2 let you interact to some extent with all NPCs in the game, but something like TES is unrealistic due to the number of people living in a huge city)

I'd like deeper RPG elements since we're creating our own V, but I want a realistic approach, I don't want the level and loot systems used in TW3 which to me were the only real big flaw of the game. RPG elements are not limited to "+15% DMG with shotguns if you unlock this perk / buy a subdermal grip". I hate that bullshit, it reminds me I'm just playing a game. Immersion-breaking in its pure form. Make me create my own V based on stats that unlock REAL abilities and change my playstyle.

More options to solve problems. An immersive sim approach would be perfect (demo showed it to some extent, great!)

Better combat. TW3 was acceptable, but some signs were completely useless (aard? who the fuck uses aard when you have igni? yrden is useful only with wraiths, axii is quite lame) and the idea of equip abilities is terrible, like geralt learns and forgets how to use signs' alternative mode or how to deflect arrows or do an heavy charged attack. Nonsense. Maybe they had problems in balancing the game, that would explain the "level gated" system as well, I don't know. They should really improve there.

Better UI, smoother, lighter. Compass instead of mini-map is already a good idea, but a "problem" with TW3 is that you can't play without UI because the game doesn't visualize thing without it. You usually can't understand if geralt is wounded without life bar since there are no animations or blood stains (the getaway did that already in 2002), you have geralt's veins when he's intoxicated (very nice!) but they're impossible to be noticed while playing. FPP will help for sure since we've seen in several games how you can visualize different effects (wounds = blood, EMP granades = "pixellated" vision, poison = green, we saw it in TW3 as well but during combat it was very difficult to undesrtand geralt's health without looking at the life bar). The medallion on screen is huge and useless and it's impossible to notice things without witcher senses (FPP is hepling again here, but artists and level designers should learn from other games how to highlight things in a subtle way). An interactive menu system instead of the classic "pause button" would be nice. Augmented reality style, think metal gear solid V or dead space interaction with computers. A small detail (easy to make) that adds a lot of immersion.

More variety in missions. Demo was very nice, but I'd like to see a small number of quests (let's say 5/100) which are different in gameplay, even if that means scripted and/or highly cinematic. Something like running away from a collapsing building with some platforming between explosions or
the "hot air balloon" or "building an house" missions in RDR2. I know some may say those were boring and absolutely non interactive (and I might agree), but they put you in different situations from the normal missions, changing rhythm and giving devs the chance to show (again) their excellent directing skills (I'm not spoiling further, but who played the game knows what I'm talking about... that sky... that view...)
Hopefully boss fights will have some gimmicks (as shown in the demo) that will add variety to the game (I dream of a big robot boss fight like the one in ghost in the shell, I don't care if it's canon with CP2020 :p )

3, 7 and 9 were already top notch (in particular quest writing, best part of TW3, by far and the best seen in any action RPG (dying light 2 and chris avellone are coming, you should be scared! :p)). I couldn't care less about multiplayer. Give me good expansions and I'm happy.

Graphics, well, 5 years later we need some improvement, in particular when it comes to frame rate on consoles. Their hardware is not an excuse once you see RDR2 (yes, I liked that game). I know it's impossible to reach that quality due to rockstar's unlimited budget, but 30 stable fps are viable and a priority.

All of them.
1 & 7 probably the most important for me. I want to feel immersed! (of course, this also relates to improved graphics)

By far, the least that would concern me is multiplayer. My world, my mission, my game.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

5 and 6 are the necessity for me, with 3 and 7 being slightly less important. I'm not really concerned about the rest.

One of the reasons I continue to lobby for a greater variety of music is that Cyberpunk is a very different world than what we find in the Witcher series. Reflecting that cultural diversity was less relevant than it will be in 2077.

Also, while there is always room to improve, I'm more confident that CDPR has the other risk areas in hand.

For anyone interested in this topic, please see #27 and the link in my signature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom