Weekly Poll 4/15/20 - What are you gonna play it/own it on?

+

I'm planning to have Cyberpunk 2077 for:

• Total voters
CyberFirst™ (if you read that as 'CyberFist™', yeah that's what I deserve for that comment)

Anyhoo,

I really want to experience the game with ray tracing for all the pretty neon lights...

Atm, I pre-ordered on PC via GoG:
I'm 6. 2018 PC with a GTX 1080, hoping to upgrade to RTX2060 once the price drops after the 3000 series (10.) and I have the funds?
And I'm curious about the new gen console prices (4.). So it might be worth getting the next gen console if it costs the same as the 2060 now does... If that's the case then all I need is keyboard and mouse for the console and I'm ready for the Edge, Choombas!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that getting Cyberpunk 2077 for a next gen console will mean I would have to wait for CDPR to release it on the next gen, which wouldn't be for some time...
Hmmm, guess I will have to stick to PC then perhaps either fork out for an RTX or just play it without ray tracing...

Last edited:
#9 and #10 because more information = more better.

I currently have a X1X and PC but was planning to move away from Xbox entirely and more toward PC because of things like controller support on PC (I prefer some games with a controller), stuff like play anywhere and I believe the very limited number of exclusives aren't really exclusive anymore (can be run on PC). It certainly seems like Microsoft is moving away from console exclusives anyway. So if you have a PC it seems redudant/counter-productive.

5, I guess.

i5 3470 @ 3.20 GHz
Palit GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB VRAM
8 GB RAM

All of that works surprisingly well, actually, DOOM Eternal is as smooth as glass, can't say much about other titles - didn't care, didn't play.

Prey (2017) showed a few Fram drops here and there, but they were easy to ignore.

You guys think I should be worried? I know that lowering Cyberpunk 2077 settings would be enough to run it perfectly, but I wanna experience the game to its stunning fullest. I do hope that an upgrade isn't necessary (though welcome), but again, I haven't been playing much of new titles.

You guys think I should be worried?
I hope not. Given that the game has mostly been developed for the current console generation I'm guessing that, whilst there will probably be some super-duper-ultra-fancy-my-PC-just-burst-into-flames settings, we can expect it to run about as well as Witcher 3.

I suppose I’m in category 5 with my

core i7-6700K
GTX1070 8GB
16Gb 3,2ghz ddr4

And I ain't upgrading in at the very least 2 to 3 years.

Last edited:
I hope not. Given that the game has mostly been developed for the current console generation I'm guessing that, whilst there will probably be some super-duper-ultra-fancy-my-PC-just-burst-into-flames settings, we can expect it to run about as well as Witcher 3.
Welp, that's reassuring, thanks!

Sild

Ex-moderator
11. Waiting for the newest GPU series to come out before the game (maybe August?)

If that dosen't happen my GTX 1080 should still be enough for High settings at 1080p.

11. Waiting for the newest GPU series to come out before the game (maybe August?)

If that dosen't happen my GTX 1080 should still be enough for High settings at 1080p.

Well, if you're waiting for for the latest GPU to come out before release, then whatever that puts you in the tier when you play at.

I don't think anything coming out in August is likely to displace the tiers though. Maaaaybe on shelves by October.

5, I guess.

i5 3470 @ 3.20 GHz
Palit GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB VRAM
8 GB RAM

All of that works surprisingly well, actually, DOOM Eternal is as smooth as glass, can't say much about other titles - didn't care, didn't play.

Prey (2017) showed a few Fram drops here and there, but they were easy to ignore.

You guys think I should be worried? I know that lowering Cyberpunk 2077 settings would be enough to run it perfectly, but I wanna experience the game to its stunning fullest. I do hope that an upgrade isn't necessary (though welcome), but again, I haven't been playing much of new titles.

