Weekly Poll 6/23/19 - Let's Talk About Jackie

+

Jackie?

• Total voters
Yeah V is not blank slate, only blank slate are Watcher from PoE, Godwoken from Divinity 2, Duke/Duchess from Pathfinder Kingmaker, Gray Warden from Dragon Age origin and Inquisitor from DAI, i would like that same is for cyberpunk you start like blank slate, and meet all your companions and get to know them slowly learn their story, it would be more organic.

Like this V big friendship with Jackie is really forced on you, and now you need to feel all sad and wory about a person you really don't know or care about.

Yeah V is not blank slate, only blank slate are Watcher from PoE, Godwoken from Divinity 2, Duke/Duchess from Pathfinder Kingmaker, Gray Warden from Dragon Age origin and Inquisitor from DAI, i would like that same is for cyberpunk you start like blank slate, and meet all your companions and get to know them slowly learn their story, it would be more organic.

Like this V big friendship with Jackie is really forced on you, and now you need to feel all sad and wory about a person you really don't know or care about.
I believe that in the beginning of the game there are places you start off and have some context, but then after that you can choose what ever you want. Those are just my thoughts. Why do so many people worry about Jackie and feel he is forced? V is 20-something years old (probably) and had a life up until the point where the game starts, so there needs to be some healthy context or the player is just a random NPC that you suddenly decide to take control of right? Only way to not force anything other than forcing the player to experience V being born or cloned and go to school and learn math and reading and live 20 years or more of their life until the official start of the game. That prelude would take more GB space and story length than multiple playthroughs of CyberPunk2077 Lol! :think::shrug::ROFLMAO:
Just my opinions, no offense. Peace.

Well in this one it's V. You can do different versions of him or her. But it's still V. There's definitely going to be more variability, but it's not going to be anywhere near a blank slate.

I know, but it's clearly advertised as a game where V is mostly player defined. They heavily insist it's your V.
There is a lots of shade between a "blank state" and "all defined".

I know, but it's clearly advertised as a game where V is mostly player defined. They heavily insist it's your V.
There is a lots of shade between a "blank state" and "all defined".
I'm just going to safely assume it's a very special mix (with good emphasis on player freedom and choice) that CDProjektRed knows the special formula for. :)

I HOPE that his death is based on your choices, competence, and how you handle yourself in the mission but I fear that it's scripted for drama T_T

Here`s a question for those who know the CP lore . Some have said when Jackie dies running his hame across V`s face was sexual . Can you be a Valentino and be gay ? I guess you would have to be Bi ?

Here`s a question for those who know the CP lore . Some have said when Jackie dies running his hand across V`s face was sexual . Can you be a Valentino and be gay ? I guess you would have to be Bi ?
I would like to think they were more than just friends in the trailer :sneaky:

"The Valentino's are dedicated to seducing the most attractive women in Night City. The more unobtainable she appears to be, the more attractive a target she makes."

Since the Valentino's are tweaked in 2077 to be a Latino only gang who're more violent than in 2020. I'm thinking (hoping) that they're dedicated to seducing the most attractive person regardless of gender. I think that would be cool, can a dev pls respond? :whistle:

Last edited:
Here`s a question for those who know the CP lore . Some have said when Jackie dies running his hame across V`s face was sexual . Can you be a Valentino and be gay ? I guess you would have to be Bi ?
Please forgive me, but from your own perspective, what do you define as a valentino? what is a valentino?
I just don't know what that means. Sorry.

Here's a link to Cyberpunk 2020 wiki, it should help with such questions:
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Valentino's
Hey thanks, Now I understand everyone else's posts now. I'm only somewhat disappointed that there does not seem to be more information about them since they seem kind of interesting, but of course we just have to wait until we can play the game to learn more then. To answer everyone else's questions:
I would like to think they were more than just friends in the trailer :sneaky:

"The Valentino's are dedicated to seducing the most attractive women in Night City. The more unobtainable she appears to be, the more attractive a target she makes."

Since the Valentino's are tweaked in 2077 to be a Latino only gang who're more violent than in 2020. I'm thinking (hoping) that they're dedicated to seducing the most attractive person regardless of gender. I think that would be cool, can a dev pls respond? :whistle:
This post is just an opinion and idea and is not meant to hurt or offend anyone, and is meant in a nice way with good intentions. Good will 100% only.

Maybe? But other than being excellent in combat, I didn't really perceive Jackie as being a violent guy. He seemed really friendly and warm in his personality in all the gameplay we see of him, and he even goes to that meditation/zen shop to relax and be at peace while the store owner gives him some rather unusual spiritual advice for a short moment. So my guess is that he isn't a valentino,:think: But it would be a really fun quest if the game can detect that someone is playing as a straight male character and then sends a Gay Valentino man that is an unfortunate outcast of the valentino gang who don't accept him for being gay since a valentino typically (by their standards, not mine) is only supposed to seduce attractive women- to essentially follow the main character V around and try to impress the character and win their heart or something:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:, as this would make for a very awkward but strangely sweet and cute romantic comedy type of quest. Think pepe le pew trying to romance the cat in every episode (old childrens cartoon about a french skunk that falls in love with a cat) Maybe in the end of the quest, you are able to decide if you will give them a chance or tell them *puts on Jackie face* "I'm Sorrrrryyyyyyyyy" but you still end up being best friends with them and doing a few missions together, maybe even play wingman for them and help them find true love and watch them ride off into the sunset? Would make for a fascinating funny and sweet story with a heartwarming ending.:smart:

I honestly hope CDProjektRed just takes this idea and uses it because anyone straight or gay would probably find the quest funny and heartwarming.

Last edited:
Hey thanks, Now I understand everyone else's posts now. I'm only somewhat disappointed that there does not seem to be more information about them since they seem kind of interesting, but of course we just have to wait until we can play the game to learn more then. To answer everyone else's questions:

This post is just an opinion and idea and is not meant to hurt or offend anyone, and is meant in a nice way with good intentions. Good will 100% only.

Maybe? But other than being excellent in combat, I didn't really perceive Jackie as being a violent guy. He seemed really friendly and warm in his personality in all the gameplay we see of him, and he even goes to that meditation/zen shop to relax and be at peace while the store owner gives him some rather unusual spiritual advice for a short moment. So my guess is that he isn't a valentino,:think: But it would be a really fun and even frightening quest if the game can detect that someone is playing as a straight male character and then sends a Gay Valentino man that is an unfortunate outcast of the valentino gang who don't accept him for being gay since a valentino typically (by their standards, not mine) is only supposed to seduce attractive women- to essentially follow the main character V around and try to impress the character and win their heart or something:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:, as this would make for a very awkward but strangely sweet and cute romantic comedy type of quest. Think pepe le pew trying to romance the cat in every episode (old childrens cartoon about a french skunk that falls in love with a cat) Maybe in the end of the quest, you are able to decide if you will give them a chance or tell them *puts on Jackie face* "I'm Sorrrrryyyyyyyyy" but you still end up being best friends with them and doing a few missions together, maybe even play wingman for them and help them find true love and watch them ride off into the sunset? Would make for a fascinating funny and sweet story with a heartwarming ending.:smart:

I honestly hope CDProjektRed just takes this idea and uses it because anyone straight or gay would probably find the quest funny and heartwarming.
Lol bruh, Jackie's literally ripping out someone's eyeball in the first trailer :coolstory: I think he has a violent side... which makes it even more endearing because he's a big puddy tat around V. He really has a soft spot for him/her. Jackie's definitely a Valentino lol. I think Misty is his girlfriend. Lilayah said he has a gf in one of the Q&A's. But OMG that would be awesome! Lol have some annoying Valentino chasing V all throughout the game with really bad pick up lines, gifts and whatnot, even serenading him/her. He's just totally infatuated with V xD that would be funny and cute. You can choose to kill him, ignore him or give in lol. That would be interesting too! Like a Valentino in the closet lol.

Lol bruh, Jackie's literally ripping out someone's eyeball in the first trailer :coolstory: I think he has a violent side... which makes it even more endearing because he's a big puddy tat around V. He really has a soft spot for him/her. Jackie's definitely a Valentino lol. I think Misty is his girlfriend. Lilayah said he has a gf in one of the Q&A's. But OMG that would be awesome! Lol have some annoying Valentino chasing V all throughout the game with really bad pick up lines, gifts and whatnot, even serenading him/her. He's just totally infatuated with V xD that would be funny and cute. You can choose to kill him, ignore him or give in lol. That would be interesting too! Like a Valentino in the closet lol.
Totex, Your posts always cheer me up. (What trailer did you see him ripping an eye out!?!?!? O_O?????)

To be honest, not only would I not mind Jackie dying, I kinda want a situation where V has the chance to betray him and kill him. :cool:
Oh gosh, Such edge. Much edgy. Wow. Very sharp. Woofe.

Top Bottom