Weekly Poll 7/01/19 - This Apartment Thing

+

Just one apartment?!

• 1. I was really expecting more. I am disappointed. I had plans! And furniture picked out!

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • 2. One is okay with me. Some place to admire my gear and listen to the radio. Only have one IRL!

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • 3. One apartment?! No apartment! The Future Is Disposable! Toiletries, tools and ammo - home!

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 4. I think perhaps it's one at a time? As you move districts? Or upgrade your status?

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • 5. I think more might be added in DLC/Expansions?

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 6. Wouldn't be surprised if they take even the one away in-game.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 7. Perhaps like Life Path, our apartment might be varied? So 3 choices or something?

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 8. I'm ambivalent about this whole thing. Development cuts things - wasn't a priority for me.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • 9. Jackie isn't dead, Sard, you fool. You'll see! You'll see!

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • 10. Apartment, shpartment. My garage shall be the land of GODS.

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
2 4 9 (lol) and 10

I'm not too bothered if there is only one but I do think that it will likely change throughout the game which is why we can't customize it. Not being able to customize vehicles disappoints me a lot more because I love souping up my ride in video game (and real life lol)

I wish I could stay on the move, sleep little bit of everywhere. Depends on how much money Ive, whether its cube, hotel, car, friends place, or girls place etc.

I am kinda missing 11: I want to be an interior decorator, a landlord, a neighbor of Keanu Reeves, a house flipper, a club manager, a CEO, a witch... uh, wrong game..., a pimp, a car mechanic, a hooker, a waitress, a ripper doc, a corpo cop, a fixer/handler, a gold digger, a drug dealer, a street thug, a bouncer, a trauma team doc, a quantum physicist, a hobo,...

...sigh, obviously I am sarcastic. I also like to get my hands on the game while still alive, because if they would try to implement everything above, it might be literally the year 2077 for release.

So, I picked option 2, one apartment is fine.
However, I do hope hotels/motels find their way into the game, or maybe the option to crash on a "friends" couch when the heat is to hot to go home? Aside from that, I wouldn't mind minor decorating options, like a digital picture frame for pics from photo mode, or hanging up a few posters of our favorite celebrities in the game...

...hey, here is an idea: Collectable posters from iconic cyberpunk movies, like Metropolis, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Johnny Mnemonic,... that would be cool :giggle:

What other lack of visual input are you referring to? Just no apartment customization? You must be disappointed by many games, then.

I like different genres of games and I keep my expectations in check. This is a AAA rpg that offers CC and many promises of choices during quests, and the fact that they have chosen FPP makes me want more to compensate somehow.

I voted for 5 and 8 I do think you`ll get what you want in DLC just like TW3 and as long as we have one home i am okay .

I do think one apartment makes an interesting point , to me it says you wont neet to go home to save the game . I for one like that idea .

2, 3, 8.

I actually expected V to be living out of a hotel or something. I think apartments were pricey in the PnP, so it should be pricey in the game... Like one apartment should actually be a pretty big burden for V.

Reading all the posts about hopes for V making it big and such leaves me thinking ...

The word that keeps getting used in reference to the story of the game that I see is "noir." Noir and rags to riches / happy ending dont really go together.

Reading all the posts about hopes for V making it big and such leaves me thinking ...

The word that keeps getting used in reference to the story of the game that I see is "noir." Noir and rags to riches / happy ending dont really go together.
It's kind of inevitable from a gameplay standpoint, though. Unless the player is specifically blocked from getting high-end cars/equipment, they are going to have a stupid amount of money by the time the game is over. This has always been the case in any game that lets you sell equipment or items.

This has always been the case in any game that lets you sell equipment or items.
Maybe the economic balance will be different here. V's drink in the 2018 demo cost 20 eddies. Entry level optical scanner upgrades were 800 eddies. Could be stuff is really expensive.

Maybe the economic balance will be different here. V's drink in the 2018 demo cost 20 eddies. Entry level optical scanner upgrades were 800 eddies. Could be stuff is really expensive.
True. I'd be OK with that, CDPR games generally don't have enough good money sinks.

