Weekly Poll 9/17/18 - The Multiplayer Question

+

Do You Want Multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Total voters
Nothing even remotely close to a persistent MMO-like multiplayer.
I can't really see that turning in anything else than a big mess to manage.

Oh, it's easy!

First, you allow it to happen with restrictions set by players.

Second, you watch an economy evolve.

Third, you watch hackers destroy that economy.

Fourth, you ban ten thousand accounts for hacking.

Fifth, you ban another ten thousand accounts for hacking and complaining about the bans they received on their prior accounts.

Sixth, you keep banning people while watching in horror as hackers completely take over and ruin your game despite your best efforts.

Seventh, you make your next game into an always-online game in a hope being able to ban people from playing at all keeps the hacking under control.

See? Easy!

I voted for Singleplayer only, because I want a GOOD singleplayer game. If multiplayer it can be a standalone version in the far future when this game was a success. I mean I do not mind multiplayer, but we all know what happens when you focus on developing singleplayer and multiplayer same time…

I agree if implemented right I'd love to see multiplayer. Especially if one can "show-off" in a way their own character, that's why if they do, do, multiplayer I'm hoping its co-op or some variation to that. we have plenty of TDM and #vs# games out there and to see CDPR try to jump in on that IMO might compromise what they're trying to achieve, which is the #1 story.

Nope. While I wouldn't complain about Multiplayer for the sole reason that I know other people might want multiplayer, I'd like to see them release the game and then add Multiplayer later in a patch - in other words I don't want to see the game delayed longer just so that multiplayer can be added for launch. I certainly won't ever even click on the multiplayer option to look at it and I know there are a lot of other folks in that boat with me, so I'd say get the game out, get it nice and solid as far as performance, multi gpu support, bug fixes, etc. and then add multiplayer if desired.

I think no but maybe im selfish here, I plan to go back to Fallout 76 to get my online fix. If Fallout 76's bugs are too much for BGS, then I go to New World, but Im pretty sure Fallout 76 will end up as a great game.

I think no but maybe im selfish here, I plan to go back to Fallout 76 to get my online fix. If Fallout 76's bugs are too much for BGS, then I go to New World, but Im pretty sure Fallout 76 will end up as a great game.

Cyberpunk 2076 - similar basic idea, but on the same (Night City) map as the single player game, and free to play.

I'm fine with multiplayer as long as they focus on single player content first and make the multiplayer how is use to be 4 player splitscreen fights one another doings mini games.

Cyberpunk 2076 - similar basic idea, but on the same (Night City) map as the single player game, and free to play.

Sounds little bit risky to be honest. This genre isnt there yet, you gotta crawl before you can run. Deus EX is at 8 mill units solid, so yeah. Btw, online survival genre is gonna be so crowed in the future, it too this long for bigger companies to enter into it, like Fallout 76.

As others have said, co-op would be perfect. You already have a "partner" i have to say that I never like npc "partners" and their stupid dialog, and the assumption that we care about them or their stupid stories. They always get in the way. Aggghh.

Buuuuut, if i could play with my best friend, that's a different story. No one else, only the two of us and the game. Awesome.

Also, yeah, no co-op option in the poll!?

Sounds little bit risky to be honest. This genre isnt there yet, you gotta crawl before you can run. Deus EX is at 8 mill units solid, so yeah. Btw, online survival genre is gonna be so crowed in the future, it too this long for bigger companies to enter into it, like Fallout 76.

I am not sure, it seems many developers try to make these shared world MMO lite looter shooters nowadays, so a Cyberpunk spin-off along similar lines would not be that surprising. But definitely not as a full price game, especially after Fallout 76 and Anthem. However, an approach more like GTA or Red Dead Online seems more viable, by making the multiplayer game free, and reusing the single player map.

I am not sure, it seems many developers try to make these shared world MMO lite looter shooters nowadays, so a Cyberpunk spin-off along similar lines would not be that surprising. But definitely not as a full price game, especially after Fallout 76 and Anthem. However, an approach more like GTA or Red Dead Online seems more viable, by making the multiplayer game free, and reusing the single player map.
Fallout 76 and Anthem seem to be relying on the looter shooter aspects of their games to sell their games. Apparently on the assumption that combat and loot is all a game needs to sell.

if i wanted to have a multiplayer in a rpg i would just play NV:MP (New Vegas: Multi-Player mod) and i've used that mod for about less then 2 hours. (thats kinda the only way to do multiplayer rpg to me, where you join a faction and play the game normal-ish-ly and theres more of a foces on role playing as your charater via in game chat box)

Top Bottom