Weekly Poll 9/9/19 - Multiplayer Is Coming! MP Redux!

+

This multiplayer, what will interest you?

• Total voters
5, 8, and 10.

I really don't like it when MP aspects start making their way into my SP experience. If I should want to play a multiplayer game, I would buy a multiplayer game or load the multiplayer option. I don't really care for games that force me into an MP mode and "bottle" SP stuff within it. Don't mind bringing the SP character into the MP world, but I'd probably create a new character for MP anyway, even if I had the option.

As for the gameplay, I wouldn't be against typical MP modes (Deathmatch, CTF, etc.), but I do hope we get something like co-op quests specifically designed for teams of people. Across the whole of NC, of course. ;) I'd rather see private or small-group instances of the whole world with highly detailed game modes...rather than limited areas filled with hundreds of players bunnyhopping everywhere while wearing neon bikinis and firing randomly into the air.

Honestly from what i saw in the poll i don't specifically want any of those. Me and a few friends had spoken at length about what we'd like to see with the multiplayer for Cyberpunk 2077. We can to the agreement that we would like to have a GTA style multiplayer, Where tons of players were in the world doing stuff. Mind you without the ton of micro transactions. but this certainly seems like a game that would be crazy cool with having basically an mmo multiplayer.

Dark Souls style invasions would be atrocious, otherwise I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't interfere with single player.

I want cops vs robbers, kind of like GTA 5 style RP. It could be even better than GTA 5 due to the additional depth of hacking and the Net. Robbers could hack buildings to create diversions or disable security systems, and cops could act as Netwatch to do digital forensics on the hacks and track down the robbers and either arrest or kill them.

I'm fully against multiplayer. It's the waste of resources. Still, if people desire it, and I can't halp it, let them have it.
The only multiplayer experience I enjoyed was Survival mode in The Division. Something like that, I'd look into.

Guest 4211861

I can't wait for 11 year-old noobs joining MP matches and constantly jumping on everything, way to break immersion. Not to mention cheaters, that's gonna be fun, when the lead guy spawns like 90 turrets.

Heist-style co-operative content where a group of players would have to achieve a common objective. Could even use existing maps in a separate instance of the game world for that.
(or maybe be original and throw someone a different objective. Traitor-mechanic from the tabletop games, I dont think anybodys implemented that to a video game yet)

Want competitive content, just pit two teams against each other.

True MMO is a fever dream at this point.. And probably not the best choice either way. Even GTA5 online is best enjoyed solo or only you and your friends on the server.

I want MP separate minus for on thing: is there is TPP animations (normal as you see other players), use them to make better animations for V too.

I actually want the death match of Assassin Creed: Black Flag, the hunt mode!
Yes, I want the stealth gameplay for MP!
:facepalm:

Maybe they can explore more social side of TTRPGs through online, so i vote for 4. and 10. And maybe some features or aspects that they were not able to fully explore like car customization or multiple properties can be tried here, alongside some classes like Media or Rockerboy from the source material.

i dont mind a coop with someone else online but the enemy ais has got to be ramped up. something meaningful that requires teamwork.

I'll take a look at CP2077 multi-player when it comes out but I seriously doubt I'll play it at all if it's PvP focused.

I'll take a look at CP2077 multi-player when it comes out but I seriously doubt I'll play it at all if it's PvP focused.
Same here. Even if they manage to make it super groundbreaking and fresh from the countless other PvP FPS shooters out there, I feel it would be wasted potential.

So many options.

But I only can say "speak on experience" about this from games I've played.

If I could add to take in consideration to this type of mode. Let it be far from different and take the good things what co-op online has to offer, seeing from experience other companies have done right by now, since CDPr is thinking in making an addition to this world into online. What comes to mind is what R* has done with GTA V and recently with RDr2. Taking in consideration the good side of the stories that they have branched out of.

There is a good thing in making co-op online, that is always the best route for people that just like to make friends or play with friends. One thing we can all agree on is the debacle to have a pvp mode included in a pve co-op environment (server) hindering the experience and enjoyment of people that has a different state of mind when playing just with friends. If CDPr is thinking on that idea, they have to create a different server/mode to it. That's law.

I personally see Cyberpunk 2077 taking more advantage by enriching the experience trough co-op lore online story, since this game has so much to offer outside of the expansions CDPr will add and the main base game of course. For example what R* has done with GTA V and RDr2. This two games have enriched the experience enclosing the main story in a cohesive manner with hints of what the past could connect with main story of the game. That is something CDPr could tackle in many different ways regarding the lore of the game depending on the route they are thinking into going suing online co-op experience.

By now I think is kind of obvious my leniency is towards co-op online. I just see so much potential out of it, from what other companies have already established as a norm. Thinking about it an online being something so enriching to get through with friends. The befores or afters depending on what year is the online mode being set. If the game is right after a few years the main plot, would be good to see an option to port the main character. That could be so much better. If it is years before any main plot/occurrence of main game plot? Yea sure, character creation again.

I wonder if by let's say, playing with two or three players or friends. The skills that we have will be taking into consideration. I mean, imagine you being netrunner and you are with a solo heavy weapons and a corpo that has a very good talking thing into or out of. How everything will pan out and the mixed playthroughs we as players can come up with as a team into any type of moment in any story we can encounter. Also if there is an option to hack into players playthroughs, let's say there is an option to activate hacking into or let be hacked, like what the modes of Techland has with Dying Light. Will be good to see with friends as a competitive interaction.

Last edited:
Also if there is an option to hack into players playthroughs, let's say there is an option to activate hacking into or let be hacked, like what the modes of Techland has with Dying Light. Will be good to see with friends as a competitive interaction.
Speaking about Dying Light... I remember mentioning this in some other thread and I'm totally on board with you. Be the Zombie, what a gamemode. Basically busting into someone's party, scaring the shit outta players. Actually, this gm was kinda the reason why DL was still alive. Some peeps even turned it into some half-competitive game. Would be fun to see some kind of invasion in CP2077. Obviously, no zombies or creepy stuff, but with some kind of struggle between sides. ALSO ALSO, imagine if the outcome of this invasion would actually have some influence on the host's world. I mean, devs said that in CP2077 nothing goes by plan, so will it reinforce this statement? Oh, heck yeah. Will it piss off some players? Y-y-yea, I guess, but... who stops you from toggling "invasions" just like in Dying Light?
Another thing is coop walkthrough. Just another fixer to help you out as ally. Imagine a mission, arms/tech deal. Some dialogue, you're making a deal with Maelstrom and then poof, your ally points a boom-stick because he noticed that this deal is a set-up. Ally is a street-kid, he sees a set-up with ease. And so, shootout begins. Now, rewind. Without him, you deal with those sketchy dudes and get hustled. Again, a bit more of "not-going-by-plan". Also also also, if you that afraid for in-game progress (or, should I say, influence on your Night City), devs can make option to intervene only in some "unimportant to plot missions". Just look at the video I've attached, but imagine Trevor being your co-op buddy.
And... for those who really want dumb, absolutely misplaced direct PvP action... Fightclubs. VR Fightclubs. You go there, jack in, game finds a foe, you fight. Same loadouts, same level (cos imagine some lvl 9000 dude vs some poor soul, who wanted to see wot is this). Win or lose a bet, depends on outcome. Leave.

Last edited:
@Sewagrid_MNDS yep, that's the mode in DL. The name was not present to me. CDPr could go in so many routes. Surely would be interesting to see how it goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom