Weird, infuriating, frustrating humming sound in B&W

+

iCake

Forum veteran
Weird, infuriating, frustrating humming sound in B&W

Hey all.

This is my second time playing B&W and I don't remember having this problem before. Basically, sometimes a constant ringing hum can be heard in the background and it really makes my head hurt so much... I made a quick research and it looks like the sound is related to Grandmaster Feline Gear.

Here you can hear the sound for yourself, not my video.

If it's really about feline armor and it definetely looks like it is, then I'm negatively shocked this hasn't been fixed yet. I really call CDPR out to fix this. Alas, they seem to be done with the game.

iCake

Forum veteran
Okay, after some testing of my own I can now say with certainty that the weird ringing, humming sound, which makes its way into your brains like a worm through mud, comes from 3/6 bonus from grandmaster cat gear - 50% bonus to fast attacks for 5 seconds after a successful strong attack. It looks like this sound is supposed to be playing only while the bonus is in effect. The problem is the sound doesn't stop when the bonus dies off.

It's astounding that we have these kinds of bugs in a supposedely polished, complete game. From what I could gather in internet this bug originates with the release of B&W, so 1.22 as far as I can tell. Having this drag through a couple of patches makes it even more difficult to believe it wasn't fixed. IMO, this is obnoxious. Reported this to tech support for whatever good that might do. Meanwhile, getting rid of my cat armor.

Do you get it when you exit the game and reload, or is it gone?

Can you check to ensure that your audio is set to 24 bit, 48000 Hz, Studio Quality? Also see that both check boxes for Exclusive Mode are ticked.

iCake

Forum veteran
SigilFey;n7305190 said:
Do you get it when you exit the game and reload, or is it gone?

Can you check to ensure that your audio is set to 24 bit, 48000 Hz, Studio Quality? Also see that both check boxes for Exclusive Mode are ticked.

It goes away upon reloading, but the moment you get into a fight and get the bonus, the sound appears again and doesn't stop until next reloading, transfering to another zone or unequipping your granadmaster feline pieces down to 2/6 so that there's no bonus.

As for the audio, I'm on Xbox One, so I don't even have those options.

Well, that would be quite bothersome, then. Aside from CDPR Support, I don't know what to say about the console issue. (Perhaps Sapkowski could be convinced to work that into the lore. "Upon victory over their foes, Witchers of the Cat School often remove their boots, breeches, and gloves to dance the "Ring'a'Way", a process that supposedly relieves the dreaded ringing of the inner ear that many suffer from after prolonged battle...")

iCake

Forum veteran
SigilFey;n7305710 said:
Well, that would be quite bothersome, then. Aside from CDPR Support, I don't know what to say about the console issue. (Perhaps Sapkowski could be convinced to work that into the lore. "Upon victory over their foes, Witchers of the Cat School often remove their boots, breeches, and gloves to dance the "Ring'a'Way", a process that supposedly relieves the dreaded ringing of the inner ear that many suffer from after prolonged battle...")

LOL. I can only translate one of my favorite sayings in my native language to that. "This would have been so funny, if it wasn't so sad."

Meanwhile I've got a response from tech support. They suggested some "get the f.. away from us" solutions, like clearing the console cache and resyncing saves with the cloud. Funny thing though, when last I tried clearing my console cache I got this annoying recurring, exclusive to xbox one issue... "You cannot save right now". Lost more than an hour of progress...

Anyway, going to try that save thing for the record.

Well, for what it's worth, I do hope they give at least one more polish-pass to TW3 before turning off all the lights.

Top Bottom