Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,I'm a 29 years old/young from Belgium. Okay that sounded cheesy somehow... good thing that's out of the way. I'm also a Linux user (dual boot with Windows so I can still play games without trouble).Currently I am waiting for my copy of The Witcher to arrive in the mail! So I cannot say anything about that except that I am very curious.I should have it by this Thursday (fingers crossed!)... the type of game appeals to me, the reviews are good and I love the fact that CD Projekt is not afraid to do it different, to be original rather than making another RPG-clone with very shallow story and characters.I cannot wait to play it, but I also hope that the patch which would solve the loading times will be out soon... although I do have a very good computer ^_^ If I like the game (like I expect I will) you will probably see me around here some more.Darkelve

Just wanted to say hello to all community members here! Game owners and non-game owners alike.If The Witcher becomes modable at some point, I'll probably take a shot at it ;DI just started the game and I'm already loving it!!BTW, it's not even patched yet "Vanilla" and I've not encountered any real problems except for one crash, but my VIDEO CARD was just running TO HOT! which was the reason for the crash.But I started my personal settings with ATI TOOL cause I have an ATI X1900XTX and the game now runs fine.Loading times are reasonable and saving, yet is a few seconds, but I'm at the beginning so I don't know what they will be like later in the game.Anyhow, running smooth.SYSTEM:ASUS P5W DH Deluxe w/ Intel X975 ChipsetIntel Core 2 Duo E6600 @2.40 Ghz stock2 Gigs of PC-6400 800Mhz OCZ Reaper 4-4-4-15 timingSATA 2 Hard DriveLite-On DVD Burner 16xATI X1900XTX core (650 Mhz) 512Mb GDDR3 (1550 Mhz)Antec 450 Watts PSU and CaseCreative Audigy 24 Bit MP3 sound card EAX (5 years old) Still running ATI Catalyst 7.1 drivers as the 7.10 where creating random PC crashes and reboots :eek:going to wait for a few more version before updating again.So Greetings!!

Hi from sweden !I played the demo 4 days ago and i just got my copy of the game and installing it now :) i loved the demo it looks very good and a big thank you to the CD Projekt RED for a great game,i have been following this project since it was announced many years ago and now finaly i will play it :)is this game based on a novel or have CD Projekt RED made it based on the world of the witcher ?sorry for my bad english lol

Game is not just adaptation of Sapkowski books.Only world & characters are same in game & novels.There is ofcourse many reference in gameline to books & only those who have read them can truly understand all quests, adventures & storyline of "The Witcher".Regards! ;D

Greetings All,I downloaded the demo yesterday and liked the game so much I brought the UK version at my local FRY's computer store. I wanted to wait until patch 1.2 before I purchase the game. I am looking forward to playing this game soon. WOOT!

Hello,I'm Jared, from the US. I am of Polish descent so, I have to admit that I was a bit sceptical about this game. (The people with old Polish grandmothers will feel me there.) I'm happy to say that I was wrong to be worried though. I am in awe of the genius of this game. My grandmother will be happy to hear that I've changed my opinion based on this game. :-X Maybe I'll even try to learn the language again. I'll call you in a few years to see if you need a translator for English or Spanish versions of your games. (Yeah, well wishful thinking can't hurt right?) ;) Anyway, thanks for the great game. 8)

Hello :DI started playing Witcher a few weeks ago, but I abandoned the game. Last week I started playing it again, and since then, I just can't stop playing it :DOwns the hell out of Gothic3 and Oblivion, for sure.greetz from Romania 8)

Hello everyone,im [***] and i love rpgs.one of my friends told me about the witcher, so i bought it and now i just cant get away from the gameits fantastic. everything just fits. story charakters and the atmosphere!lovely game

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody! I'm TwilightLady!I just bought The Witcher few days ago but I can already say that I totally LOVE it!Guess I'm one of few girls here ::)Anyway, greetings from Italy!! ;)

Dallo here. Grumpy old Aussie...:)Played through the game to the middle of Chapter 2 where I started to find some of the combat a little too difficult. Planning to start again at an easier setting.Can hardly believe how beautiful this game is, and that it's a refurb of the Aurora engine. I'm hoping that a functional toolset will be released soonish.I love playing but *really* love building. Small claim to fame is a reasonably well-received module for NwN1 called Caereena - Krakona Rising: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=4045Stay cool all and happy gaming!!

Hello brothers and sister of dark magic,let me greets u all.I`m from Berlin in Germany and i play my second life since an few days.I can only say, The Witcher is GREAT, but sad, that it is only single player.If where this an mmorpg, i had found my next hobby decision.But no ones knows, what the future us brings.So let us enjoy this the game and this new community.MfGCondemnedman

Hello everybody I'm Drum & Veil from Arlington TX and I really enjoy the Witcher thus far. 8) I hope CDprojekt get as much credit as deserved for this wonderful game. ;D

Hi all. I´m from Colombia. A friend started playing and talked me about the game so much that I finally took a look at it... and well, just imagine. The game made me take a look to the books and I readed them... well, devoured them. Whan an incredible story. It remembers me some books from Maurice Druon, with all their political story. Well, hope to see more contents soon. And by the way, great work from CDProyect, I really love east europe games, they are full of interesting twists and lately are really fun.

Hi I am from Holland 32 years of age. And on a Role with the witcher of course ;)I just started all over yesterday again, since I dont know where I lost my normal steel sword in the beginning for the rusty one again.Hope i ll figure that one out.

Hi, i'm Oleg, i live in Russia.I just fell in love with this game! And i'm very glad to be here because there are so many people to talk from all over the world.Its great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom