Weirdest game breaking bug I've encountered

+
Weirdest game breaking bug I've encountered

So currently, I cannot draw my swords or cast signs at all. If i'm attacked I can punch things and roll around, but no magic, no razor edges. I started a new game on a separate save file and the problem isnt happening for that file. I'd love to know a fix so I don't have to abandon my current 30 hours of gameplay

If you try to draw sword or cast sign what happens? Does Geralt play any animation at all? Is there some onscreen message?

I've had a similar problem. I was stuck to only one sign. Using hotkeys or the wheel to select other signs did not work. Restarting the game, resaving, reloading did not solve the issue. Other savegames did not have that problem.

When/how did it happen?

Very shortly after finishing off the last drowner in an encounter I quicksaved the game while I was in water (very likely mid transition animation from swimming to walking). After reloading the savegame I could not select other signs besides the one I had selected at the time of saving.

How did I solve it?

I had to use an older save game.

no animation with swords, when I cast, it says "you cannot do that at this time" even in combat

---------- Updated at 01:18 PM ----------

No problems, I know this is a pretty weird issue. This happened towards the middle of Carnal Sins. I thought it might just have been a story part, but It stayed afterwards, and I'm currently running A deadly plot where it is effecting me. I didnt do anything specific before that I know of.

Currently filing a report, thanks!

no animation with swords, when I cast, it says "you cannot do that at this time" even in combat

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with water, like Sapath said. I get this message when I try to jump into the water when I'm already in the water. In my case it's not a bug, but I think in your case the program thinks you are still in the water.

Top Bottom