Weekly Poll 6/23/19 - Let's Talk About Jackie

+

Jackie?

• Total voters
I don't understand, what happened in TW3 that broke your immersion? :)
BTW can we all just appreciate how beautiful Jackie's eyes are? :sad:
View attachment 11009437
Yes, Jackie's eyes are very nice. I Can't wait to see everyones eyes in the game :eek:
I'm afraid that my interactions with Jackie in Cyberpunk2077 will be artificially limited and severely punished by the games lack of awareness of my intentions, or inability to allow me to make those intentions clear enough through the choices I make in Cyberpunk2077, or allow me enough wiggle room to make choices I want, but still achieve a certain outcome I want or need, without the game assuming what I intended to do or make happen in the first place. This is the exact reason I mention Witcher 3 in this context, because I worry that Jackie will be affected, and maybe the rest of all characters too, by the same weird "uptight" behavior many of the characters in Witcher 3 had.
Severe Flaws that CRUSH immersion.

First of all, I want to start by saying that I highly respect CD Projekt Red for making such an excellent game and choosing to be better than most (maybe even all) other video game developers and publishers.

Second, I want to say that I highly recommend this game to other people because It's the best game I have played in years, and that says ALOT coming from me. But this game is not without it's flaws, and those flaws to me, have ruined my first experience with the game.

Most glaring issues that severely negatively impacted my game-play experience and shattered the immersion for me are as follows:
1. Stiff movement-unresponsive controls.It's always there, always a part of the game-play experience. You can never escape it and you will constantly find yourself grunting in frustration like a kid trying to learn how to tie their shoe laces and failing, except you never learn and it never gets better. Enemies have this strange ability to interrupt your control/keyboard inputs BEFORE THEY ATTACK YOU and then attack you when you "didn't do anything". You will be smashing your keyboard wondering why you didn't do an action and died.
2. Objective Tracking-CRITICALLY important missions.Some missions just never trigger or are considered "failed" HOURS or DAYS in real time later with no hints or clues because you didn't do what an NPC wanted you to do the WAY they wanted you to do it. You DID it, they're just grumpy. enjoy missing loads of missions "just because" and finding out hours later unable or unwilling to lose metric-TONS of progress and go back and redo several hours of missions all over again.
The story is where this game shines, but you will miss out on the story because of issues like this. It seems the only way to really do everything the game has to offer is to just run around the entire game saying "Yes" to every NPC and make everyone happy even if you disagree with it or spoil it by reading a comprehensive game guide from the start of your first play-through.
Like I said in my other post, because of these reasons, I am afraid Jackie isn't going to understand what I'm trying to say, and will just take everything I do the wrong way and get upset with me, resulting in my inability to prevent their death, or remain friends with them. NPC's... please forgive my language, in the witcher... were Painfully Stupid.... I don't mean any offense to, and I love CDPR, but I was screaming at my computer screen on plenty occasions because I couldn't make characters understand what my intentions were no matter how many dialogue choices I selected trying to show that I had good will, or any kind of intention. The game and the NPC's always assumed that I meant something different than what I did, and many of the characters I loved just went down a terrible path and there was nothing I could do about it, even if I knew there was another path available in the game. So I'm just having a bad time worrying that if Jackie gives me a quest, that even if I complete it he's going to get mad at me and reject me as a friend just because I completed the quest, but not exactly the way he/the game wanted me to (without any real indication it needed to be that way, all or nothing) Because in the Witcher 3 (using it as an example!!!!!!!) Most NPC's were "all or nothing" and you couldn't make a little mistake or anything, or even express your feelings or opinions without NPC's reacting like you just insulted their mother or something. There wasn't enough of "Oh that's what you think/feel? Well tell me why you feel that way? Let's talk about it?" NOPE, no discussion, or any sort of attempt at understanding or trying to make amends, you're just suddenly blacklisted from certain NPC's and certain quests are permanently locked/failed and you have to re-start a playthough that took you over a week in real time to get to a certain point and make that much progress. It was torture, and I have severe anxiety that Jackie is going to decide they hate me because of one little mistake I don't even know the parameters of that I haven't made yet at some random and arbitrary unknown point in the future. All my favorite NPC's I Know so far, Johnny Silverhand, Jackie, Victor, What if they decide to hate me because I messed up? Even if I do what they want, how do I know they wont take it the wrong way? PTSD: Overdrive. :cry:

Last edited:
Yes, Jackie's eyes are very nice. I Can't wait to see everyones eyes in the game :eek:
I'm afraid that my interactions with Jackie in Cyberpunk2077 will be artificially limited and severely punished by the games lack of awareness of my intentions, or inability to allow me to make those intentions clear enough through the choices I make in Cyberpunk2077, or allow me enough wiggle room to make choices I want, but still achieve a certain outcome I want or need, without the game assuming what I intended to do or make happen in the first place. This is the exact reason I mention Witcher 3 in this context, because I worry that Jackie will be affected, and maybe the rest of all characters too, by the same weird "uptight" behavior many of the characters in Witcher 3 had.
Severe Flaws that CRUSH immersion.

First of all, I want to start by saying that I highly respect CD Projekt Red for making such an excellent game and choosing to be better than most (maybe even all) other video game developers and publishers.

Second, I want to say that I highly recommend this game to other people because It's the best game I have played in years, and that says ALOT coming from me. But this game is not without it's flaws, and those flaws to me, have ruined my first experience with the game.

Most glaring issues that severely negatively impacted my game-play experience and shattered the immersion for me are as follows:
1. Stiff movement-unresponsive controls.It's always there, always a part of the game-play experience. You can never escape it and you will constantly find yourself grunting in frustration like a kid trying to learn how to tie their shoe laces and failing, except you never learn and it never gets better. Enemies have this strange ability to interrupt your control/keyboard inputs BEFORE THEY ATTACK YOU and then attack you when you "didn't do anything". You will be smashing your keyboard wondering why you didn't do an action and died.
2. Objective Tracking-CRITICALLY important missions.Some missions just never trigger or are considered "failed" HOURS or DAYS in real time later with no hints or clues because you didn't do what an NPC wanted you to do the WAY they wanted you to do it. You DID it, they're just grumpy. enjoy missing loads of missions "just because" and finding out hours later unable or unwilling to lose metric-TONS of progress and go back and redo several hours of missions all over again.
The story is where this game shines, but you will miss out on the story because of issues like this. It seems the only way to really do everything the game has to offer is to just run around the entire game saying "Yes" to every NPC and make everyone happy even if you disagree with it or spoil it by reading a comprehensive game guide from the start of your first play-through.
Like I said in my other post, because of these reasons, I am afraid Jackie isn't going to understand what I'm trying to say, and will just take everything I do the wrong way and get upset with me, resulting in my inability to prevent their death, or remain friends with them. NPC's... please forgive my language, in the witcher... were Painfully Stupid.... I don't mean any offense to, and I love CDPR, but I was screaming at my computer screen on plenty occasions because I couldn't make characters understand what my intentions were no matter how many dialogue choices I selected trying to show that I had good will, or any kind of intention. The game and the NPC's always assumed that I meant something different than what I did, and many of the characters I loved just went down a terrible path and there was nothing I could do about it, even if I knew there was another path available in the game. So I'm just having a bad time worrying that if Jackie gives me a quest, that even if I complete it he's going to get mad at me and reject me as a friend just because I completed the quest, but not exactly the way he/the game wanted me to (without any real indication it needed to be that way, all or nothing) Because in the Witcher 3 (using it as an example!!!!!!!) Most NPC's were "all or nothing" and you couldn't make a little mistake or anything, or even express your feelings or opinions without NPC's reacting like you just insulted their mother or something. There wasn't enough of "Oh that's what you think/feel? Well tell me why you feel that way? Let's talk about it?" NOPE, no discussion, or any sort of attempt at understanding or trying to make amends, you're just suddenly blacklisted from certain NPC's and certain quests are permanently locked/failed and you have to re-start a playthough that took you over a week in real time to get to a certain point and make that much progress. It was torture, and I have severe anxiety that Jackie is going to decide they hate me because of one little mistake I don't even know the parameters of that I haven't made yet at some random and arbitrary unknown point in the future. All my favorite NPC's I Know so far, Johnny Silverhand, Jackie, Victor, What if they decide to hate me because I messed up? Even if I do what they want, how do I know they wont take it the wrong way? PTSD: Overdrive. :cry:
I do believe this is the very first time I've been witness to a social anxiety panic attack...in written form. Relax, my dude. Unlike in real life, if you mess up? You can probably just reload a save before you put your foot in your mouth. :cool:

BTW can we all just appreciate how beautiful Jackie's eyes are? :sad:
Too much life in it.
I like the cut of your jib! :ok:

Last edited:
I do believe this is the very first time I've been witness to a social anxiety panic attack...in written form. Relax, my dude. Unlike in real life, if you mess up? You can probably just reload a save before you put your foot in your mouth. :cool:
I like the cut of your jib! :ok:
Definitely read my post again, reloading doesn't solve and is sometimes impossible, too late, or too painful.
I hope It doesn't hurt too much for Jackie in that bleed out scene. I feel so bad for him, he's like "ohhh shit..... I'm sorrrryyyy" oh gosh... :(

Hey i always knew V and Jackie were tight ;)
I believe friendship this good only exists in heaven.

I like the option to have him die or live based on your choices in the game. VtM: Redemption was like that as was ME:2 and it gave the games some re-playability

I like the option to have him die or live based on your choices in the game. VtM: Redemption was like that as was ME:2 and it gave the games some re-playability
What I would really love to see in the game is an option where V makes all the bad choices that guarantee the game is going to TRY or ATTEMPT to kill Jackie, but then allow me as V to jump right in and hardcore bruteforce SAVE Jackie anyways, against all odds. That would be something I think that NO GAME has EVER done. EVER.

This question raises two other questions.
If Jackie's dead, is Dexter DeShawn also dead then?
Is Bug?
Since the gameplay we've seen is pre-mission and the cinematic at the No-Tell motel is post-mission, I guess it's a choice depending on your gameplay. Consequences and all that.
I root and hope for player choice as always! :giggle:

If you let me check all the boxes I will do it. I liked Jackie, his death was sad, but I think it's a result of choices.

Top Bottom