Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but this place can get a bit mad as well. For example: @wichat @EmperorZorn and yourself!

Any problem?

LISTEN UP !
All new recruits front and center !
And you....newboy..... get down off the horse...that comes much later !
The trial of the grasses has begun so grab your gear uh swords and get your butts on the gauntlet !
Oh and btw welcome to the forums :p

Hi everyone :)
I`m new here, but I`ve been reading the forums for some time, and thought I`d say hi.

I`m Eddard, of Winterfell... no I`m not, but I love the books :D I`m from Ireland. :)
I picked up Witcher 2 a few months ago, and I really loved it. I haven`t played Witcher 1 yet, but I am planning to, and then to play Witcher 2 again, with different decisions. The game is amazing, I loved every moment of it, the graphics, the story, everything, and I will definitely get Witcher 3, can`t wait! :D
Currently, I`m studying marketing. As my hobbies, I love reading, especially the Game of Thrones. I also watch some movies, when I get time.
I guess that`s all I could say about meself.

Hello @Eddard20

You are most welcome. Another leprechaun for our Forum.

Since you do love reading, check out the Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski. They are so very cool. People say that the Game of Thrones and the Witcher games are quite similar in a sense, so I would say you will like the books as well. :)

Come on over to the Hairy Bear for a "drink". Cheers!
:cheers:

Hello @Eddard20

Since you do love reading, check out the Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski. They are so very cool. People say that the Game of Thrones and the Witcher games are quite similar in a sense, so I would say you will like the books as well. :)

:

Thanks! I might get it :D Yes. I have noticed similarities. After playing witcher 2, I started watching the TV-show of Game of Thrones, and I have noticed similarities, so it might be a really good idea to get the books. :)

Hello, I am very new to the Witcher world, so I am a complete newbie. I have a lot to learn.

I am currently playing The Witcher 2, of which I am currently part way through Act 3 of Roche's path. I have to say I am really enjoying the game. I have created a save at the crossroads, so I can play Iorveth's path when I have finished my current play through. I have to admit I am very drawn to Iorveth :heart:!

Because I have liked it so much, I have downloaded the first game (although my keyboard/mouse skills are not great) and the first two Witcher books, so I can learn a bit more about the characters and lore. I have to admit that I am a bit late to the Witcher party, I think in part because I had heard a few misogynist things about the games and as a female I do have some issues with that kind of thing. But I am glad I gave it a try and now I love it! It has a great story and characters (even the ones I hate!).

I do love playing RPGs and action/adventure type of games and I play on both PC and consoles (don't hate me, I love my Xbox and PS too!) I am also from the UK, I love Doctor Who and Game of Thrones. I have already pre-ordered The Witcher 3 and I don't pre-order that often!

Welcome @Newschmoo !

Nobody is late to the Witcher Party, cause the party always goes on!

I'm glad you gave the Witcher franchise a chance. You will start realizing that it is not how some people believe it to be. Of course there are sexist/racist/violent characters in the games and books, but that does not mean that the series or the authors promote that. Quite the contrary in fact. You just need to give it a shot to find out, and not listen to vague accusations, that are pretty much unjustified. Anyway, there are threads here about these issues, if you are interested.

This is the one that is still open. (Moderators had to lock some threads about it, due to trolling mostly.)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/31026-Sarkeesian-predicts-Witcher-3-will-be-quot-misogynist-quot

For now, I'm glad to see a new member, and we hopefully you will get to meet more people on other threads. Trust me most people here are great. Just my opinion. :p

Cheers!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi @Newschmoo, welcome. The doors of this forum are open wide for new blood come in!

I'm a female gamer too, and you'll see we are several number here. And I can asure you there is nothing of misogynism in the Witcher's world. On the contrary. Clear your mind, enjoy the story (I love Ioverth too ;)) and tell your female (and male) friends how exicting is this game!!

We are waiting for all of you!

It's never late for joining the best!

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope to do more posts and meet more people in the forums soon (particularly if I get stuck!) I am not sure what REDpoints are but I am guessing they are 'likes' or something along those lines :)

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope to do more posts and meet more people in the forums soon (particularly if I get stuck!) I am not sure what REDpoints are but I am guessing they are 'likes' or something along those lines :)

I'm not sure what REDpoints are either, but people throw them at me whenever I post spam.
So they must be something like rocks, bricks or empty beer bottles.

Oh, and welcome to the forum~ !

or tomatoes...

In fact REDpoints are used like REDcards in football... but inversely. There's no standard scale for give them, Me, for example, I give them when I feel altruistic. I never notice about funny, smiles or talented people.... why must I do? I'm too tired to do it!

Been a while, here's a recent pic of me (taken last month or so)

New rig, got it on 14th August :D Since I'm a film making student, unlike my counterparts who mostly go for Macs, this is my new beast. Work aside, I'm really waiting for TW3 :p TW2 WITH UBERSAMPLING ON LOOKS GORGEOUS I WANTED TO CRY.

Say hi to the new member of my family, Alienware 17 :D

Also my other older one, M14xR1, which I actually got in 2011 for TW2 :p
At this rate, I'm going to buy a new rig everytime CDP releases a game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom