Weird bug: cannot loot remaining oil recipes

+
Weird bug: cannot loot remaining oil recipes

So, on my second playthrough, I now decided to get all the remaining available recipes, before proceeding in the story (Isle of Mists).
Anyway, whenever I try to loot a chest or container that is supposed to hold one of the recipes I still need (I used this for reference: http://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Oils ), I cannot loot the container. As seen in the screenshots I attached, the containers do glow when using Witcher sense, indicating they are lootable, but as soon as I get close to them, they stop glowing and I can't loot them. Same happened at different locations and in 2 other locations I got the recipe for the sword Baenshe instead of the oil recipe out of the container.
Also attached a screenshot of my mod list, already tried with Everlasting Oils deactivated, still same problem.

Attachments

• 20160521042555_1.jpg
    20160521042555_1.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20160521042601_1.jpg
    20160521042601_1.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20160521042644_1.jpg
    20160521042644_1.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Witcher mods.PNG
    Witcher mods.PNG
    24.7 KB · Views: 42
This could be a bug, or it could be the old activator issue popping up again. Switch your resolution to 1080p if it isn't already. It's also possible to just "pixel-hunt" for the sweet spot that will let you activate them. It can also be caused by any mod that fiddles with the UID.

If none of that works, send in a ticket to ye olde Tech Support.

This could be a bug, or it could be the old activator issue popping up again. Switch your resolution to 1080p if it isn't already. It's also possible to just "pixel-hunt" for the sweet spot that will let you activate them. It can also be caused by any mod that fiddles with the UID.

If none of that works, send in a ticket to ye olde Tech Support.

Thanks for the reply.
Already playing at 1080p.
Thing is, the bug only affects oil recipes, I can loot any other containers without problems. Tried using the auto loot mod now, can loot anything besides those recipes. :/

Thanks for the reply.
Already playing at 1080p.
Thing is, the bug only affects oil recipes, I can loot any other containers without problems. Tried using the auto loot mod now, can loot anything besides those recipes. :/

It's probably an engine issue thing...or maybe those two recipes were placed as quest specific things, and the flag to enable looting them hasn't triggered yet.

Top Bottom