Weekly Poll 3/9/20 - Stealing!

+

I am gonna..

• Total voters
I don't think there will even necessarily be a theft system in the game (and certainly no pickpocketing mechanics) aside from an extremely rudimentary one like TW3, but if there is, #5. Depends on the character I'm playing and what sort of gear I think they need.

As a side note, I hope you can actually loot clothing/items off of bodies. Sorta like Kingdom Come Deliverance but not quite that detailed (I don't need to loot everything from their helmet to their underwear).

One thing I've always liked about ES games, despite their problems. If You See It, You Can Loot It. Very nice. No arbitrary restrictions. No "but that shirt is really cool! :( "

2 and 6 for me. As a general rule I don't like stealing, and I HATE when a main story quest requires me to steal. Other quests, too, when they're not something obviously connected to stealing like the Thieves Guild in Skyrim/Oblivion.

But I do sometimes play characters who do steal. Sometimes they only steal, sometimes they're all-around criminals -- and how much and what they steal also varies.

Caught somewhere between steal absolutely everything and use the inspect system to analyze it all or pawn it off for some sweet sweet Euro-guap, and only justifying stealing based on my character, my own personal moral choices.

8, 9, and 10. Even though in the majority of games that allowed me to be an opportunistic thief I surely took the chance every time (stealth-y mechanics are very engaging for me), I got bored of stealing non-exciting loot after a while mostly because I reached a point where I simply didn’t need to hoard that many herbs, potions, diaries, lockpicks, chips, etc. That doesn’t mean I won’t check every available drawer, terminal and locker in the game, though, after all Night City is my (very dangerous) playground :smart:

A pickpocketing skill would be nice. Like most unconfirmed features we’d like to see in the game, I don’t require it but I’d appreciate it if it was in the game. It doesn’t have to be something that demands too much of my time and attention, either a skill check or a simple minigame could do fine enough.

Last edited:
1 & 5

I'm a habitual packrat in games, being as I plan a streekid backstory I actually have a "reason" for it in CP2077!

6, 9. Depends on RP, but even if I wanna be the dirty thieving scoundrel, it'll only be for stuff that's worth while.

1, 9 & 10.
I wanna be a mercenary who makes extra money and gets extra information by stealing.
Actually, stealing can be a good way to solve problems without killing in games.

1, 6, 10.

Yes, stealing. Tempt me! And offer consequences

And oh yes... skills for it. Pickpocketing, sleight of hand... rng checks... the whole nine yards.

Last edited:
I voted for 4 ,5 and 7 .
I don`t steal much in games unless it`s RPing like Thieves Guild in TES . I am not going to miss out on some nice gear / gun and taking it off some dead body is " spoils of war ".

There should be consequences for being caught. Aside from that (and I don't believe V is gonna do pickpocket things) if this is in the game :

1) I don't picture myself stealing equipment that's already "equipped" (body armor, helmet). Nor any big sized item either (exception for visible weapons, like cops' guns on the belt holster for example).
2) What's left are small sized items, and they often come non-valuable (exception for small ammo, electronic chips, drugs and medicine, credit cards, I.D. cards, keys...). It really depends on how the devs give value to cheap items like cigs and candy bars. For example, some chads could look at you as a "cooler" person if you offer them a beer to drink at a meeting.
3) After all, perhaps we could just consider the valuable small-sized items as the ones you could steal (see the exception list in point #2), and that looks more like what I believe we are going to steal in the game.

9. If there are actually valuable things up for grabs. Trinkets, jewelry, accessories, consumables and of course some nice gear.

4. if (9) is not feasible.

Personally i'm hoping for a Skyrim/KC: Deliverance approach to stealing availability but i know the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

I don't steal in RPG!

It's a bad rumours! Only kleptomane do that! Whatcha looking at? Only time I went all hoarder was in fallout out games! And I didn't steal!! I just played the donkey for once! lol

But yeah. even if I play a rogue, I don't steal. Most games are generous when it come to loot and gold. So I get my money from the dead bodies.

The only game that made me steal, was assassin creed odyssey. My gosh! that game had chest and gold lying all arounddddddd......*ahem*....they didn't them!!!

Can one steal something that does not exist?

I don't know, I think she has one... Well, used to have...

iayk28gff6k31.jpeg

...until some ne'erdowell broke it and, thanks to them, we have the Stout we all know and (unexplicably and unilaterally) love :smart:

Top Bottom