Weekly Poll 9/9/19 - Multiplayer Is Coming! MP Redux!

+

This multiplayer, what will interest you?

• Total voters
I'm a 4,5,6,8 vote

I'd like it to be primarily like GTAO, same open world with missions in it that can be played co op with the included danger of having real players in the world. AI poses little to no real threat most of the time. Real players add a challenge of unpredictability that hasn't been matched by any game's AI that I've seen

I do think some 'missions' should be separately instanced as well, just like GTAO. Sign up for the job, all load into a waiting list and then load into the instance of the mission.

GTAO community aside, they did it better than anyone before them or after.

2, 4, 8 Primarily I hope it's team based questing in Night City.

I hope that some of those quests (clearly labeled as PvP) can put your co-op group against another co-op group either opposed to your objective or try to achieve the same objective. So like one team defends information while the other team attacks. OR both teams are trying to extract the same information for different buyers, that sort of thing.

I would also like there to be some missions that are more classic PvE multiplayer. In that I hope the missions are still story based with "scenes" and scenes can work by making the player who "starts" a conversation by first clicking on the NPC the primary person, and each of the other MP players having opportunities to interject at times in a conversation. That would be cool, and seems doable.

10 is the one that matters the most to me.

I don't think there is a good way of integrating V into any kind of multiplayer without breaking Immersion.
co-op would be nice, a good TDM or DM mode could be extremely fun as well, but in the end I want any form of multiplayer to be completely seperate from the SP gamestate. If it's in NC, it should be a NC that hasn't been influenced by our SP decisions and we shouldn't be playing as V.

I've never found a multiplayer game which could draw my attention in 25ish years of gaming, chances that CP will be different are close to zero. If that's the case, 5 and 7: it must be single player stuff that can ALSO be played online (but it's not compulsory, so nothing like GTA) and I want to use my V since I'll spend a lot of time to create her/him.

Other than that, egoistically speaking, I'd prefer it's something with no narrative at all, something like a classic COD multiplayer so I know that not playing it won't make me miss anything interesting.

Today I've played a little bit of red dead online to try the new "role-playing" stuff, I got kicked out from the session for who knows what 3 times in 15 minutes and when I played a mission we had to restart it 3 times because some random guy couldn't understand he had to catch a thief alive. Also, I wanted to spare the thieves, but the other 3 random guys decided to kill them so I also got several bad karma/reputation/whateverit'scalled points. Which annoyed me.
I'll try again but I don't think this works with me.

Plus, multiplayer has so many loading screens that drive me crazy.

1, 2, 10.

I’ve no idea what to ask for. I’ve played so little multiplayer; 1 and 2. Those I’ve played ...and since TB hotseats are out of the question.

And 10. Yeah, MP -> SUPERseparate. Its own title if possible.

Smething like group heists or high-profile assassination missions sound OK, so options 8 and 9. I really hate PvP.

Like, re-enacting Johnny's attack on Arasaka, that sounds pretty cool.

Sild

Ex-moderator
4 and 10. Basically Night City and Badlands with everything that entails. Completely new character, jobs, professions, activities that wouldn't make sense main story wise, clans etc. etc. All or nothing, yep. What? I can dream, right?

Id enjoy some Co op style missions that you can do with a 4 person group of friends. Like going into specific settings as a MAX-TAC team... or Trauma Team rescues. That would be a lot of fun.

Not sure which that fits with best in the poll... so all the coop options.

My vote is 4,5,8,9
Why in the world would I want to remake my character again we should have the option to reuse are character, Story mode co-op would be amazing. And of course I'm up for GTA online style in Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer.

4. If we're not getting any party coop quests, then I'd love to just hang out with my friends overseas.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

10 for me, I want it 100% separate, every MP unlock (weapon, upgrade, cyberware, etc) should be MP only.

I almost voted 10 as well, I want it separate in the sense of not related to the SP campaign at all. However, I would like it if the levels, weapons, armors and some NPCs in the SP campaign also existed in MP. However the stories should be unrelated.

Last edited:
I am definitely with 9. 7. and 2.

Although I am not quite sure about the kind of things that should be linked from SP, at least somethings from there should be in MP.

As to specific places, well, for starters, I find the Blackwall as a good candidate. It will even provide a good background to MP modes in order to give them a purpose as the goal would be either to successfully breach or defend the wall. For instance, we could have a hack the node mode, similar to capture the flag, where both teams, attackers and defenders, are fighting over the control of these nodes. I believe this will provide a good balance between classes. Solos, from either teams, will provide cover fire to their fellow netrunners and techies to capture the nodes. As an extra challenge, netrunners would be capable to capture the nodes much faster than techies, but at the same time techies would not be interrupted when getting hit during the hack. Or maybe keep it purely relying on the fast reflexes of each player when executing hacking commands.

The Blackwall setting would also provide some sort of a periodical challenge that can be used to show, lets say each month, the percentage of successful defenses or breaches in the Blackwall. Maybe this could provide some bonuses to either attackers or defenders, similar to For Honor.

This is all based on the assumption that we are going to have the same classes. I hope this is the case, and I also wouldn't mind having extra classes.

What to expect? Just 8, but only because I have nearly zero expectations about multiplayer.

Honestly, apart of it probably sharing the core mechanics of the single player component (FPP, combat and roleplaying), I have no damn idea what to expect from it :LOL:

I’ve played GTA V but not its Online component, plus I haven’t tried Dark Souls yet, so I don’t know how well could those formulas work in the Cyberpunk setting and with 2077’s mechanics: like bread and butter perhaps? Or too much uncontrolled chaos, even for a place like Night City? And I just can’t picture 2077’s MP component being limited to FPS modes (deathmatch, battle royale, CTF, etc). The game has much, much to offer.

---

What I’d like it to be “in my wildest dreams”? 4, 8, and 10. A virtual version of Night City (and the Badlands of course), separated from the “real” Night City, with its own storyline, where I can play either as an extension of V or a completely separate character, and with all the action and RPG mechanics of the base game oriented towards team-based activities: heists, gang wars, racing, coliseums, story-focused quests of course (it’s CDPR’s strength after all), and just hanging out in the city.

I can't really pick any of the options. But I agree with Mauricio, 2077's multiplayer needs to have more to it than simple deathmatch, battel royale, etc. modes. That's dreadfully boring, and no offense to CDPR, but their shooting chops are simply not good enough (From what I have seen) to warrant such modes. Leave that stuff to the pros over at Activision.

I'd prefer CDPR focus their efforts on some sort of seamless coop mode, which I've detailed in the past but don't want to get into again here.

4,5,8,9,10 These options sound nice. Otherwise, I really don't know what to expect, but I definitely don't want invasions. Until more information is revealed I'm hoping for co-op MP quests that will serve as a nod to the tabletop experience. I prefer this over classic multiplayer modes, though it's easy to see how a deathmatch would be re-imagined as the combat zone, team deathmatch with psychos, etc.

Last edited:
Just thinking about the opportunities to make multiplayer its own 'unique' title.. one option could be a take on corporate wars where you can team up with others for a series of missions to lead to a finale. Either as a co-op PvE or even PvP. This could be interesting to pursue.

4, 5, and 8.

If I were to play multiplayer I'd definitely want to be with friends or at least people I know to some extent. Also, all on the same team.
The map should be the same as in the main game so that it wouldn't be necessary to learn multiple maps (and then get them confused at the worst possible times :p ).

Top Bottom