Weird Texture flickering during NPC CALLS and interactions (Patch 1.62)

+
So basically, after new patch i have noticed weird glitch where textures start to flicker whenever NPC calls me or i have interaction with him (like conversation). That type of problem is only after recent patch 1.62. Before that everything was just fine. ( i am playing without RT on, just High settings with DLSS on )
Maby someone has similar problem???

I'm getting the same thing too. At first I thought it must've been a mod not working with 1.62.

I'm also getting texture flickering from objects like npcs, roads, and environmental items. Appears to happen after a prolonged gaming session. I don't recall seeing this happen prior to 1.62. The video below is the perfect example,

Any idea what's up with this?

I had that texture flickering happen to me only once and that was 6 months ago. Back then I played with my FPS capped at 90 and no RTX and naturally no mods at all. So both issues are vanilla.

I cannot tell you why or how it happened, all I know is that the game overtime degrades performance and drowns FPS, which has been reported countless of times and the suspects seem to be the NPCs which the game doesn't properly flush from memory. So after this I decided to cap my FPS to 60 and blast all settings to maximum with Psycho RTX, as I figured if it's ruining my performance then I may as well just play on max settings at 60FPS consistently. Never experienced it again in my 550 hour playthrough.

But lately I've seen at least two people reporting this unique texture flickering issue. You able to reproduce this consistently?

Last edited:
Yeah it happens pretty much consistently since 1.62 for each playing session. I'm not sure what is triggering it. I think it could be mods? But the thing is this texture flickering didn't happen prior to 1.62 for me. Which is way I'm wondering if this can be somewhat related to the texture flickering during npc calls but in my case it also affects certain other textures in the game to be flickering as well?

I am playing at 2k with ultra settings and DLSS. No frame generation since I'm on 3080. Also no ray tracing either. I have the fps capped at 144 though. I haven't tried playing the game at lower cap like 60 or even 75 yet. I'll try this and see what happens.

To me that flicker also shown by CrimsonRider happened during the mission Pisces before getting into the penthouse. I found out it was DLAA causing it.

edit: it happens also during holocalls.

Last edited:
If there are still issues, it's best to report them here:

I don't know if we can rule out mods entirely as they can impact a game even after they are removed, but reporting the issue is not a bad idea.

Personally I can confirm that both issues are vanilla, as I play the game purely as is intended so never used any mods whatsoever;
  • The DLSS flickering is a known issue introduced by the latest 1.62 update due to the latest technical additions (RTX Overdrive) that the game received.
  • The NPCs drastically randomizing textures on the other hand is most likely a cause of the game not properly flushing assets out of memory, which then massively clogs performance. Unfortunately I never got to properly investigate it because I only experienced it once in all of my playtime, but have reported both issues to the team.

Top Bottom