Weekly Poll - 5/6/2019 - Using Cyberware

+

What kind of Cyberware are you most interested in using?

• Total voters
So Cyberware. It's a ubiquitous part of the world in Night City. In Cyberpunk 2020 there are literally hundreds of various Cyberware implants, tools, weapons, and etc.

So the question becomes ... what do you most want to have access to as far as Cyberware is concerned? Certain gear will be more helpful to certain character builds ... but based on what we know, we will be able to mix and match role skills for the most part.

So what's your cup of tea choomba? Becoming the ultimate fighting machine? Scoping out the scene from a distance and learning all you need to know? Picking up on when someone is lying to you? Using your cyberdeck to run the net? Or something totally different ...

Limited to 3 choices again, so choose wisely. Did I mention that BigRipps are an option?

2, 7 and 9. Scanner seems eminently useful, otherwise it's all about those aesthetics.

There's been no hint of it from CDPR as far as I know, but, I'm interested to see if there might be Full Body Conversion options, and what those options are given that half a century has gone by, and it'd be plausible that some advancements have been made.

There's some neat stuff on THIS LIST, for the Cyberpunk universe, but, most of what's listed comes from fan-fiction.

Whether or not that element of the Cyberpunk universe is offered as playable in CP 2077, I'll likely play a sneaky character.
I'm rather fond of the play style where one avoids enemies and conflict in taking advantage of more finesse options, and the details involving stealth play we we've been shown, like hacking enemies, and doing the Spiderman on walls, as well as using hacking and/or technical skills to find alternative routes and areas to explore looks promising.
The mechanic where we can pick up and move bodies is something to be happy about too for stealth. Stealth kind of sucks of you can't hide the odd knocked-out goon.

There's some problems, however, I see with how cyberware in enemies gets implemented.

1. The Maelstrom gang members basically have a Hubble space telescope on their faces. They should be able to see you through walls, underground, from space ... or something. Enemy behavior with certain mods should reflect that, and, hopefully we'll have the option for camouflage gear to counteract it.

2. If enemies are networked, where you can use one to hack others, how aware are enemies of their networked partners, and shouldn't they realize when one of the nodes on their private network starts sending "down" replies to a basic automatic networking up/down query? That's like computer networking 101, at least on business networks where one needs to know what business critical machines are up or down. It'd be important for networked gangs as a matter of Operational Security. It's a constant "radio check", check-in.
That, of course, is probably me way over-thinking things with what I know about information systems in the real world, but, if network awareness was a thing, that could present a challenge to stealth play, but, it's easily remedied if there's an option to fake a knocked-out/dead enemy's network presence ... to various success and failure/consequence of course.

everything is fine solo.gif

... but, yeah, I'd like to see a range of Full Body Conversion options that allow for and accommodate different play styles, plus options that suit and play to stealth game play, and, I'd like the enemy to act like they're using the cyberware they're suppose to have.
If they're suppose to be able to see things, then, they better be able to see things. If they're suppose to be able to jump with bouncey legs, then, they better.
Anything your character can do with cyberware, the enemy should also be able to do with the same, or better cyberware.

I voted 3, 7, 10
:)

Last edited:
Yeah. Full Body Conversions should definitely be a thing. The girl from the trailer and some half of the Maelstrom gang seemed to be fully converted, so I guess that may be an option. I dont care for most FBC that are in the sourcebooks, because they, with the sole exception of the Gemini and Alpha, range from very stupid to beyond stupid, but GitS inspired would be nice.

Yeah I kind of tried to incorporate it into Cyberlimbs, because I had so many things to include.

P.S. I voted for 4, 7, & 8. If I can only choose three I'll go with the ones that'll help me avoid combat.

Oh yes full borg conversations pls - let me work a major portion of the game to become the machine. GIMME GIMME GIMME.

If i where to choose from all cyborg options including the list kindly provided from out own Marquis_deShade id be in that order:

1. Black Raven
2. Versace Angel
3. TripleCo Ego
4. Standart Gemini

With all the outlandisch upgrades i can get without sacrificing my ability to be socialy acceptet and able to blend in easly. (extendet lifespan, spaceworthyness, em-shielding, all the senory upgrades possible, all the social enhancer possible & maybe one or two weapons, ah this gonna be great. make it all orbital grade - i do not care if i have to play the damm thing 3 times to get enough money to buy it - i want the option to persue it ;D )

I really like these weekly pools - i believe they provide useful data for cdpr and a few of them where surprising for me, like only 11% wanna have cyberweapons?
also: 6, 7 & 8 and in that order :)

Last edited:
3, 8, and 9. Fashion, subterfuge, perception... All the tools needed to bypass enemies in one way or another.

