Weekly Poll 6/23/19 - Let's Talk About Jackie

+

Jackie?

• Total voters
First post E3 poll. I think? I dunno. Sure. Yes.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah. Did you like him? Do you know who he is? Is he dead for good? Did you want him dead? Is it a choice? Should it be a choice? Were you moved?

I think he's dead, but that's because I have the soul of a flattened traffic cone.

Et vous?

Other polls here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

Last edited:
2, 4, 7 - I think it'll be a choice thing ... but can accept if it's s fixed story point. Also, #6 is crazy.

I don't want him to be dead. I like him the most out of all characters introduced in the gameplay demo, but then again, there weren't many people introduced at all...

Jackie > Johnny Silverhand

It was confirmed that the CGI trailer represents a real mission in the game. Whether he can die or not seemed a bit spoilery to me but typical of CDPR quest design - V chose to go in guns blazing so Jackie died in that playthrough. I like him, personally. He seems like he could be a major character who could survive till the end of the game. Whoever does his VOs is really good.

I'm sure there's a stealth approach that doesn't require a running gunfight.

At least there better be, because with FPS combat I personally will have to avoid it whenever and wherever possible.

I'm going to say 2, I have to go with it being a choice as I don't think they'd spoil it if it's part of the story unless he is an extremely minor character and that happens super early in the story (like one or two missions after the E3 2018 gameplay).

I do like him and hope it's a choice and he can live, but I can also respect the balls it would take to show it if it actually is part of the story as Jackie was a big part of the previous gameplay footage.

Another possibility is that is part of the story but something else happens and he isn't actually dead.

I voted for 2
I think V stuffed up Dex tells him , so if V does the mission like he was told Jackie lives !!!!! I don`t know how people can say they don`t like Jackie when we haven`t really met him yet , he seems cool to me .

Last edited:
Choice related death.
For a game that says everything you do affects the world and story, that you can develop relationships; it really looks weird to have the game impose on you that he is dead and, from the body language, has strong relationship with you.

For me he is not important. I will have fun with other companion instead of him. And I do hope you can have other male and female companions, not just Jackie and Silverhand.

2 and 5.

From what little is shown, he never appeared as someone memorable, but rather someone forced.

That ”my puppy is dying” scene in the last trailer enforces the feeling of him being forcefully written as someone the player is supposed to care about. It doesn’t work, quite the opposite, so I’m of the opinion that it’d be good if he died/disappered permanently early on no matter what the player does.

5-8.
I just didn't liked the guy.
I didn't like how he was forced on V.
I didn't like how he was talking to V.
I was actually planning to deliberately kill him if I could, even by shooting him myself if necessary.
So I sure hope he's dead and won't blink if he dies like in the video.

He isn’t dead or the mission failed and this was just a different outcome.It would be too much of a spoiler if he would die in the game
Post automatically merged:

5-8.
I just didn't liked the guy.
I didn't like how he was forced on V.
I didn't like how he was talking to V.
I was actually planning to deliberately kill him if I could, even by shooting him myself if necessary.
So I sure hope he's dead and won't blink if he dies like in the video.
He is a cool guy can’t agrre with that.He is a good buddy

He isn’t dead or the mission failed and this was just a different outcome.It would be too much of a spoiler if he would die in the game
Post automatically merged:

He is a cool guy can’t agrre with that.He is a good buddy

Shoudn't have called V "Jaina".

Top Bottom