Weekly Poll 4/30/2019 - Trauma Team

+

What do you want from Trauma Team International?

• Total voters
They swoop in, kill everyone hostile in sight, rescue their client and bug out to the nearest medical facility before we can even ask for a lift. But what do we want from the beloved Trauma Team International?

@Rawls pls, the numbers, i cant function without the numbers my brain hurts i need the numbers rawls

3, 5, 7, 10 for me. 1 would be OK too. I'd like to be able to hire them, but I'm not sure how that would work in practice. It could tie into the reload system, but then, what happens if you don't pay? I doubt CDPR is going to want to go the Kingdom Come route and block saves unless you have TT on retainer.

Hmm.. So many considerations, I can see why CDPR hasn't said you'll be able to do it.

I was thinking maybe they could swoop in, revive you on the spot, and leave, but that's not really lore-friendly and what if you died in a combat area? Do all the enemies disappear? Do they get killed by TT? If the latter, do you get XP for it?

Last edited:
pls, the numbers, i cant function without the numbers my brian hurts i need the numbers rawls
My bad.

2 & 4 & 9.

If they exist in the game certain high profile NPCs should have TT coverage. If you want someone dead you need to put a couple in their head before TT shows up.

In CP2020 TT requires an ongoing premium for them to monitor your biosigns. Then whatever it costs to transport you and put you back together when you do get your ass shot off.

It ain't cheap ... but sure beats dead.

And if TT is out there once or twice during the game they should show up as a "random encounter". ONCE or TWICE, not multiple times.

lelxrv

Forum veteran
Pretty sure it's gonna be only story related. Or in very limited occasions. I want it to be versatile and working any time I or someone else is badly hurt or in danger, but mechanics wise I struggle to imagine how to implement that in a sand box manner. Too many variables... From interrupting quests to fitting them in environments and dealing with NPCs. Pure concentrated nightmare from game design standpoint.

There's probably a way to make it work as setting up "evacuation points". Like you're killed, but then wake up on the "closest" spot to your death with trauma treating you. But then again, integrating it into quests is still pain.

There's probably a way to make it work as setting up "evacuation points". Like you're killed, but then wake up on the "closest" spot to your death with trauma treating you. But then again, integrating it into quests is still pain.
Yeah I agree. I'm not sure how well it would work in integrating into quests. Probably the best way is that you "failed" the quest, and can't restart it again ... but that might get tricky in the main quest?

For me 1, 5 and 9 . I am surprised how many votes 2 got , if TT is as bad assed as they say they will get in the way of V completing missions.

2, 5 and 9.
TT should appear whenever one of their client is injured (story mission, random encounter or even during free roam). Sometimes you're on the same side, sometimes you're not.
P.S. My 20+ years experience in gaming tells me the answer for 8: invisible wall and probably you can't even shoot at them. Best case scenario is that they start shooting and "game over" appears on screen.

1, 6, and 9.

(I must sound like a broken record...BUT...:p...) I think it would be easy to over-use them and make them mundane instead of extremely scary and ecxciting. Therefore, I'd mostly want them to be in a handful of critical, story-based missions. And I would love getting into a situation where my character winds up at odds with them.

I also think it might be neat if they were one of the possible end-of-the-line situations if I'm doing "things" in the open world. Kind of like maxing out your wanted level in GTA. Go far enough, and TT might arrive, or militech agents from a mega-corp, or Max-Tac. Basically, it ensures the player knows...that was too far.

Also, I hope that CDPR incorporates a sort of "siren" for Trauma Team. Nothing like a modern ambulance. Something like a few blasts of noise out of nowhere that will make players jump out of their damn skin. Coupled with strongly amplified warnings to clear the area and some warning fire as the aerodyne screams in for a landing. Total shock-and-awe.

Last edited:
Also, I hope that CDPR incorporates a sort of "siren" for Trauma Team. Nothing like a modern ambulance. Something like a few blasts of noise out of nowhere that will make players jump out of their damn skin. Coupled with strongly amplified warnings to clear the area and some warning fire as the aerodyne screams in for a landing. Total shock-and-awe.
Send your CV to CDPR ASAP. :ok:

Sigi has great ideas for RPGs, but unfortunately, he does not seem interested enough in game design to ever turn them into a reality. I remember once upon a time, he came up with this awesome idea for true to-scale medieval cities (complete with tons of NPCs) in Bethesda-like RPGs. Enter them, rob them, still pickpocket people and such... Accounted for performance and practicality concerns. Remember that discussion, @SigilFey? I doubt I'd be able to find it again, too long ago.

Of course, I know you were being playful. But I wish he would. :ok:

Sigi has great ideas for RPGs, but unfortunately, he does not seem interested enough in game design to ever turn them into a reality. I remember once upon a time, he came up with this awesome idea for true to-scale medieval cities (complete with tons of NPCs) in Bethesda-like RPGs. Enter them, rob them, still pickpocket people and such... Accounted for performance and practicality concerns. Remember that discussion, @SigilFey? I doubt I'd be able to find it again, too long ago.

Of course, I know you were being playful. But I wish he would. :ok:

Appreciations! (And who says I don't have the interest...or that I haven't already turned them into a reality? :))

But, as I've also mentioned a few times before -- absolutely brilliant ideas are a dime-a-dozen in creative work. If we talked to any 20 CDPR devs or designers, I'm sure most of them would have fantastic ideas for game concepts or features. It's not really finding great ideas; it's deciding which ones can actually be done and will work the best.

