Weekly Poll 4/27/20 - Weakening effects, aka NERFS.

+

In 2077, I'd like to see these negative effects:

• Total voters
Can't believe I had to think about what I had planned for this week. Pretttttty obvious, Sard, duh.

Anyway. Nerfs! Or Debuffs, but Nerf sounds cooler.

Opposite to Buffs. Called nerfs because they make things weaker! Like the guns that don't hurt you ( but are fun!).

Also snares, mezzes, roots, stuns, all that assorted goodness. Ways to slow people, hypnotize them, freeze them, etc.

Most games have a recoil effect when you get hit and of course assorted stun/snare effects on NPCs. What would we like to see in 2077? Should it affect you?

Other polls here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

I would like to see this equally affect us and the NPC's to add a layer of depth to the combat so I picked them all :) It would keep you on your toes not only for enemies but all the potential environmental hazards as well, and give us the player many options in our arsenal.

And speaking of these, this makes me wonder how the 'fumble table' will be incorporated :) (Hoping there is one)

2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 -- but I'll only clarify why I didn't pick the other four as it's more logical in this case.

Makes no sense if only NPCs are affected.

Fear is annoying with NPCs.
And for the PC it wouldn't really make sense to have "rules" for when V feels fear. It varies from person to person, and in terms of roleplaying it would take away from that. What if I want to play as a V who is very easily scared, or the opposite? The game forcing a fear effect would effectively ruin that. So, no thanks on that.

Shock is similar to fear when it comes to the PC.

I loathe gear damage. Yeah, it's realistic and immersive and whatever, but I simply don't like it. I tolerate it when it's a built-in part of the game (e.g. Witcher 3) but I would never want it.

Just 10.

Debuff in a game that let me do all the work would be like getting all the negatives without the positives.

It should be "debuff".
"Nerf" is always something the developer does to their own game. These two things have nothing to do with one another. During the 30ish years of my involvement with video games, this is the first time someone called debuff a "nerf". You couldve also called these 'conditions'.

Couple things:
- There needs to be a way to put fire out if you catch fire yourself. For example, in AC:Odyssey I can roll on the ground to put fire out.
- I totally DON'T want screen blur and shake to accompany EVERY case of taking damage. Only the most grievous type of damage, when you are really taking a beating.
- I don't want there to be a fear mechanic for V, since it creates a disconnect between the player and the character. Player decides V's actions regardless

2, 3, 4, 6, 8 ... fair is fair. Gear damage also probably. I like it just fine.

Gear damage? Like gear durability? Uuuuhh people don't like that.
I am still haunted by having to constantly repair gear from fallout...And still missing it,

Gear repair should be restricted to games where loot is actually that abundunt that you can scrap the junk and fix the better stuff without having a care in the world cause it's just another way to clear the inventory of junk items.

Not really the topic, but do someone have the titre or a link to the "what we know for now" topic where most info may be found?

Not really the topic, but do someone have the titre or a link to the "what we know for now" topic where most info may be found?

Everything affecting both player and NPCs because it's not the subject of budget spent on flashy effects or Keanu Reeves reshoots. But gives so much flavour to lethal stealth and action gameplay.
It's a question of AI tweaking (which will be tweaked by modders eventually, hello Witcher 3 modding community, your mods are awesome), simple post-processing effects and applied stat-reducing effects, simple scripting.
As of gear damage and stunning animations with location damage, c'mon, every modern game should have this now since Deus Ex (2000).

P.S.
RIP Jackie, I only knew you for like 20 minutes.

voted 1. Had enough of being set on fire in Assassin Creedy Odyssey, just cose you got too close to some fire.

And I really REALLY hate option (3), because it remind me of that damn flashbang grenade back in ME2. Omg, my eyes! every single time, it's used against you....fine. Take damage, I don't care. But the effect of blurring, blinding, flashing, shaking the screen? No thanx. Big No Thanx. Leave that shit to VR peeps.

Outside of "bosses" and/or really cybered up characters, the combat should be brutal on both sides. As close to the FNFF/TNTT style as workable in a video game.

PS. Jackie lives!

I understand why gear durability is in game. I hates it anyway. Soooooo much. You want to break my stuff? Then have it be from a specific instance, not general wear and tear. Ugh.

Also hate movement slowing effects and conditions. So...frus..trat....ing..........aaarghh!

DOS2s way of doing it is kinda okay. Like general use wont do it, but if you strike a solid wood gate with it 20 times, adios sword.

Exactly. Also if you get a misfire badly enough (critical fail, but I doubt the system is going to be that granular) or if you get hit hard enough, your armour would splat, some of your gear, etc. Fall into hazards, same thing.

Reasonable, you know. Not, "I used my gun/knife/bat 20 times and it broke." Ridiculous. Stop buying balsa wood weapons!

I understand why gear durability is in game. I hates it anyway. Soooooo much. You want to break my stuff? Then have it be from a specific instance, not general wear and tear. Ugh.

Also hate movement slowing effects and conditions. So...frus..trat....ing..........aaarghh!
Yeah.
According to most games the "wear-n-tear" from the annual rifle qualification in the USMC would require a rebuild, if not replacement, of every weapon. And the fact that we (generally) don't clean our weapon between the pre-qual and qualification firing (i.e. the next day) so as not to change anything for the following day would mean our weapons would jam every other shot.

I don't have a problem with durability, I have a MAJOR problem with how it's implemented in most games.
Like so many other things the game "7.62 High Caliber" got it pretty much right, but that's a RARE exception.

Top Bottom