Weird TW3 dialogue bug

+
I searched online but I coudn't find an anwser nor someone having the same problem.
Basically, sometimes the characters talk as usual, other times they simply neither have the voices or the mouths move, I have the subtitles so I can see they should.
Sometimes in the same dialogue this happens several times, and one time it works the other deosn't.
I do have mods but I've been playing for a while and it just started, I also mostly use graphic mods so it shoudn't affect audio.
Any ideas? Is almost as I deactivated all dialogues in the game.

Upvote 0
I don't really know, but at least you can try that (from CP support about sound issue).
If you're experiencing issues with sound, try the troubleshooting below:
1. Reinstall your audio device drivers. If you have only integrated sound card, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and download and reinstall the latest motherboard audio drivers.
And also that if it's not already done.

PS : you can't be sure that it didn't come from the mods (or a mod interaction) even with no mod in relation with sound. It could happen after a certain quest/event and not before. Unfortunately, the bug/problem also could remain in save/game file even with remove/deactivate all the mods. I hope it's not the case :(
Post automatically merged:

If you start a new game (new save), the problem still occure ?
(easy and quick to know, there is a lot of dialogues at the beginning)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's starting to be less frequent, maybe is locasion wise? Since I only see this happening in Novigrad.
I'll do some other tests and update here, and if affected the save, honestly I'll live with it, it's just annoying but I won't go back so many hours (again) for this.
I know these are the consequences of usual too many mods, but I already restartted my NG+ two times because of mods :sad:

Upvote 0
It's starting to be less frequent, maybe is locasion wise? Since I only see this happening in Novigrad.
I'll do some other tests and update here, and if affected the save, honestly I'll live with it, it's just annoying but I won't go back so many hours (again) for this.
I know these are the consequences of usual too many mods, but I already restartted my NG+ two times because of mods :sad:
Ok, trying a new start, it was "simply" for see/verifying if it also happen or not.
(if not, it's not your system for sure and "maybe" not the "base" game itself).

Maybe in "heavy" areas where there is a lot of thing to load. If you have mods which concern cities in particular, maybe good to try without them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright so after a lot of tests I figured it out, it has nothing to do with my mods
Basically I was playing the game in polish and I got tired and decided to go back to english, somewhere with this some dialogues were "lost" thus the error
After a clean install (with the same mods by the way) everything it's working fine for hours
Apperantly this is an old bug but I was not searching the right key words to find the solution

Top Bottom