Weekly Poll 9/17/18 - The Multiplayer Question

+

Do You Want Multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077?

• Total voters
Multiplayer - Good Idea or No?

Yes I know we have another similar thread around here, but that's a -lot- of options and it's kind of, hrm, not to the point.

So, here, this one is to the point.

And no, please don't decide that CDPR can't afford the resources. If they need the resources, they can raise them. Just presume they can afford to hire the people they need -specifically- for this. Let CDPR run their business, they are good at it.

Multiplayer - do you want it?

List of Polls to date: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/collected-weekly-polls-thread.10984601/

Last edited:
I'd like to see an expand-alone MMO set the the 2077 universe, or a proper co-op campaign (as opposed to shoe-horning it into the existing story).

The only "multi"player mode in single-player games I've ever liked is coop or 1v1 with one friend. Never had good experiences in true multiplayer modes.

So no, I don't need multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077.
Based on what has been shown and said so far, the game will have plenty of content with just the single-player, so wanting more content through multiplayer isn't an argument for me either.

All in all, multiplayer holds no appeal for me.

YES, some very talented people made this huge and beautiful city, would be a waste to not play against some fellow edgerunners in it.
Or atleast cruise around with a friend.

Every time I see one of these related to an RPG or a creative game, "No" always wins by a landslide.

My bet is it will win this time too.

Oh, and I voted no, but that's because I just don't think it will serve the game well.

There are enough ( too many imho) mmo and coop games already. I would rather see CDPR make more unique single player content than waste time with multi, but to each his own.

It depends on the implementation and how much it effects the single player campaign. If it effects single player, I'm probably not on board. But if it's its own thing, and it's well done, sure.

For me, I would love a Co-Op ( Voluntary of course) mode in Night City. Friendly fire option, for extra fun.

There are some people I want to...adventure...with. To the Combat Zone!

I chose that I don't care. Only RPGs that I've played with MP where Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. Both had MP as a co-op horde mode. Played it a few times with ME3, enjoyed it somewhat but it felt like a completely different type of game.

Should MP in Cyberpunk be something comparable, I'd skip it, as I dislike MP FPS. Co-op would be more interesting, but would it be more tgan just some arena shooting?

Anything more complex than a co-op ala Borderlands would probably take too long and eat up resources that could be better spent on the base game. I'd love a co-op, but not at the detriment of the game.

Any boring game can be less boring with friends. Since there's no going back (MP is indeed in R&D after all), bring it on.

But personally, I want something more special than TDM/regular coop/Battle synthesizer. A full-blown storyteller mode where GM tells it's own night city story - designs quests, places enemies and loot, you name it. RPGs are multiplayer in heart anyway before personal computers came along, why not compensate some of the PnP freedom loss with storyteller mode?

I'd be interested in seeing what this looks like as a multiplayer game, but I want it to be a separate game built to be an online experience, not a single player that was converted into online functionality compromising both games.

Perhaps that will be the other AAA release planned until 2021, it does not seem implausible.

Perhaps that will be the other AAA release planned until 2021, it does not seem implausible.
It has to be it, no way they could make an actual new AAA game in that time. Too bad they even bother, I would rather take another quest or a full fledged npc than anything multi.

No, no, please don't :(
Please a new Dark Fantasy Rpg (AAA Story-driven Rpg)
uOnBVv.jpg

I was surprised to see this topic again. I said 'depends on what it is'. As I mentioned in a previous post, I've had way too many bad experiences with on-line MP/MMO games and avoid it now. I would be open to a Co-op environment where you could bring in a friend (SR3 as an example) and play or just explore. From what I have seen in the preview, this is an awesome world and sharing it with a friend would be fun. But if implementing an MP / MMO environment affects the single player game or story line then I would say no. The good folks at CDPR did a wonderful job creating this world and it would be fun to share it with a friend. Just my thoughts on the subject... :)

Anything more complex than a co-op ala Borderlands would probably take too long and eat up resources that could be better spent on the base game. I'd love a co-op, but not at the detriment of the game.
Personnaly I'm against spending ressources in MP until the other Roles are implemented in the game.

First, if they need the resources CDPR will raise them, it's literally in the first message.

Second, making a game of this size and detail singleplayer-only is such a mortal sin, is as wrong as making a multiplayer-only game.

It surprises me how many people are so narrow minded about MP and give such pitiful reasons against it, there is more to it than DM or Coop, have some imagination.

Top Bottom