P.S. I voted for 4, 7, & 8. If I can only choose three I'll go with the ones that'll help me avoid combat.
A man after my own heart! Anti-combat squad unite.

Although, I plan to enjoy shooting a few folks from time to time as well. Or maybe smack 'em with a Cyberbat. Haven't decided.

2, 4, and 7.

A light Skinweave is a nice addition under an armored jacket and even more useful when, for whatever reason, you don't have the jacket.

I currently plan to be 50% Netrunner. 25% Techie, 25% Solo.

Sensors (night vision etc.) is ALWAYS useful, as is a HUD. But ONLY one eye, the other is meat in case of EMP.

Sensors (night vision etc.) is ALWAYS useful, as is a HUD. But ONLY one eye, the other is meat in case of EMP.
This is good thinking. Didn't even consider the fact that an EMP could completely screw you over if you were fully-borged up.

Didn't even consider the fact that an EMP could completely screw you over if you were fully-borged up.
Lots of people don't. Always fun as a GM to "point out" the error in their thinking :eek::sad::rolleyes::cry:
Same problem with full borg conversions or even cyberlimbs.

Being something of a technonerd I tend to annoy players that don't consider both the benefits AND limitations of what they do.

Lots of people don't. Always fun as a GM to "point out" the error in their thinking :eek::sad::rolleyes::cry:

Same problem with full borg conversions or even cyberlimbs.
Yeah, it's a wonder cyberpunk video games like the Shadowrun series (which seemingly resembles its tabletop counterpart quite closely) don't punish the player more for going that route.

So if you have, say, two fully-converted cyberlegs, can an EMP completely take out your ability to walk? How long does it last, typically?

Very curious if this will be implemented in the game.

-I say it in most threads, but I need Fashionpunk to be a thing. Really hoping stats won't decide what we wear.

-Social cues could add a unique and interesting layer to dialogue/interactions.

-And I was pretty neutral on the third selection, so any crafting/weapon options are fine with me.

Most of the concept of Cyberpunk is to choose parts that help to "save yourself". One of the key distinctions, that not many people think about, is that it is a good idea to hold on to as much humanity as possible because it is so easy to get it all. Buuut technology says you can be Motoko from Gits if you have the eddies. It also says you will be bluescreen pile of noodles after EMP and don't go "buckwild", otherwise your cyberpsycho. Everyone wants all the shiny things, but not many people think of subtle cyberwares. I'm thinking that using the least amount of wares may get you the furthest in the game. Like true beauty is in the balance of what wares you use, the combinations, and the style at which a player uniquely chooses to use them.

Think about the Maelstrom. Nothing subtle there. They can't go many places without everyone knowing exactly what they have on their faces. If you know where something comes from(maybe by corp), you know the strengths and weaknesses of that product.
As opposed to the very first trailer, where the character with the mantis blades and diamond skin is probably much more lethal. It's all hidden in plain sight and under a skimpy dress. She is hiding her kill count behind her attractiveness. Annd gets a spot on Max Tac...Those in the street didn't see anything coming.

I'm all for the anti-combat squad as well, it's one of the biggest draws of the game in my opinion for people like us.
To be able to be 100% lethal and have no one be able to tell is most impressive.

So if you have, say, two fully-converted cyberlegs, can an EMP completely take out your ability to walk?
Sure will.

How long does it last, typically?
Depends.
If the electronics are "hardened" then all that should (SHOULD) happen is a bunch of circuit breakers need to be reset AND some functions need to be re-routed to back-up circuits that were not powered when the EMP hit (those that were are fried, you need replacements).

If they're not "hardened" ... well ... guess you need someone to drag you to the nearest RipperDoc or CyberTech.

This is one area where good old fashion vacuum tubes have transistors and especially microcircuits beat all to hell, they're basically immune to EMP.

Very curious if this will be implemented in the game.
Highly doubtful.
It's to "unfun" to be confronted with reality when playing a game.

I'd guess (GUESS) they'll just have your gear quit functioning for a round or two (no more) then automatically reset.

Last edited:
A man after my own heart! Anti-combat squad unite.

Anti-Murder hobo squad... ACTIVATE!

I chose 8, 9 and 10 as those are the kinds of things that set Cyberpunk apart from "Generic Sci-Fi game".

How you present yourself to the world is a cornerstone of Mike's vision, and having control of that is power. So there is the outward facing part of that (9) but also the means to see past it in others (8). Beyond conversational subterfuge, this should (ideally) add a layer of gameplay depth to the character customization and street cred systems. New ways to interact with and influence both. "Style over substance."

As for 10:

Enhancing your mental faculties via hardware and AI (ala the BRAINIACS). Cyberpunk isn't a transhumanist vision (being inherently misanthropic). It's dystopian instead of utopian. But post human goals can still exist. While everyone will have persistent online access to information in a Cyberpunk world, what I'm talking here is more fundamental. Even without being any more intelligent, imagine being able to think in digital time scales at will. Functionally, you could begin to respond to enemies before their nerves even triggered their bodies. You could simulate 1000 different responses to anything they could do before they even knew themselves (They hinted at this kind of thing in DETROIT: Beyond Human). A local AI "Partner" in your mind could point out risks you didn't see coming and suggest countermeasures. You could learn anything... instantly.

CDPR are creative people, so my fingers are crossed for some cognitive boosts beyond xp bonuses or raw stat checks. A long shot, I know. Easily game breaking. One idea for a major drawback: Cognitive Offloading. It's so very Cyberpunk and is already happening. The more we use tech to expand our abilities, the more dependent we become. Imagine how much most of us take for granted having arms. Now think of how you'd feel with no arms to interact with the world. THAT... for your mind. A quick summary: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160816085029.htm

Nanotech. This could be as simple as nanoscale item fabrication or as complex as full control of matter. Turn that incoming sniper round into cotton candy, sneak a nano-swarm inside an enemy via their pores and slowly reconfigure their mind, etc. I'm guessing we'll get some form of nano-medicine, but you could do much, MUCH more.

Of course these kinds of things can break a game quickly. So I'm not expecting anything that cool. But a guy can hope CDPR really goes for it creatively. It will be a missed opportunity if it's just Kiroshi's and chromed out limbs. "Always take it to the edge."

Failing that, give me deep crafting that allows me to customize / repair myself, modify my vehicle, etc.

Last edited:
God, I hate this "only 3 choices" thing :ROFLMAO:

skinwave is something I'll definetely use in the game because I love the idea of protecting my life as much as possible (and I want some regen passive perk from some cyerware), but from a gameplay perspective I'll go for 6, 7 and 8.
cyberlimbs: double jumps, powerslide, lifting heavy objects, breaking walls is something I love in videogames. The more frenetic the combat is and the more freedom I have in movement, the better. So much fun than classic "hide and shoot" (and the only way I can enjoy FPS. Titanfall 2: great; battlefield 1: boring.
then 6 and 8 because yes, information is power, both when taking decisions (7) and in combat (6: you know an enemy is behind a wall (x-ray), another is almost invisible at night (thermal), one is completly invisible and you need to hear him coming...)

From this it's quite clear I'll be 99% a pretty aggressive SOLO with katana and SMGs (dual-weilded please!) in my first run, a stealthy netrunner second run will happen if the game really gives different approaches. Techie... it depends how it is: if just crafting and some passive skills, then I'll probably pass.

P.S. I totally agree that EMP should stop cyberware from working, but for cyberlimbs it should stop "the special ability" and not the ability to walk/use weapons. Otherwise you're dead (= reload from checkpoint) every time an EMP weapon is used. Frustrating.
Really hoping stats won't decide what we wear.
100% agree

Last edited:
Damn you Rawls 3 isn`t enough options with so many juicy choices:mad:

Okay i would like All of the 9 options but i voted 1, 3 , 7 with special mention of wanting 8 as well .

Love to have my own shop where i can fabricate my stuff and sell stuff. nothing is better then have a monopely on the best shizzle on the market ^^

Top Bottom