Weekly Poll - 7/17/2019 - V's Style

+

What style do you want your V to have?

• (1) Entropism - high tech / low life in it's purest form.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • (2) Kitsch - style over substance baby! It may not be worth 1000 eddies, but it sure looks like it.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • (3) Neomilitarism - let 'em know you mean business.

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • (4) Neokitsch - I'm on a crusade, Jack. I'm making it big. I better have a cheetah at the end.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • (5) Rockerboy - mohawk, ripped jeans, Samurai jacket. Putting the "Punk" in Cyberpunk.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • (6) Corpo - a fancy suit demands respect.

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • (7) Nomad - who cares what these big city people expect? Gotta represent my clan & family.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • (8) Chameleon - variety is the spice of life. I'll try to fit in depending on who I'm with.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • (9) Self-Made - I wanna mix and match everything to make my own style.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • (10) Borg - is that a style? I don't know much about fashion. I just shoot stuff for cash.

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
What type of style are you think about going for in your V? CDPR has already mentioned a few specific styles that exist in the game - https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...backup-concept_art-cp_visual_styles.11008378/. If you need more references for the options, check out:

Rockerboy.jpg

Corporate.jpg

Nomad.png

So let us know what you think. Only one choice this time ...

Last edited:
Definitely want a white business shirt with rolled up sleeves and a dark green tie. A casual corpo style

This is a serious, not meant to be an argument question, but how much value is the game actually putting in style if gear is stat-based and we can only see our forearms?
Clothing also has stats and that you can mix and match individual clothing items (so far we've heard about clothing slots for shirts, jackets, pants and shoes ... but there were more slots in the 2019 demo). We will have opportunities to see V.

I'm curious to know if there are mechanical benefits to the style of clothing we choose, not just the stats. Or maybe the stats of clothing are organized in such a way as to emphasize stylistic synergy. Like how you got additional bonuses for a full set of witcher gear in TW3. You could even create synergies between unrelated styles. Also, since street cred is apparently tied to individual districts, I could see different clothes effecting street cred growth in different places at different speeds.

For some odd reason I think my APB character while Im here, man I havent even played the game in 5+ years. Jeans and sleeveless skin-tight shirt. A few tattoos and some cyberware. SO rockeyboy its?

I still don't know what I will play as first, so depending on that I will need to change my style.

Rockerboy if I go for a more melee build.
Neomilterism if I go more range assault weapons.
Maybe
kitsch if I focus on hacking?

And the most important, it will depend on what clothes we can use.

Torn between 3 and 6. Went with 3 ultimately because while suits are great and all, nothing screams business like all black tactical gear and cyberware for all your killing and sneaking about needs.

Clothing also has stats and that you can mix and match individual clothing items (so far we've heard about clothing slots for shirts, jackets, pants and shoes ... but there were more slots in the 2019 demo). We will have opportunities to see V.

I'm curious to know if there are mechanical benefits to the style of clothing we choose, not just the stats. Or maybe the stats of clothing are organized in such a way as to emphasize stylistic synergy. Like how you got additional bonuses for a full set of witcher gear in TW3. You could even create synergies between unrelated styles. Also, since street cred is apparently tied to individual districts, I could see different clothes effecting street cred growth in different places at different speeds.

Street cred makes sense to me, and several outfits will likely tie to certain quests. A nice workaround for style and substance would be what Spider-Man PS4 went with. Suits could swap mods to match your favorite perks with your favorite look. The Cyberpunk universe is cut out for this model and would lead to some fun creations.

There'll inevitably be top tier gear that a ton of us end up using. But if we can mod that performance onto different appearances, our Vs will end up with some pretty wild variety.

Last edited:
I chose 8 because I want to be all of them.

Corpo
Nomad
Neomiltarism
Neokitsch
Kitsch
Borg

They said recently that some of the hard to get clothing will boost our street cred, depending on the district. Makes sense that a particular gang could be more positioned to work with someone from a certain kind of background/lifestyle

The best legendary gear because it has the highest stats and, you know, min-maxing. :facepalm:

Otherwise 9. I mean, first playthrough will be corpo background, but some kind of arasaka ninja bodyguard corpo background, if possible.

Top Bottom