Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just pre-ordered the game I cant wait to play :D
I have a question, in all open world games the hour goes by 1h per min and 1min per second, but in the CP77 gameplay that I watched it seems that the minutes go by in real time min that said the hours in game will take longer to pass which is really great for me.
Am I right or will the hour in the game go a little slow during the missions?
Thanks and sorry if my english is wrong :p

Hello, I just pre-ordered the game I cant wait to play :D
I have a question, in all open world games the hour goes by 1h per min and 1min per second, but in the CP77 gameplay that I watched it seems that the minutes go by in real time min that said the hours in game will take longer to pass which is really great for me.
Am I right or will the hour in the game go a little slow during the missions?
Thanks and sorry if my english is wrong :p

"CD Projekt RED has made it so you'll be able to role-play and take in all the sights at your own pace, making it so a full day takes approximately 3 hours in the real world." So every minute in real life is about 8 minutes in game world.

"CD Projekt RED has made it so you'll be able to role-play and take in all the sights at your own pace, making it so a full day takes approximately 3 hours in the real world." So every minute in real life is about 8 minutes in game world.
Incredible, I loved knowing that. Thanks for answering:D(y)

@Rawls look man I feel like I fighting you for a straight answer. I was just throwing something out there as an example. If our save data is in the cloud/server and we have the game on multiple platforms will it be able to pull our latest save from the cloud/server? Please just answer or say I don't know I am not sure why you are dodging the question by asking questions.

@Rawls look man I feel like I fighting you for a straight answer. I was just throwing something out there as an example. If our save data is in the cloud/server and we have the game on multiple platforms will it be able to pull our latest save from the cloud/server? Please just answer or say I don't know I am not sure why you are dodging the question by asking questions.
I'm not dodging. We just don't have a firm answer on cross platform save transfers, other than PS4-PS5 works and XB1-XBX works. My guess is other than that the answer is no. If there are no subscription fees to constantly maintain servers for that sort of thing, then it seems unlikely IMO. So we don't know but my guess is no. That's why I asked what sort of fee model FFXI had (it's been a long time since I've read anything about that game).

I just want to thank all of those involved in creating this game - everyone at CD Projekt! There truly aren't many things I fall in love with, in anticipation, and feel excited about (maybe being dedicated enough to go to the midnight launch of GTA IV in 2008 was the last major exciting game for me) - but ever since that first teaser in 2012/13, it's always been something on my mind. After everything that started happening 2 years ago with the new YouTube video uploads, i've had this great thing to look forward to. And I can' t thank you enough for giving me something so fun & creative to anticipate, through all of these years! Congratulations on creating this special artwork - I can sense the hard work and extreme passion, and I hope to be able to play and experience what you've created, sometime next year (if finances work in my favor) :). I'm probably the only person on earth, who is looking forward to buying/reading the 'Official Complete Guide' book, before actually playing the game (book coming out in January, I think). Very eager, to immerse in that!

Thank you again, CD Projekt team! :giggle:

Hello. =)
I am new to this company games, Cyberpunk 2077 will be my first.
So, that being said, I am wondering, since this is a single player game will I need to be online to play?

Hello. =)
I am new to this company games, Cyberpunk 2077 will be my first.
So, that being said, I am wondering, since this is a single player game will I need to be online to play?
No. Although you may need to be online to download the game initially or get any patches or updates.

I wanted to know why the game was decided to be made DRM free. No DRM literally means the game will be cracked in less than 48 hours. CDPR has worked hard for years to give us the biggest game of the century so far. Then why no DRM. All the hard work of years down the drain??

I wanted to know why the game was decided to be made DRM free. No DRM literally means the game will be cracked in less than 48 hours. CDPR has worked hard for years to give us the biggest game of the century so far. Then why no DRM. All the hard work of years down the drain??
Because that's kind of CD Projekt Red's philosophy.

“We released [The Witcher 3] without any copy protection,” Iwiński says, via Kotaku. “So, on day one, you could download the game from GOG, and give it to a friend (enemy as well)… and still we sold near to ten-million units across all three platforms. But the piracy factor was irrelevant, because we cannot force people to buy things. We can only convince them to do it.

“We totally believe in the carrot, not in the stick… I’ve seen many times, comments [that say] ‘Hey, I couldn’t afford the game when it was full price, but these guys are so fair, and they were never against us. They were always trying to do good, add a lot of value, give free DLC, give free content, that I bought the game from them when it was mid-price.’
Source :

Hi, I'm Roland. Software engineer from Latvia. Not sure where to ask this, but I'll post here. I saw the scuba diving scene from Cyberpunk 2077 and noticed a flaw in the character movement. The character was using his hands to swim which is something you don't really do when scuba diving. Maybe only in tight spots like caves or wrecks. If it's possible, I'd suggest fixing this minor issue if anyone else considers this a valid point.

Welcome, @JohnWick7796 !
Because that's kind of CD Projekt Red's philosophy.

Pretty much. DRM, while not the end of the world, is both added cost to the projects (since most DRM protection in 3rd-party, and it needs to be purchased by a studio in order to use it), and it's something that can create unexpected hurdles or hassles for the player (especially with online-only requirements and such). And...it largely doesn't stop unscrupulous people from stealing the game anyway.

Thus, it's extra expense that potentially inconveniences paying customers and won't really stop the thieves.

Or, a studio can forego the DRM concern altogether and focus exclusively on making games that people want to buy.

Hi, I'm Roland. Software engineer from Latvia. Not sure where to ask this, but I'll post here. I saw the scuba diving scene from Cyberpunk 2077 and noticed a flaw in the character movement. The character was using his hands to swim which is something you don't really do when scuba diving. Maybe only in tight spots like caves or wrecks. If it's possible, I'd suggest fixing this minor issue if anyone else considers this a valid point.

Welcome, @Roland_Jegorov !

Heh -- no matter the production values, there will always be a detail like that which slips through the cracks! (Let's pretend thaaaaaat...cybernetic enhancements to the arms increase propulsion under water to a greater extent than they would create drag compared to a person's natural strength and movement while swimming. [Uses his foot to carefully slide his bag of BS further under the couch.])

Hello, looking forward to this game. Should be fun.
Post automatically merged:

If possible, could a Mod make the bottom half of this post into a thread?

Tips on getting a 3080 from Newegg.

I was able to purchase a 3080 this past Friday from Newegg, the Asus ROG Strix 3080 oc edition. For those trying to get a card, here's my tip. Newegg has a "in stock" switch that briefly appears when searching for 3080's or w/e. When you see the card you want appear on the page with the "in stock" switch on. You call Newegg, instead of waiting for the "add to cart" button. When you call them, wait and press 3 for all other inquiries. <- this has worked for my brother and I. Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Greetings, @IndoorKilla !

Glad you were able to get your hands on a shiny new GPU! Also, good tip about Newegg, if that works. There are lots of business that won't handle transactions over the phone anymore. Good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom