Weekly Poll 4/30/2019 - Trauma Team

+

What do you want from Trauma Team International?

• Total voters
A question that would need answering:

What happens when two (or more) individuals with equivalent TT coverage levels engage each other in combat? My initial thought would probably be that a contract clause triggers that exempts TT from interfering (Robocop PRIME DIRECTIVE style UI "TT Contract Violation Risk" WARNING whenever reticule pointed at target?), though I'm sure CDPR could design a more elegant solution.
All indications are TT's management and more importantly operations staff are competent and professional. So two teams called to the same location would probably be informed of the others presence. Besides which their AVs are distinctive and have company colors and logos, so teams wouldn't fire on each other.

Only a fool would assume a Team just hoses down everything in sight.
Good way to kill your client.

All indications are TT's management and more importantly operations staff are competent and professional. So two teams called to the same location would probably be informed of the others presence. Besides which their AVs are distinctive and have company colors and logos, so teams wouldn't fire on each other.

Only a fool would assume a Team just hoses down everything in sight.
Good way to kill your client.

And that makes sense within the lore. But it's still a question CDPR would have to consider internally when designing. They could choose to handle it any number of ways. I definitely agree with you that TT should not be firing on each other.

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
I don't think 7 is even an option if I've understood @Lilayah correctly. We can't join factions (NCPD, etc), gangs, corps, etc as far as I know. But as Edgerunners we *might* end up being to take contract work with/for any of the above if supported in the design. That's something I'd love to see from a player agency standpoint, but it's a lot of work.

That is correct: you cannot join TT.

I bet this is how they built their death-system. It opens up nice gameplay option. If you fall into coma, they come to help you.

"A franchise of paramedics operating in the U.S., Canada, and parts of Europe. Trauma teams can be summoned by dialing 911 on any phone, and can trace a call to its source. The client is billed from the moment you call until delivery to the hospital.

A trauma team client may also opt to carry a deadman transmitter, which will activate and automatically signal a Trauma Team the moment the client's brainwave pattern falls into a coma state.

The Trauma Team is composed of paramedics expertly trained in combat, who will go to any length to deliver their clients from harm. Those wealthy enough to afford a Trauma Team medical plan receive a card and biochip implant."

Cool stuff: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Trauma_Team_International

I was just thinking recently that it would be a really neat mechanic to see TT out in the field as well as have them as an available service to purchase/get as a reward for having a high relationship with certain factions (corporations, probably).

During my shower thoughts I imagined it would be pretty cool if TT showed up suddenly during a rampage in the Corpo Zone in the Center of Night City. Not only do you have Corp Cops and Real Cops to deal with, but you might put a bullet in the wrong NPC and get an angry Trauma Team squad in the mix too! Otherwise it would be neat to randomly come across extractions every so often, not unlike coming across an ambulance at a call in real life. With the level of violence in Night City, I'm sure its not too strange an occurrence :p

I was just thinking recently that it would be a really neat mechanic to see TT out in the field as well as have them as an available service to purchase/get as a reward for having a high relationship with certain factions (corporations, probably).

During my shower thoughts I imagined it would be pretty cool if TT showed up suddenly during a rampage in the Corpo Zone in the Center of Night City. Not only do you have Corp Cops and Real Cops to deal with, but you might put a bullet in the wrong NPC and get an angry Trauma Team squad in the mix too! Otherwise it would be neat to randomly come across extractions every so often, not unlike coming across an ambulance at a call in real life. With the level of violence in Night City, I'm sure its not too strange an occurrence :p

Based on what we've seen of the world "business" going on as background, I think this is exactly the type of thing that would happen. Not sure if the player will get to use them...but it would truly seem like a totally missed opportunity if we didn't have that option.

I'm hoping that there are some interesting solutions for "dying" in the game...rather than just a reload screen.

Based on what we've seen of the world "business" going on as background, I think this is exactly the type of thing that would happen. Not sure if the player will get to use them...but it would truly seem like a totally missed opportunity if we didn't have that option.

I'm hoping that there are some interesting solutions for "dying" in the game...rather than just a reload screen.
Absolutely. I'd understand if we couldn't use TT ourselves, but I'd love it if we could. Same goes for finding them in the field which I think is a more realistic prospect. I love the idea that someone might turn a corner and find some thugs stabbed the wrong guy in a mugging and TT show up, or similar sorts of ambient events. Or the fact that random appropriate NPCs might have TT cover. Could make missions or just shootings in the open harder. Like CDPR keep saying, you have to think about your actions. Maybe certain cyberwear might even alert us as to who has a TT account/deadmans switch. The last thing you want is to put a bullet in a corpo exec on his way home from work and have TT intereupt your shootout!

Those polls are becoming more and more like dreams & wishful thinking in comparison to stuff that could happend

Those polls are becoming more and more like dreams & wishful thinking in comparison to stuff that could happend

That's part and parcel when moving from the conceptual stage to the production stage of any creative project. Obviously, not everything that people dream up can be included in a final product.

Things like the polls are mostly to generate interest and get a feel for things that lots of people are interested in (or things they're not interested in). Often enough, the devs comb through some of the feedback and will make decisions or get new ideas about how to flesh out an existing system or approach a new system in a clever, new way.

In the end, whether people appreciate the results is always subjective. And there will always be a range of those that love it, those that hate it, and those that couldn't care less one way or the other.

If one were to hire the Trauma team I would expect to have to pay them regularly if this were real, but being a game it would be much less of a hassle to pay them once. I would expect them to swoop in once and then need to be paid again for their services if you want them to come again. This would simulate the regular payments they'd expect without the hassle.
Post automatically merged:

As for joining the trauma team. I'd say that would either be some nice DLC for a lifepath (leaning into medtech) or even a standalone doctor game.

Top Bottom