The word that keeps getting used in reference to the story of the game that I see is "noir." Noir and rags to riches / happy ending don't really go together.
I would guess, most people only see Noir as a visual style. Dark corners, jazz music, trench coats, fedora hats, hard boiled detectives, charming femme fatals, cigarettes, rain and a ominous narrator, something like that...

...but not the cynicism, fatalism, moral ambiguity, nor that the classic visual style is not a necessity for something to be called Noir, which makes it hard to define. I have watched some Noir movies and noticed, that the protagonists usually end up, in situations where the morally right choices often have very hefty consequences, like loosing loved ones.

So far I haven't seen a single Film Noir with a truly happy end...

Well, same as getting an awful lot of Cyberware doesn't goes well with being able to interract with people normally (I'm talking from the Cyberware user POV, not his interlocutor's), but V doesn't seems to play by the rules, so why would V follow the rules of "noir"?

I was kinda hinting at the inaccessibility with the "blowed up" bit of the comment because we don't know what is going to happen with the initial releases and "supposedly" there may be a stray mini nuke hanging around NC. It would be easy for the devs to blow it all up and make us all nomads...awwwmang. Unlikely though, especially if there are any special rewards or "paid for" things in the apt. The generic room idea makes some sense if your apt from the first releases gets destroyed somehow or taken away...story will tell....or it could just be that we have to go back to the single player for access to it, like you said.

Buuut how absolutely awesome would it be to be able to go to other people's apartments and see what they have uniquely done with the place for the multiplayer?!
I worry about people walking inside without wiping shoes on doormat. :confused:
Well, same as getting an awful lot of Cyberware doesn't goes well with being able to interract with people normally (I'm talking from the Cyberware user POV, not his interlocutor's), but V doesn't seems to play by the rules, so why would V follow the rules of "noir"?
Sort of makes sense. I think. :think:

I'd say 4 and 5 personally. I think the idea of changing your home as you "rise up" in the city is a legitimately interesting narrative as my biggest fear (this is probably going to be true on some level I fear) is that V will simply end the story the same as always -- same place, same situation, but others around him/her have changed in the story more than V. Kind of a full circle kind of story and V is still hustling to survive the city, etc. I hope I am wrong.

I'm not as excited about having a personalized protagonist as before as now I feel like it's going to be a Witcher 3 clone with the real variations mostly only being on gameplay/mission decisions (Deus Ex) and not main arc narratives/outcomes, and it would almost be better to have a well fleshed out set protagonist in some ways with that style. I was hoping for W3 storytelling with some narrative elements like something like New Vegas, but now I am convinced it's mostly W3 set in a different setting. This is still a great game, and I'm still excited, but I'm not expecting a leap/revolution in their game as much anymore, which is still ok, maybe I was being unrealistic. The less character/clothes/living/vehicle customization and narrative choices you can make with V versus just kind of leading her on one main (really great story to be sure, but just one main arc) story arc, the less I feel connected to the idea of even having a custom protagonist.

If my memory is correct.. it is nr.5

The plan was multiple homes. But then it was cut from the main game to save time and to fill the first big patch and first expansion.

RED. Correct me if iam wrong ;-)

Once it was explained how one is more fitting to the role we play as well as the story, I completely changed my mind on this. One is fine, although maybe if we can have one at a time and upgrade just a bit, I'd like that too.

Same. Especially if we get chased out of them once or twice. Very cyberpunk.
Yeah, I think having one at a time and being forced to move from one to another (not necessarily in a straight path upward regarding housing quality -- lets hide out in a couple basements, too...) would be way more thematic and interesting than having a single one throughout the entire game.

But I'll take something over nothing, so I won't complain if we stick with the same one throughout the game. I hope it's explained well, though.

Yeah, I think having one at a time and being forced to move from one to another (not necessarily in a straight path upward regarding housing quality.

How can someone able to gunning whole gangs by himself without even trying to use any form of strategy can be forced to do anything?
You would need extreme things for that, such as a nuclear strike of an entire Corpo army, not the kind of ressources used lightly.

Top Bottom