Weird water displacement bug in novigrad

+
Weird water displacement bug in novigrad

I'm noticing this weird water displacement bug in 3 locations in novigrad.

To see what I mean (sry about the quality :S):

1. https://vid.me/rLDv

2. https://vid.me/s3cf

3. https://vid.me/L0F7

On pc with no mods. As far as I can tell it was there since patch 1.21 if not earlier. Actually, I also remember this happening in skellige with some of the ships in open water which acted as spoils of war/points of interests. Don't remember their locations tho and I think the ships disappear once cleared as well.

Anybody else seeing this?

Attachments

• CF1JIHg.jpg
    CF1JIHg.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 197
  • bM11vuS.jpg
    bM11vuS.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 181
I'm noticing this weird water displacement bug in 3 locations in novigrad.

To see what I mean (sry about the quality :S):

1. https://vid.me/rLDv

2. https://vid.me/s3cf

3. https://vid.me/L0F7

On pc with no mods. As far as I can tell it was there since patch 1.21 if not earlier. Actually, I also remember this happening in skellige with some of the ships in open water which acted as spoils of war/points of interests. Don't remember their locations tho and I think the ships disappear once cleared as well.

Anybody else seeing this?

Never encountered something like this. Seems like a bug. What I've been bugged by though is the water displacement around ships on Skellige.

I mean what the hell is this?!

CHC

Forum regular
Yes I have the same problem! It's in the canal that cuts through the middle of Novigrad too.

CHC

Forum regular
Will there be another patch? Still some major visual bugs

just wondering if there is any official word on if there will be a "final" patch inbound for any platforms?

The game is mostly in a good state but there are some GLARING visual issues and some other bugs.

Things like certain NPC and player armor sets having lines of bright colors on them (bug showed up in 1.22, most visible on Kaer Morehn armor shoulders and bottom edge). In MANY parts of Novigrad the water edges are all bugged and there are "chunks" of water missing. Wouldn't be a big deal if it was some obscure corner of the map but it's RIGHT in the middle of town by the docks and moats - the water geometry is all bugged out since the B&W patch.

Still get weird floating objects inside of Corvo Bianco like the candlestick hovering in midair.

The game definitely needs just one last bit of love because, for the sake of the game's legacy, I'd hate for these bugs to linger forever.

Water glitch (not my own screenshots)

(notice how there is no water under the stairs - just stops in an abrupt "wall")

Kaer Morehn armor:

Last edited:
They definitely need to patch the game. Otherwise it will be a broken game they left. It's great game but has too many serious bugs

CHC

Forum regular
Exactly - I mean it's still playable but it'd really be a shame if the "permanent" version of the game was one with some really unfortunate glitches that for the most part weren't even there at launch.

They left broken things after breaking TW2, what makes you think the story won't repeat itself? Main feature (rune upgrades) from HoS expansion is still broken (armor enchancements are not working properly), so I wouldn't count on it.
Maybe they will release one last patch to make cpu/gpu temps higher without good reason and go work on CP2077.

I''ve finished TW3 with expansions, now I'm glad I won't have to bother with their games anymore.

I'm not sure what's up with the water. I haven't seen stuff like that, myself. The only water-related glitches I get are stuttering whales from time-to-time. I also do not have such a visible "blue line" on armor pieces. It's there, but I need to basically press my face against the screen to see it. Not sure why it's so pronounced on other systems.

Can everyone confirm what version they're running and what platform they are on?

Also, include which specific combination of DLC you have installed. Especially whether you are using HoS, B&W, or both.

CHC

Forum regular
Sure, I'm on Windows 10, using Steam with the latest version of Witcher III (I think it's 1.31). I have all the DLC installed (both expansions and the 16 free packs). Card is an nVidia GTX 1070 with 375.57 drivers (latest).

I've had the issue since the Blood and Wine launch patch and I've tried a full reinstall, repair, and also played on two different cards. It doesn't seem to a "bug" exactly, just some misplaced geometry, like the edges end before they hit the terrain.

Thanks for looking into this.

CHC

Forum regular
Yeah it started in the 1.21 patch and it's always there, regardless of visual settings or save state. I even started a new game to see if it was a corrupted save, but it's there even on a fresh save file.

I hope they can patch this, it's quite an eyesore and it seems like it would be pretty simple to correct!

CHC

Forum regular
I have 1.31 installed but the water issue is still there.

Do you not have it in your game? It's most visible in the main canal that runs through Novigrad.

CHC

Forum regular
It's definitely conceivable you might not notice, but I am curious if you see these artifacts when you go to that spot? It's in the canal in Novigrad and at least one other area, where the sewers let out onto the docks area in the city. I'd bet it will be there if you look.

Can anybody please share a screenshot with the location on the map for the water glitch?
I'm not able to open the attachment in this thread.

I see it now! Never noticed this glitch at all in all the time I've played this game :D
I think this is easily missable, because you generally approach this part of the area in the quest "Now or Never" from the sewer side and it triggers a cut-scene once you come out of it.

Holy cow, the water glitch is real. Once you see it you'll wish you hadn't. Needs fixing ASAP.

I'm running the latest Steam version with both expansions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom