Weird water displacement bug in novigrad

+

CHC

Forum regular
It's also in several places in the main stream that runs through Novigrad - it begins in the docks area and ends around Dandelion's Inn.

If you look on the north side of it you'll see missing water under the stairs and planks where the water meets the stone walls.

Really hope CDPR can fix this if anyone from the studio is reading the thread. If it were in the middle of the woods somewhere I would say "who cares" but it's in the middle of the game's biggest city and you go these places as part of the main quest.

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of visual bugs and performance drops especially in B&W. like foliage or objects flickering in the distant as i'm on horseback but that's not the only weird visuals I've seen, there's also way more banding now with the new lighting in B&W, especially in interiors. for some reason, maybe it was after the last GOG patch I've had ridiculous performance drops now when using signs, like the fight with the Hermit, in that case we were both using magic. I thought B&W was going to be even better as far as optimization but it's not. I always stayed above 60fps with my 980 ti throughout this whole game. really irritating to be honest, not what I paid for.

Last edited:

CHC

Forum regular
I haven't had problems with flickering or anything, but the water bug is driving me crazy! The armor bugs can be reverted with a mod but I've had no luck modding water meshes, I don't think they are accessible to alter.

Does anyone from CDPR know if another patch is coming to fix a few of these remaining issues?

CHC;n137563 said:
Kaer Morehn armor:

Literally. Unplayable.

Dev's should definitely polish this game with a last patch or something, it's playable but stilled bugged. Maybe we can have a patch at the end of this year, who knows?

The only water glitch I've noticed is at the end of "Wandering in the Dark" when Keira teleports away and the lake's water vanishes for a couple seconds. I find it funny rather than a problem, especially since it only happens every third time or so.

The purple line in the Kaer Morhen armour is noticeable, but visible only from some angles and when the camera is fairly close to Geralt.

No Title

RidiculousName;n6933080 said:
The only water glitch I've noticed is at the end of "Wandering in the Dark" when Keira teleports away and the lake's water vanishes for a couple seconds. I find it funny rather than a problem, especially since it only happens every third time or so.

The purple line in the Kaer Morhen armour is noticeable, but visible only from some angles and when the camera is fairly close to Geralt.

It not only in Geralt's clothes, but also in NPC's clothes... And I don't think they will do anything, estimating from their attitude of ignoring emails.

This matter has been discussed for a long time. But most people just compromised...

Attachments

• photo78840.jpg
    photo78840.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 100
J.P.Qlash;n6961930 said:
It not only in Geralt's clothes, but also in NPC's clothes... And I don't think they will do anything, estimating from their attitude of ignoring emails.

This matter has been discussed for a long time. But most people just compromised...

The purple in that priest's clothes isn't even noticeable unless you really, really stare at him - or someone highlights it.

RidiculousName;n6962110 said:
The purple in that priest's clothes isn't even noticeable unless you really, really stare at him - or someone highlights it.

I do not support piracy and as a user I pay the game until HoS, since BW noticed a major oversight of errors so I skipped to buy it ...
We have every right to complain because they live on us and they without us are nothing ...
Regards!

RidiculousName;n6962110 said:

Trust me, this is quite obvious on PC, if you play with high resolution and large size monitor...

But just like I said before, most people are like you, they don't think so. So I think this matter is doomed to repeat.

The same question will be posted again, and the questioner will get the same response.

It's regrettable that CD Projekt don't make any response or reply.

CHC

Forum regular
Yes, it's really frustrating that the water bug isn't being addressed and doesn't seem like it will be fixed. Small stuff like the NPC clothes are annoying but probably won't really be noticed by many people, but the water is right in the middle of Novigrad, and appears bugged for everyone, not just a select few players. I totally understand that no game can be perfect (especially one this big) but stuff like glitched level geometry should at least be taken care of.

Threads merged!

What exactly did you need to alter to fix the bug, CHC?

Last edited:

CHC

Forum regular
SigilFey

Basically I had to to use Sarcen's W3Edit to access a Novigrad's "localwatershader.w2l" file, which essentially outlines a bunch of shapes for the various bodies of water to adhere to. The problem was that the sewer water's blockout box was too low on the Y axis, so it was "peeking" through in parts of the canal. I had to kind of piece together what coordinates it was happening at via moving Geralt using the console, then find the closest instance of water in the file.

Once I did that I had to move it around - the problem is if you move it too much, water shows up in the basements or sewers of the city. Which did actually happen in one small place - I just covered it with a crate

:facepalm:

Top Bottom