At least I would get 16GB RAM, 8 is really limiting today. And that CPU... We'll see. If I were you wait until game releases and then if needed, upgrade to DDR4 (new CPU, new MB, 16GB RAM)

I have an old PC that used to be good once upon a time (I7 5820K) and I intend to buy a RTX2060S before the game launches. Saving money for it now basically. Hoping it will be enough. I want to play CP2077 very much, but my financial situation has been dire for a long while. I have built my own PC for the past 15 years.

(The biggest hump psychologically will be upgrading to win10 which I absolutely loathe)

At least I would get 16GB RAM, 8 is really limiting today. And that CPU... We'll see. If I were you wait until game releases and then if needed, upgrade to DDR4 (new CPU, new MB, 16GB RAM)
The only reasonable or future-proof upgrades would require me to get a new motherboard as well, and I already know that I want my next upgrade to be smooth with VR as well (at least 80 Hz). But you're right, no need to bother buying or doing anything basically before the actual game drops.

Low-range PC - R 590 card
LOL not gonna run the game with my prestigious R 200 series card :ROFLMAO: I'll buy a new computer.

@Bloodartist I do use to hate changing to new OS, but Win10 in global is not bad (previous to that, I was on XP, Vista, then Win7). I don't have the knowledge of a technician to say it's without downsides or anything, though.

Well, if you're waiting for for the latest GPU to come out before release, then whatever that puts you in the tier when you play at.

I don't think anything coming out in August is likely to displace the tiers though. Maaaaybe on shelves by October.

Yea, which is why I didn't go for any of the options.

I hope I'll be a close to option 8 by the time the game releases but it could just end up being an option 6 instead, because i'm definitely playing this on release, one way or another.

Might revisit closer to R-day.

My current battlestation is gettin' long in the tooth, so I'm looking at a update sooner or later anyways. Might as well get a new setup for 2077. Waiting to see what 'Big Navi' looks like, though. So unless my geriatric potato can run 2077, I gotta wait for a while.

(The biggest hump psychologically will be upgrading to win10 which I absolutely loathe)

I totally agree, as I changed my OS to W10 because of C2077 (juste before report...) and it's as bad as I though it would be.
I actually have/had problems with it just as much as I though I would.

@Bloodartist I do use to hate changing to new OS, but Win10 in global is not bad (previous to that, I was on XP, Vista, then Win7). I don't have the knowledge of a technician to say it's without downsides or anything, though.

Yeah. I got myself a laptop with win 10 cause I thought I would use it to get used to win10 before I updated my main PC.

During this time it has, among other things:
- Been incompatible with the BIOS that that not-old-at-all laptop has, meaning it cannot install at least half of the win10 updates its supposed to, yet it refuses to stop trying
- Randomly changed the language and keyboard of the OS into EN-US from my scandinavic one, without asking or notifying me at all, causing me to spend one morning in my stupor wondering why the **** is it not accepting my password
- Repeatedly and randomly cause 100% harddrive usage bug, which completely halts the computer and renders it basically unusable

Despite me not using the laptop for basically anything at all except watching streams from my sofa, the problems have been constant and repetitive. Oh, and lets not forget it completely ignoring all settings about when it should install updates (since I can no longer deny or effectively delay their installation). I came home from my work thinking, "Ok I relax on the sofa and watch a stream." Win10 decides to start installing updates. "I GUESS I AM NOT WATCHING STREAMS THEN ****!"

Win10 is windows 95 levels of half-assed garbage. And trust me, I know, cause I lived through that period. Not to mention the lesser evils such as PUTTING DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ADS IN THE GODDAMN WINDOWS UI

Win10 is windows 95 levels of half-assed garbage. And trust me, I know, cause I lived through that period. Not to mention the lesser evils such as PUTTING DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER ADS IN THE GODDAMN WINDOWS UI

Gpedit (group policy editor) is your friend :). Between it, the registry and services you can usually put most undesirable behavior in it's place on Win 10.

Top Bottom