Weekly Poll 4/20/20 - BUFFS. Improvements. Bonuses!

+

In-game "buffs" I hope to gleefully use are:

• Total voters
What are they? I don't see other way to address buffing problems when char list elevates stats up to 8-10 per during combat or other scenarios where these stats matter.

I mean, they can only balance so much. It's an RPG. People gonna exploit like mad.

Personally, as long as they’re decently balanced (not asking for something very robust in a game this complex contentwise) I don’t see an issue with stat boosts, be them permanent or temporary. Permanent ones aren’t probably that numerous and/or easy to come by anyway, after all V probably can’t take that much cyberware (a max. of, say, 8 implants at a time) or software. And temporary ones, like drugs, chips, and gear, shouldn’t be too stackable. For instance, there should be a limit of how many whiffs of a particular booster V can inhale, ideally no more that one per attribute or perk.

Same reason people -hate- stunlocks in games, where you lose control of your character while an NPC kills you.

In my case, that’s an issue that bothers me only if the NPCs are prone to abuse said stunlocks. Aggressive AI is fine as long as it doesn’t feel like the computer is cheating.

Oh and Frenzy in BL was short duration. Cyberpsychosis is typically permanent - and ends with death.

That's just a reload, so why put it in? Same reason BL didn't let you go to 0 Humanity. Because it's game over.

Great point. Still, even if the game would’ve turned into an even more complex thing it would’ve been cool if getting to the pre-cyberpsychosis threshold (before the irreversible state) were possible, if only for the semi-novelty of the experience.

Great point. Still, even if the game would’ve turned into an even more complex thing it would’ve been cool if getting to the pre-cyberpsychosis threshold (before the irreversible state) were possible, if only for the semi-novelty of the experience.

Yeah I'm not really arguing against Humanity in (both) games, I just see why they got rid of it.

Me, being a cruel Ref, would have for sure put it in there - and included the random factor that you roll -after- install. Not before!
Wheee! Raging player character kills Vic, kills Misty, kills Jackie (again)....whoops, reload! Now..do you want to try again?

Which of course, they would, save-scumming until they got the right roll.

Taking Humanity out will necessitate other balancing choices - I believe they are using a limited-amount of cyberware to force players what to take and what to give up.
My understanding as well.
You can have either X or Y not both.

In my case, that’s an issue that bothers me only if the NPCs are prone to abuse said stunlocks. Aggressive AI is fine as long as it doesn’t feel like the computer is cheating.

In all the cases where I have felt the game abused stunlocks, the game involved large numbers (5+) of NPCs which all had stun ability. One NPC that has a stun is no big deal, if you get attacked by six that all stun you in sequence then its a problem. Its not really an issue with AI as far as I can see. Usually 3 enemies at same time is the practical limit (for some reason).

Top Bottom