Weekly Poll 6/23/19 - Let's Talk About Jackie

+

Jackie?

• Total voters
One would assume since CDPR has claimed a non-lethal playthru is possible there's an alternative to a running gunbattle. While it may not actually show anyone getting killed it's pretty logical to assume people were. Therefore if Dex (for some reason) "needs" to shoot 'V' for Johnny to manifest it'll still happen somehow.

Because.....?
The classic case, often shown (in typical Hollywood unrealistic style) in movies is putting the guys who's flamethrower just exploded out of his misery.

Never mind about the image lol :coolstory:

Well, I just imagine V and Jackie getting into the taxi safely without people shooting at them lol. I just dunno what Dexter would do or how V would meet Johnny if he doesn't wake up in garbage.
Option 1. getting shot at and jackie gets hit like in the trailer and dies
Option 2. you give jackie some big piece of metal and say "wear this on your belly or I will be mad at you!". Jackie's belly = bulletproof and he's okay (still he looks at you and says "I'mmmm sorrrrrrryyyyyyy...." And you say "WHY? you're fine!" and he's like "I ate too much spicy food" Your like "AI CAR ROLL DOWN THE BULLET PROOF WINDOWS NOW PLEASE HURRY *punch car screen* AI is like "IM AFRAID I CAN'T DO THAT V.." "NO NO OPEN IT NOW!" *punch car screen again* *AI rolls down windows* *Jackie gets shot through the windows* "JACKIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Option 3. somehow manage to finish the job with no problems. Be walking home with Jackie and accidentally disturb a nest of angry cybersquirrels. Get beat up pretty bad. *wake up in junkyard with both Jackie and Johnny standing over you "Wake up Samuraiii.... We got a city to burrrnnnn.." "AND PUT SOME PANTS ON THAT CULO!":ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

One would assume since CDPR has claimed a non-lethal playthru is possible there's an alternative to a running gunbattle. While it may not actually show anyone getting killed it's pretty logical to assume people were. Therefore if Dex (for some reason) "needs" to shoot 'V' for Johnny to manifest it'll still happen somehow.

The classic case, often shown (in typical Hollywood unrealistic style) in movies is putting the guys who's flamethrower just exploded out of his misery.
Yea but I'm curious about what they meant, for philosophical purposes. No offense but I still want their answer. peace.

A non-lethal playthrough does not mean nobody dies, it means V doen't kill anyone. So there are many ways this could go.

A non-lethal playthrough does not mean nobody dies, it means V doen't kill anyone. So there are many ways this could go.
Imagine V just walking through some dangerous corporate bunker and taking down all the bad guys. All the bad guys screaming "NO NO, WAIT! YOU SAID THIS WAS GOING TO BE A NO KILL PLAYTHROUGH!" and V is like "No no no, I don't want to KILL You!!!?? I just want you to.. not be alive... anymore." *sounds of violence* Oh gosh... crazy V at it again! haha

Before anyone lets themselves get upset at the idea of Jackie's death (I wouldn't, but others might), keep in mind it's common practice for trailers, especially cinematic ones, to showcase scenes that never actually appear in the finished game. They're just shown because that scenario depicted is highly effective showcasing the desired mood of the game without spoiling anything about the story.

CDPR has an iron fist lockdown on the info about this game that makes Nintendo seem as secure as the current White House to the point that in nearly a decade since the game has been announced, we've only had five trailers, two of which were actual gameplay and one of those not shown to the public as a whole but only a select few. Does that really sound like the type of developers that would shoot their proverbial emotional and dramatic wad prematurely by leaking such a major plot point in a trailer?

Before anyone lets themselves get upset at the idea of Jackie's death (I wouldn't, but others might), keep in mind it's common practice for trailers, especially cinematic ones, to showcase scenes that never actually appear in the finished game. They're just shown because that scenario depicted is highly effective showcasing the desired mood of the game without spoiling anything about the story.

CDPR has an iron fist lockdown on the info about this game to the point that in nearly a decade since the game has been announced, we've only had five trailers, two of which were actual gameplay and one of those not shown to the public as a whole but only a select few. Does that really sound like the type of developers that would shoot their proverbial emotional and dramatic wad prematurely by leaking such a major plot point in a trailer?
Well they did say in the interview that this story is actualy from the game. But there are so many stories and so many ways to go through them that the trailer doesn't spoil it that much.

Before anyone lets themselves get upset at the idea of Jackie's death (I wouldn't, but others might), keep in mind it's common practice for trailers, especially cinematic ones, to showcase scenes that never actually appear in the finished game.
Ummm ...
That wasn't a cinematic trailer, that was actual gameplay. Not hands-on, but actual gameplay by one of the devs.

You could see another end to the path where you do the job well, leave Dex on good terms, but then get jumped by corporates afterwards and shot. I know I read somewhere that non-lethal will require lots of sneaking, and sometimes running away or turning down missions.

Dex could always double cross V and Jackie gets killed any way :shrug:

You could see another end to the path where you do the job well, leave Dex on good terms, but then get jumped by corporates afterwards and shot. I know I read somewhere that non-lethal will require lots of sneaking, and sometimes running away or turning down missions.

Turn down missions and running doesn`t sound like fun to me :(

When I see that long of a cinematic (assuming it is a real story beat and doesn't get shelved later) I tend to think it is part of the story arc for V in general. Maybe they create different cinematics for what can happen which would be a pleasant surprise, but my suspicion is that it is a story beat before Keanu time. If it is early in the game, it might be hard to tweak an entire game with and without Jackie that way, but hey, I could be wrong. :) Maybe he's a Keira type option but I tend to think if he can actually live or die, it's hard to make him a major part of the story later except for specific missions and that type of thing. It's easier to tweak variety within each mission (you can kind of make them a self-contained narrative in a way) versus the actual main narrative arc itself.

Didn't Jackie just one of few companions who going to be in the game and who can go with you on mission? when did he become key part of V story or game story? also his close friendship with V look really forced to a player and now his death for some reason need to be sad and heartbreaking for us why?

I still hope that if we going to have companion 100% of the time with us, that i have full control over him, his build, stats, albilitys and equipment, nothing worst for RPG than a companion who do stuff automatic, and you have limited control over him.

nothing worst for RPG than a companion who do stuff automatic, and you have limited control over him.

I don't agree actually. If you are only supposed to play V, there is no reason you can have direct control over any other NPC.
But then of course you should also have the possibility to get rid of him, one way or another...

:ok:

Dex could always double cross V and Jackie gets killed any way :shrug:

Turn down missions and running doesn`t sound like fun to me :(
I kind of understand, but I also hope I can accept any and all missions and still sneak and run and take cover and still do non-lethal if I really want to.

CGI cinematic is for E3. It won't be in the game, but the story will. So we may see these events if we do the quest in the same way.
I don't know... I think CDProjektRed is pretty magical, might surprise us...;)

Far to early to say. I mean it’s still early until you actually play the title. But yeah doesn’t bother me the slightest as we’ve yet to establish a relations ship of any kind.

Players already like Silverhand better.

Top Bottom