Weekly Poll 3/30/20 - Vehicle Murdererousnessness

+

Well, in my drive-toy, I will

• Total voters

Only necessary and some scenic driving. It’s - hopefully - not going all GTA on me.

if there was a driving skill...might be a different story, trying to get that up to the snuff to ”become” a getaway driver eventually.

2, 3. I like to keep my stuff mostly in one piece. I'm also the only video game driver ever who obey's traffic laws unless there's a compelling reason not to. No need to give NCDP a reasonable articuable suspicion to stop the car.

2, 3. I like to keep my stuff mostly in one piece. I'm also the only video game driver ever who obey's traffic laws unless there's a compelling reason not to. No need to give NCDP a reasonable articuable suspicion to stop the car.

You're not! I love to obey the traffic laws when I can. Feels more real. Plus I drove a bus for years and every time I blow through a red or roll a stop the hackles on my neck go up.

Preferred is to do it in First person, but that FOV and shoulder check is just too difficult. For now. Time to get the head tracker for 2077.

#4 - I don't really expect the vehicle handling mechanics to be terribly good, I've yet to play a game where they were. BUT, I don't do driving/flight sims so there's probably a lot of games out there I've never tried. Usually the game mechanics make me feel like if I so much as twitch wrong I'm running off the road or they're so stiff I feel like I'm driving a tank. Maybe some ability to adjust the responsiveness of the games vehicle controls?

However ... I think a lot of people have visions of mounting gattling guns and rocket launchers on their vehicles.
I rather doubt this will be possible.
By "vehicle customization" I think CDPR mean pain job, rims, maybe engine and handling upgrades, not cannons.

Last edited:
7 and 9 for me

Also, I wish too that I can respect the traffic laws in normal times. I always tried to do that in games like GTA or Sleeping Dogs. Then I started getting bored of it mostly for two reasons : NPC drivers go slow but the cars you own as a player aren't designed for slow drive + the NPCs mostly act like you don't exist (bumping to your car for no reasons). Hope this won't apply into CP77 haha.

3, 4, 5, and 7, however I prefer to keep combat as rideless as possible. I do enjoy vehicular combat but if I don’t have to flee from the spot then I rather head towards the fight on foot. I tend to avoid combat when there are more interesting alternatives in a quest but if I need to get violent and the odds aren’t overwhelmingly against my favor the I go fully aggressive, even if I have to chase the foes to the deepest end of their ‘dungeon’, with or without my ride.

Also, I’ll gladly soil my wheels with some (non-innocent) blood and guts as long as it doesn’t leave me eddieless afterwards. No point in wrecking my ride over some shootout.

Last edited:
3, 6 and 7 for me. I also have my doubts that vehicular combat will be a thing. I mean we saw V leaning out and shooting but that's fairly limited. I'm just not sure CDPR want GTA levels of mayhem in this game.

2-8 also ''flee me'' , that was too funny lol

Ok so I did that in Saint Row games lol when I was bored . But I plan on using a Bike! unless they arent sexy. then I be walking. Also, unless I cant summon them or teleport..cose I have a tendancy to forget where I left the 'Mount' (No matter if that mount is a horse, car, bike, or a dino) .

'Flee meh!' lol gotta yell that at some point! :ROFLMAO:

7 and 9, but 9 only as in "I'm not planning to use a vehicle while in combat". If the driving really sucks then 9 will be accurate in general.

However ... I think a lot of people have visions of mounting gattling guns and rocket launchers on their vehicles.
I rather doubt this will be possible.

Depends how you look at it. I'd consider a vehicle without "weapons" to be a weapon. Because... it can be.

Ignoring the development requirements I'd say yes, vehicle combat should be a thing. Running things over, shooting from within a vehicle, maybe even attaching weaponry to it if funds are available. You could conceivably do all of these things in real life. The last one would probably be rare, and it would require the requisite expertise (techie, perhaps?), but would be doable.

On the other hand.... It's safe to say this type of thing wouldn't be the focus of the game. Plus, it requires precious resources to add it to the game. If it's not a thing so be it.

1, 8, 10

Cyberpunk cars and other vehicles have always fascinated me with their design, possible functionality (both inside and outside), the possibilities they may offer, ever since I've seen The Fifth Element, saw Cyberpunk E3 trailer, player Observer, seen some arts on the Internet, etc.

I hope that this part of the game is going to be really extensive and flexible as to player's style. Like number 10 - with ability to spend as much time in a vehicle as possible, be it a car, some kind of truck or motorcycle, only getting out when necessary; that'd go great with a street kid background, I think. Or, like, number 8 is going to feel pretty organic with entitled and sadistic corporate barely hesitating to run over a pedestrian in their way.

Not to mention that the game is going to be in California, a place that just pops associations with long distances and absolute necessity of owning a vehicle (I know it's not impossible to live there without one, just a little stereotype about the US in general), especially in the Night City!

2, 5, and, 7

While I will likely do a mostly stealth / diplomatic playthrough for my first run, I'll still likely wind up deciding that several individuals would be better, overall, at zero.

So, sneaky kill, then zoom-zoom before anyone realizes.

If that fails...well...I enjoyed the driving combat in Mad Max thoruoughly.

And needing to be careful and make repairs??? High skill-cap driving = wub! Dark Souls in a car would be pretty cool.

Other then the Trauma Team AV4 have you seen any armed vehicles in the background of the vids released so far for CP2077?

Nope. Vehicles with weapons on them are a thing in reality though. You won't see a normal person using them but nothing prevents attaching weaponry to a vehicle. One would think given the setting of CP certain people would consider it. Again, expertise, money and, depending on location, restrictions permitting. As mentioned, it's not like a vehicle needs anything added to it to be dangerous either. It's a relatively heavy object able to move at speed. <- weapon (a fact many drivers seem oblivious to....).

Again, hopefully we're not talking GTA level here. Slapping rocket launchers/machine guns on pimped out cars and driving around causing mayhem. The impression I got from CP2077 is you might pull this off for a short period before someone starts shooting back. Likely someone with bigger guns. It would be a really short adventure. It would probably yield the same results as roaming around running and gunning everyone and anyone in the middle of the street.

The thing is this is the type of the thing I envision when I think of a Techie. The character has the engineering knowledge to design, implement and use technology to solve tasks in front of them. Instead of sneaking around or shooting their way though them they build or manipulate fun toys and gadgets to do it for them. Weapons, vehicles, accessories, the environment, you name it. Unlike other specializations they don't need external help to do it. It's far more interesting then a glorified pet class.

The only real negative I see from it is the game has to account for it. What type of weapons can be slapped on vehicles, what needs done to do so, how can they be used, where can they be used, do the vehicle controls fit with the concept? Plus, I'd appreciate it if my RPG choices didn't consist of 14 different ways to kill, main or blow things up.

The only real negative I see from it is the game has to account for it. What type of weapons can be slapped on vehicles, what needs done to do so, how can they be used, where can they be used, do the vehicle controls fit with the concept?
Some pretty big issues.

If your game was say "Mad Max" then vehicle combat is a core game concept so devoting the time/effort needed to create and code resources for this sort of thing makes sense. For CP2077 I'm pretty sure vehicles are mostly just transportation. They can (fairly) easily allow you to use your hand weapons on other vehicles (as seen in the trailer) but all the stuff needed for "Mad Max" style vehicle combat is more time/effort then it's worth since vehicle combat is not a core game concept.

IMHO

Last edited:
Yep, pretty much. It's not a major focus of the game. This raises the question of whether it's worth it to fuss with it. If they do nothing for vehicle combat I wouldn't hold it against them.

Top Bottom