A few thoughts:

If you vote for 2 that will likely include some scenarios you would get with 6.

If memory serves, the 2018 gameplay trailer alluded to tiered levels of TT service ("Platinum", was it?) I'm not sure exactly how that would work in 2077. Do they let you bleed out if you only have "Bronze" coverage and are in the Combat Zone? It raises some questions that would have to be answered. I hope CDPR can find those answers though, as I would hope TT would be a player option (even if pricey.) A subscription model (4) seems more lore friendly than a one time fee (3).

I don't think 7 is even an option if I've understood @Lilayah correctly. We can't join factions (NCPD, etc), gangs, corps, etc as far as I know. But as Edgerunners we *might* end up being to take contract work with/for any of the above if supported in the design. That's something I'd love to see from a player agency standpoint, but it's a lot of work.

A few thoughts:

If you vote for 2 that will likely include some scenarios you would get with 6.

If memory serves, the 2018 gameplay trailer alluded to tiered levels of TT service ("Platinum", was it?) I'm not sure exactly how that would work in 2077. Do they let you bleed out if you only have "Bronze" coverage and are in the Combat Zone? It raises some questions that would have to be answered. I hope CDPR can find those answers though, as I would hope TT would be a player option (even if pricey.) A subscription model (4) seems more lore friendly than a one time fee (3).

I don't think 7 is even an option if I've understood @Lilayah correctly. We can't join factions (NCPD, etc), gangs, corps, etc as far as I know. But as Edgerunners we *might* end up being to take contract work with/for any of the above if supported in the design. That's something I'd love to see from a player agency standpoint, but it's a lot of work.
How would you suggest Trauma Team works in game as an option for the player?

How would you suggest Trauma Team works in game as an option for the player?

I'm not a designer (I was an AP before becoming disabled) so it's unlikely anything I would come up with will be better than CDPR themselves. That said, from a high level I can imagine what I'd ideally like as a player.

First would be TT that is consistent with Pondsmith's vision. Heavy hitters that you DON'T want to scrap with. They behave like Trauma Team according to the internal logic of the world. Anybody with the Eddies can secure their services. That means that there are consequences to your actions. CDPR themselves have indicated that thinking before you start shooting is a good idea in 2077. How TT behaves should dovetail with that.
  • Maybe you get TBug to clone the "all good" signal from your mark to TT before you act.
  • Maybe you seduce your target and have a limited window to replace the shard that controls their bio-monitor.
  • Maybe you leave some Dorpher holding the bag for your dirty deed before TT shows up.
  • Maybe you target that Corpo's fragile ego, and get them to jump in the Razor Ball ring with some Blood Razors... then watch the show.
  • Or maybe you know you've got 90 seconds to find out how fast your ride really is after you take their head clean off.
The options are only limited by the designers.

Following on from there, I would like to see TT's services available to the player. We know nothing about how the health system works in 2077, but it's unlikely that it's as deadly as 2020. Perhaps your tier of coverage will determine both the extent to which they will put themselves at risk to extract you, and how far "gone" you can be / how fast they get to you.
  • At NO coverage, it's you, your wits, your cyberware and your Chombattas. Call a Red Cabb, and don't be stupid next time... if there IS a next time.
  • At Bronze (Low Risk), TT won't extract you, but they will send a 2-3 person element (all numbers just hypothetical examples) to try to secure the area and patch you up before you go down (make a habit of it and the price goes up). Basically armed backup with some med kits. They'll get there in 15 or so (in game minutes). Hope you are good at keeping your head down. Don't like those odds? Upgrade.
  • At Silver (Medium Risk), a 4-5 person element will extract you from Heywood and the Corporate Zone with a response time of 10 (in game) minutes. You're unconscious, but NCPD is more common in those zones and likely returning fire, trying to secure the area. You are bleeding out, but slowly, and your assailants aren't in a position to come finish you off. TT will probably get to you in time... probably.
  • At Gold (High Risk) a 6-8 person element (including at least one big ass Briareos-looking combat monster, full borg) will extract you from any zone in the city including the combat zone. They'll be onsite in 2+ packed AVs in under 3 minutes and hell will be coming with them. Missing all your limbs, guts, genitals and half your head? Not a problem.
  • At Platinum (Unlimited Risk) you are to be retrieved no matter what. Tech and Cyberware no one outside TT even knows exists will arrive (in whatever the closest thing 2077 has to full combat gunships -- think ELYSIUM) in 90 seconds or less... You'll be extracted from Saburo Arasaka's personal panic room if it comes to that. They'll scoop what's left of you off the floor with a mop and bucket and reconstitute you from the nanoscale up. Sounds GREAT, right? Well congratulations. You are now the property of Trauma Team International until you work off your indentured servitude (quests). Read the fine print next time. (This doesn't neccesarily violate Player Agency as long as consequences are sufficiently available to inform their decision on some level. It could possibly be described as some kind of Faustian bargain. "You want the BEST, you sell your soul to TT." etc)

A question that would need answering:

What happens when two (or more) individuals with equivalent TT coverage levels engage each other in combat? My initial thought would probably be that a contract clause triggers that exempts TT from interfering (Robocop PRIME DIRECTIVE style UI "TT Contract Violation Risk" WARNING whenever reticule pointed at target?), though I'm sure CDPR could design a more elegant solution.

Last edited:
Top Bottom