Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand what it is with people and guns. They are ugly and dangerous.

Once I get my new gaming computer I will upload a picture of it :D ...although I think I would rather not reveal my face, as someone might use it to track me down. o_o

Guns are dangerous? I'd say guns are just an unthinking, inanimate object -- a tool. However, the people who use them may be dangerous, yes. Most any tool can be dangerous in the right/wrong hands. Millions of people drive death machines every day (vehicles) which can be used to do great harm; however, I don't consider vehicles to be dangerous because of this. A tool is only as dangerous as the person wielding it.

As far as being ugly goes I can't much help it; I was born that way! ;)

Last edited:
Guns are dangerous? I'd say guns are just an unthinking, inanimate object -- a tool. However, the people who use them may be dangerous, yes. Most any tool can be dangerous in the right/wrong hands. Millions of people drive death machines every day (vehicles) which can be used to do great harm; however, I don't consider vehicles to be dangerous because of this. A tool is only as dangerous as the person wielding it.

Guns were made with the intention of killing or harming someone, and it's that intent that makes them dangerous.
We would be better off in the world if fewer people carried guns. the USA is a clear example of that.

...But this is getting off topic so I won't talk about it anymore.

Guns were made with the intention of killing or harming someone, and it's that intent that makes them dangerous.
We would be better off in the world if fewer people carried guns. the USA is a clear example of that.

...But this is getting off topic so I won't talk about it anymore.

Guns are also used for sport and competition, hunting food, self defense, etc. Like I said, they're just a tool. How one chooses to use a tool is what makes something dangerous.

Also, do you feel the same way about knives, swords, bows, weapons in general or just guns in particular? I find it rather interesting why people have such a hatred for guns and like to know the reasons why. However, you are correct that this is getting off topic. If you'd like to continue discussing it in PM's I'd be glad to or we can drop the subject completely if you'd prefer.

OK, cut it out. We don't want the mods coming here and handing out warnings. Lets not have any fighting alright? Let's get back on topic. :)

OK, cut it out. We don't want the mods coming here and handing out warnings. Lets not have any fighting alright? Let's get back on topic. :)

I was not aware that a fight was taking place. I was simply discussing the content of my picture I previously posted. As was already mentioned, the subject is getting off topic so I'm happy to discuss it further in PM's to not derail this thread.

I was not aware that a fight was taking place. I was simply discussing the content of my picture I previously posted. As was already mentioned, the subject is getting off topic so I'm happy to discuss it further in PM's to not derail this thread.

I'm just afraid of one breaking out. I don't want to see anyone getting in trouble.

I'm now going to shut up, because I'm now going off topic myself.

I'm just afraid of one breaking out. I don't want to see anyone getting in trouble.

I'm now going to shut up, because I'm now going off topic myself.

No need to worry about me spending my time fighting with words online. I will discuss most anything but fighting online is rather pointless unless you're doing so in a game. If I'm in the mood to fight I will go to the MMA gym and spar with people, it's much more effective and satisfying :).

I never understand what it is with people and guns. They are ugly and dangerous.

Yeah, I definitely agree. Seriously, what's one good thing about them? How could someone like them, I have no idea. Personally, I hate every kind of them without exception.

As for guns, meh, they're okay.

@freakie1one Ok I know this is off topic...but seriously...ak47 is so old, there are better and newer AK these days...still this kind of weapon takes first place because it showed how reliable it is...
two men buried down their AKs, after two years they got them out and still worked fine...ok i shall stop now...if you want ^^

Ok more people and more pictures!!!

@freakie1one Ok I know this is off topic...but seriously...ak47 is so old, there are better and newer AK these days...still this kind of weapon takes first place because it showed how reliable it is...
two men buried down their AKs, after two years they got them out and still worked fine...ok i shall stop now...if you want ^^

Ok more people and more pictures!!!

I have several guns that are not the best at really anything but I just like to collect and shoot guns. I have an old Russian M44 Mosin Nagant from WW2 that definitely wouldn't be considered the best at anything but the gun has a lot of character and it is a lot of fun to shoot; especially since it'll make a four foot long fireball from the muzzle blast when shot in the dark ;).

I also like to load my own ammunition. Here is a desk I built for just that purpose:

Don't mind rifles for hunting or proper sports shooting, but please don't tell me you use an AK47 for hunting or anything else than feeling the power rush of wielding something that (even if you never intend to) could potentially rip somebody apart. By the way, I don't like cars that much either and I have a lot of respect and avoid chain saws and other dangerous tools. There are some in my opinion sensible applications for weapons, but not all types have one besides killing people. But I don't have the power rush from some mechanical thing that can be unleashed.

Don't mind rifles for hunting or proper sports shooting, but please don't tell me you use an AK47 for hunting or anything else than feeling the power rush of wielding something that (even if you never intend to) could potentially rip somebody apart. By the way, I don't like cars that much either and I have a lot of respect and avoid chain saws and other dangerous tools. There are some in my opinion sensible applications for weapons, but not all types have one besides killing people. But I don't have the power rush from some mechanical thing that can be unleashed.

A simple question... have you ever shot a gun before? The reason I ask is because almost no one I know of (who isn't suffering from mental stability issues) is into shooting guns for the power rush of wielding something that could potentially rip somebody apart. This would be the equivalent of saying people who play The Witcher games are sociopaths who only play the game to feel the power rush of wielding a sword to chop people and creatures up.

Shooting is a very skill based activity and every type of gun has different characteristics that make shooting it unique. Shooting airborne clay targets with a shotgun requires a different skill set than long range shooting with a scoped rifle which is quite different from shooting a pistol. Is it very satisfying learning new techniques and improving your skills in marksmanship just as it is when learning to be proficient in any activity that is challenging.

To successfully hit a target at long range is a very difficult task. I must calculate and properly adjust for wind, bullet drop over range, time my shot between my breathing and heart beats, etc. Having everything come together and successfully hitting a target at long range is not something a person does because they are lucky; it requires a lot of skill and practice. This makes successfully doing so quite satisfying.

Similarly, I don't practice martial arts because I get a thrill from hurting people. I practice martial arts for the challenge of it and because it's a constant learning process, which I find enjoyable. It's similar to playing chess; you're learning to balance offense with defense, to move more efficiently and not waste energy unnecessarily, etc. A lot of the same principles learned in chess also apply to martial arts, such as taking the space your opponent leaves behind. Also, knowing martial arts actually allows me to avoid hurting people. In a physical confrontation I am capable of disabling the person (with no damage done) instead of pummeling them with my fists like a caveman (and likely causing lasting damage) :).

Last edited:
CPU/GPU/RAM?

Oh, forgot to post the specs:

Case: Corsair 600T (black mesh variant)
PSU: Corsair HX750i

CPU: i7 4790k 4.0GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz Dominator Platinum
GPU: ASUS GTX 970 Strix
Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula VII

Storage:
SSD: Intel 730 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB

Cooling:
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Intake:
1x 200mm fan (front)
2x 120mm Corsair AF120 (side mesh panel)
Exhaust:
1x 200mm fan (top)
2x 120mm Corsair SP120 (radiator in the back)

Saw people say you shouldn't use your radiator as exhaust. But so far the temperatures are fine regardless. Really happy with the rig, excellent temperatures while being silent (PSU and GPU fans do not spin at all when not under load and the other fans slow down as well thanks to fan control profiles).

As you can see I'm running everything at stock so far, will dabble into OC when the time comes. :)

Jupiter_on_Mars

Case: Corsair 600T (black mesh variant)
PSU: Corsair HX750i

CPU: i7 4790k 4.0GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz Dominator Platinum
GPU: ASUS GTX 970 Strix
Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula VII

Storage:
SSD: Intel 730 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB

Cooling:
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Intake:
1x 200mm fan (front)
2x 120mm Corsair AF120 (side mesh panel)
Exhaust:
1x 200mm fan (top)
2x 120mm Corsair SP120 (radiator in the back)

Saw people say you shouldn't use your radiator as exhaust. But so far the temperatures are fine regardless. Really happy with the rig, excellent temperatures while being silent (PSU and GPU fans do not spin at all when not under load and the other fans slow down as well thanks to fan control profiles).

As you can see I'm running everything at stock so far, will dabble into OC when the time comes. :)

Kinley, two questions:

1. How much did it cost you?
2. Are you a male prostitute?

Built a new rig yesterday, finally upgraded from a toaster that I last upgraded in 2008, haha.
Argh I really have to make myself a new rig before TW3 comes out.My rig was from '07 and in the end it became a literal toaster.I would have to put a frozen 5l bottle on top of it just to keep the damn thing bellow 50 degrees.
That's a very decent rig.The cable management looks good,decent amount of fans (with blue LEDs which I absolutley love),great CPU and GPU etc. If I had to build my rig tomorrow it would probably the same as yours.

Sa fi sanatos si sa ai parte de el cat mai mult Ursule!
1. It cost quite a bit
I can imagine.Did you buy the parts from Ro or did you have them shipped from abroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom