Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
gorthuar said:
Young Witcher? I beg to differ. I'm aiming at graduating the Sorcerer's School at Ban Ard, actually ;)
LOL Well if you look at my profile you can see most of the ppl here are young Witchers to me :D

Seeker said:
Seeker said:
Young Witcher? I beg to differ. I'm aiming at graduating the Sorcerer's School at Ban Ard, actually ;)
LOL Well if you look at my profile you can see most of the ppl here are young Witchers to me :D
I see what you mean, but is there any higher level that the Striga level? Maybe not the right place, but I'd like to mention the bar for posts seems to end at that. :hmmm:

You can't compare a high postcouter with a Master of Arcane Magick grade nor with the poeple's RL bd in the profile.
gorthuar said:
Hello there :)I've owned The Witcher almost since it was out, but upgraded my PC so as to fully appreciate the game only three or four weeks ago. Gorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick
*urgs* How did you survive all the months knowing the game is there but you can't play it? :dead:Anyway...
gorthuar

Hi. This is my first and last post here. I decided to try The Witcher again after I updated my computer. It ran too slow on my old P4 3ghz.Everything about installation has been a nightmare. And now I am a registered member of this God forsaken forum for some reason. I don't actually WANT to be a registered member here, but for some reason the game FORCED me to register here.What is it with East European game developers? CDProjekt,Reality Pump... Why must you treat your paying customers so poorly? Why must a patching process be so difficult? Why must I become a beggar just to play your software? I am currently downloading yet another language pack from some slow-as-molasses server. I can't patch because I don't have the language pack, and I can't install the language pack because I am not patched! This must make sense SOMEwhere in Poland, right?http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html#languageYes! Four easy steps! I enjoy downloading an English language pack from some website written in Polish! Perhaps in that Polish text somewhere is a sidenote that could possibly give me a hint on what is going wrong! Nevermind the fact that the only people in the world who speak Polish are the Poles, and this game was sold internationally! BRILLIANT!Customer service, people! Do not make playing, registering or patching your game a HUGE ORDEAL! It's NOT THAT GOOD of a GAME!Felon

Hey all. I'm Quin. Honestly didn't see this here before making my thread, so woops.I'm just gonna counter grumpy gus above and say that I found the installation process rather (meaning very) simple. I put the disc in. I ran as adminstrator. The process stopped and told me to put the second disc in. I did so. Then the installation finished. Then I played the game. Admittedly, I got BSoDed before actually getting to play the game, but that's because I have a loose connection in my motherboard that I have yet to fix. No, wait. If I blame the game, can I get free stuff? Yeah, it's totally REDs fault. Dang and blast.I haven't really looked around these forums yet, and don't really know all the rules or where everything goes, but I'll figure it out quick enough. Is there anyone here who can knock me up a decent avatar and signature set if I give them the images? Naturally, they're going to be cliché Witcher images, and we're all going to love the look but hate the fact that I'm so lame. Who cares? Blame the books and the game for being so good. ;DAnyway, if you fancy a chat or anything, just shout me and I'll likely respond. I don't need a topic to just start talking. I'm assuming there is a private or public message function in people's profiles? I should probably check that. Anyway, it's 1AM (I started late haha), so I'm going to quicly check out the game (meaning "I'm going to start playing it, then realise it's 5AM and I have a lecture very soon" ;)). Take care, all.

@APFelon Why did you make this post in the 'welcome' thread? I suppose you don't expect a welcome, so why didn't you make it on the right board?@Quintonir Hi, Quintonir, and welcome to the forum. :wave:I can't help you with the avatar and signature, but if no one who can, see your post, you can address to our talented artists here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=673.0I 'm sure you 'll find a noble soul to help you. ;DAs for chatting, you can go to your profile page and add you msn, or even use it on your signature, so anyone who 's interested could find you.

Quintonir said:
Hey all. I'm Quin. Honestly didn't see this here before making my thread, so woops.
No worries. I didn't see it till 300 posts in already. So... woooooops ;D ;DWelcome from me too. Hope you enjoy this game, and be a part of this community too as it's way more beneficial as I found out ( trust me ;) )

Quintonir said:
Hey all. I'm Quin. Honestly didn't see this here before making my thread, so woops.I'm just gonna counter grumpy gus above and say that I found the installation process rather (meaning very) simple. I put the disc in. I ran as adminstrator. The process stopped and told me to put the second disc in. I did so. Then the installation finished. Then I played the game. Admittedly, I got BSoDed before actually getting to play the game, but that's because I have a loose connection in my motherboard that I have yet to fix. No, wait. If I blame the game, can I get free stuff? Yeah, it's totally REDs fault. Dang and blast.I haven't really looked around these forums yet, and don't really know all the rules or where everything goes, but I'll figure it out quick enough. Is there anyone here who can knock me up a decent avatar and signature set if I give them the images? Naturally, they're going to be cliché Witcher images, and we're all going to love the look but hate the fact that I'm so lame. Who cares? Blame the books and the game for being so good. ;DAnyway, if you fancy a chat or anything, just shout me and I'll likely respond. I don't need a topic to just start talking. I'm assuming there is a private or public message function in people's profiles? I should probably check that. Anyway, it's 1AM (I started late haha), so I'm going to quicly check out the game (meaning "I'm going to start playing it, then realise it's 5AM and I have a lecture very soon" ;)). Take care, all.
better late than never! cheers and welcome :beer:

Once upon a time... *ahem* I mean 2 yeras ago or so there was a Witcher IRC chat channel but quite abandoned so it was closed after a while. Maybe a re-start is possible when enough poeple like to join.Anyway, welcome on board Quin :beer:

PetraSilie said:
Once upon a time... *ahem* I mean 2 yeras ago or so there was a Witcher IRC chat channel but quite abandoned so it was closed after a while. Maybe a re-start is possible when enough poeple like to join.
Sign me up... what are you waiting for?? :D I don't mind waiting another yera even ;D

Hi,I'm new to this board, just registered and while browsing found this thread so I thought I'd make my first posting here :) In real life, my name's Su, I live in Vienna and work as a journalist for a new travel magazine; I've just finished the third novel of the Geralt saga and can't wait for the last two to be translated into German - and I can't wait to come home (I'm currently abou 800 km from home) to finish chapter 2 of the Witcher game. I'm really slow at playing it simply because I only play on Fridays and/or Saturdays - if I'd play during the week, I know I'd play until 3 or 4 in the morning, and that would be bad because it'd be impossible for me to get up early enough to go to work. So I've limited my time with Geralt to weekends; I'm still doing quests in chapter 2 and hope to complete that chapter next time I play. The main reason why I bought the game was "The Last Wish" which a guy in an RPG/bookstore recommended a couple of months ago. From the first pages, I was hooked; then I discovered that the books actually were the basis for the RPG "The Witcher" which I had seen in stores for quite a while but hadn't bothered buying because I usually don't finish RPGs. In fact, usually I get bored and/or frustrated after 1-2 hours. After I had completed "The Last Wish", I knew that "The Witcher" would be different; somehow I had a feeling that this could just be the RPG I had been looking for, and so far, I'm not disappointed :)Cheers,Jehane

Welcome on board, Jehane! Enjoy our great community :DKüss' die Hand, gnädige Frau ;DBtw, we have a tavern for german speaking users http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14652.0 You are welcome there too :)

Jehane said:
- and I can't wait to come home (I'm currently abou 800 km from home) to finish chapter 2 of the Witcher game. I'm really slow at playing it simply because I only play on Fridays and/or Saturdays - if I'd play during the week, I know I'd play until 3 or 4 in the morning, and that would be bad because it'd be impossible for me to get up early enough to go to work. So I've limited my time with Geralt to weekends; I'm still doing quests in chapter 2 and hope to complete that chapter next time I play. Cheers,Jehane
If you haven't finished the game yet as a slow player you have an advantage over us because you don't need to suffer from such a long waiting time as we do until TW2 will be relased ;D

Well said Petra, thank gods I have loads of stuff to do in RL, otherwise the waiting would be unbearable ;)And, to stay on topic, welcome you all newcomers, hope you'll like it here and feel yourselves at home.

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
- and I can't wait to come home (I'm currently abou 800 km from home) to finish chapter 2 of the Witcher game. I'm really slow at playing it simply because I only play on Fridays and/or Saturdays - if I'd play during the week, I know I'd play until 3 or 4 in the morning, and that would be bad because it'd be impossible for me to get up early enough to go to work. So I've limited my time with Geralt to weekends; I'm still doing quests in chapter 2 and hope to complete that chapter next time I play. Cheers,Jehane
If you haven't finished the game yet as a slow player you have an advantage over us because you don't need to suffer from such a long waiting time as we do until TW2 will be relased ;D
Good point, I hadn't thought about that yet ;D Hm. Maybe I should play even slower to avoid a long time waiting for the sequel?` :hmmm:

Hallo everyone, I'm sorta new here, Joined up in january but never had the time to put up posts and all sorts.Name's Riki, Im from Poland originally, but now I live in Estonia for the last year of my medical training.I'm usually more in the VS game, playing trying to get to #1. so challenge me if you want.If you guys or gals have any questions for ask.Hope to post and share opinions around here soon. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom