Weekly Poll 7/01/19 - This Apartment Thing

+

Just one apartment?!

• 1. I was really expecting more. I am disappointed. I had plans! And furniture picked out!

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • 2. One is okay with me. Some place to admire my gear and listen to the radio. Only have one IRL!

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • 3. One apartment?! No apartment! The Future Is Disposable! Toiletries, tools and ammo - home!

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 4. I think perhaps it's one at a time? As you move districts? Or upgrade your status?

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • 5. I think more might be added in DLC/Expansions?

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 6. Wouldn't be surprised if they take even the one away in-game.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 7. Perhaps like Life Path, our apartment might be varied? So 3 choices or something?

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 8. I'm ambivalent about this whole thing. Development cuts things - wasn't a priority for me.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • 9. Jackie isn't dead, Sard, you fool. You'll see! You'll see!

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • 10. Apartment, shpartment. My garage shall be the land of GODS.

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
Sorry for the delay - bit of a holiday here in the Frozen North.

Right! Let's rip the scab right off this thing and see the ooey gooey goodness underneath!

Looks like we're down to just one apartment. I know! I, too, had plans of an entire condominium complex! To..roam free in! And keep my..guests...in..safety. Yes. Yes!

But alas, it seems to be vanished into the mists of time and unimplemented features. To tomorrow!

But for this week, give me your vote, siram!

Weekly Polls List: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

Last edited:
2 and 8.

I don't like having more than one home/base/house unless they're nothing more than a bed to sleep in. If there's any kind of place-specific features -- or just storage space -- it always ends up being a hindrance and I'd rather have one place in the middle of nowhere but with all features rather than five places in good locations but with varying equipment.

Even if it IS literally just a bed and a roof over my head I'm still fine with just one such place. More could be useful, sure -- but this is where poll choice 8 comes in.

2, 5 & 8.

A nonissue. I’d be fine if there were none and the player had to rent a room from a hostel.

Much more important question than how much of a real estate baron one can be, is how the apartment ties in with gameplay and narrative mechanisms.

2, 5, 7 - The one we have seen is already nicer that what I would expect for an edgerunner. Maybe more later? Maybe different "ones" based on lifepath? Could be. But if not, that's fine. Would like it to be somewhat customizable though as far as decor is concerned.

2, 7, 8.
2 and 8 - not an aspect of the game that important to me. Right when we heard that V can have an apartment, I thought you can have only one at a time. So you buy one and need to sell the other, this sort of thing.

I chose 7 also in regards to the news that you have different starting points in the game.

I also want limited garage, because I don't see the point of having one apartment but a huge parking lot of vehicles inside the megabuilding you live.

Hey bro you can afford only one apartment, not even a mansion, but you can have all the wheels in the game. If it's not flying you can have it.

This will really greatly depend on if this means THE one apartment or A single apartment. If the option to sell and upscale is there, I'm fine with it. If we're out making millions and can't get out of a small place I'll feel differently.

I think the bigger issue is them telling us one thing then pulling back later. Most people see that as misleading.

I think the bigger issue is them telling us one thing then pulling back later. Most people see that as misleading.

Sure but they say repeatedly during the demo and interviews that everything is subject to change. Under development.

That seems pretty clear. Explicitly clear.

Not to mention, people have been clamoring for data and news for years. Should CDPR have just refused everything until it was all 100% done?

Because around here - and everywhere - that wasn't the feeling for the last 7 years.

Sure but they say repeatedly during the demo and interviews that everything is subject to change. Under development.

Not to mention, people have been clamoring for data and news for years. Should CDPR have just refused everything until it was all 100% done?

Because around here - and everywhere - that wasn't the feeling for the last 7 years.

Well, there is a way to say that, like: We're trying to have that in the game.
Not just: Yes, it's here!

Just a way to say it, much less confusion.

Well, there is a way to say that, like: We're trying to have that in the game.
Not just: Yes, it's here!

Just a way to say it, much less confusion.

Yeah, I saw two versions.

One dev saying "there is a chance for multiple apartments"
Another saying, "there are multiple apartments."

Both are true at the time.

And I'd say everything subject to change really covers everything. The frequently mentioned caveat is that "for now. At this time." They said it again and again and again. You're asking them to say it every time, about every feature, in every interview.

I agree it sucks to tell people stuff that excites them, then kill it. But that is development. Otherwise you'd have to talk only about 100% certain features, which are very very few 2 years away from release.

Otherwise you'd have to talk only about 100% certain features, which are very very few 2 years away from release.

I'm personaly in the "We're trying to...etc." train.

Besides, there is obvious communication problems, like too much advertisement about V being player created and a lot fewer about V being already defined a lot.

This will really greatly depend on if this means THE one apartment or A single apartment. If the option to sell and upscale is there, I'm fine with it. If we're out making millions and can't get out of a small place I'll feel differently.

Yeah I didn't even consider an apartment in this game, let alone need one, until they mentioned it. Then I got into the idea. My original concept of what 2077 would be had much more to do with customization. I thought what I looked like and what my place looked like would be top priority, since the Cyberpunk universe is all about style.

While I'm still beyond optimistic, it seems that every major announcement takes one step further away from my particular V being anything special. From First Person Perspective, to stat/street cred-based gear, to the cosmetic presets, to the apartment situation, I think my area of the fanbase became excited for the wrong things.

We may hit a point where I wish they'd just designated a look and personality for one set character with a full name and fully fleshed out persona, nicknamed V. Let the writers do their thing and build a story around V in the way that the Witcher series builds around Geralt.

I'm ok with one. I just hope that I will really be able to admire my clothes and weapons in there. Display them somewhere. Like the wall in 2018 demo. This shit could also be gone and it would be just one wardrobe to change clothes ala GTA or Witcher 3. So you just see inventory screen and transfer items.

Yeah, everything subject to change of course. That doesn't remove and absolve dissatisfaction from their choice. If one thing I've seen prevalent on these forums it's the desire for this RPG to actually be a roleplaying game. A large part of that is the things you can do outside the main quest. They may have had their reasons for removing it but you can't tell me some people won't play the game and ask "why can't I buy a new place?" Given the optional lifepaths, I'd think a Corpo background might like a highrise condo to stash away in

Yeah, I saw two versions.

One dev saying "there is a chance for multiple apartments"
Another saying, "there are multiple apartments."

Both are true at the time.

And I'd say everything subject to change really covers everything. The frequently mentioned caveat is that "for now. At this time." They said it again and again and again. You're asking them to say it every time, about every feature, in every interview.

I agree it sucks to tell people stuff that excites them, then kill it. But that is development. Otherwise you'd have to talk only about 100% certain features, which are very very few 2 years away from release.
I said it before, but there are two ways to interpret the "chance" thing, and neither is necessarily correct. One interpretation is they meant "V will not be forced to, but she/he has a chance to get other apartments," perhaps through story choices, or buying them with cash, etc.

The other interpretation is the one you've adopted, which is the developers meaning that there may or may not be the option in the final game. Nobody is saying devs should know 100% what the final game is going to include, but rather, disappointment is understandable given what was said and what will be delivered.

Remember -- people are constantly learning about this game, and constantly reading through old and new interviews. So they may not be up to date, and just now discovering this information, thus the disappointment is fresh. For older users, though, I think we should all have gotten over it by now.

Also, 4, 5, 9. :sneaky:

Yeah I didn't even consider an apartment in this game, let alone need one, until they mentioned it. Then I got into the idea. My original concept of what 2077 would be had much more to do with customization. I thought what I looked like and what my place looked like would be top priority, since the Cyberpunk universe is all about style.

While I'm still beyond optimistic, it seems that every major announcement takes one step further away from my particular V being anything special. From First Person Perspective, to stat/street cred-based gear, to the cosmetic presets, to the apartment situation, I think my area of the fanbase became excited for the wrong things.

We may hit a point where I wish they'd just designated a look and personality for one set character with a full name and fully fleshed out persona, nicknamed V. Let the writers do their thing and build a story around V in the way that the Witcher series builds around Geralt.

i'm curious to see what now changes between this time and launch. This is my first CDPR game, the witcher stuff not being my genre. CP2077 is definitely my flavor though so I'm hoping for the best

I was disappointed at first, since I really wanted to see my V in a fancy appartment but I can see that it isn't a priority at all. Hopefully we'll get a DLC that still adds several appartments. (customization of it isn't necessary at all)

1- Because I was expecting some smalls customizations at least. There were some for Geralt's house, so I don't understand why a regress.
6- Out of saltness. Lack of in-depth CC, lack of apartment and cars/bikes customization

Edit: What I don't like is that this game has everything to be a great AAA game, with great story, accomoding a wild aesthetic, but I can't enjoy it for my own character. I have to experience only the city, the outside, while forgeting myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom