Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gilrond
Think the worst part is I see those messes with passive USB cables everywhere.

Well that and the windows on a new partition instead of just installing a clean one on C:... I mean come on I install windows in under 3 hours including patches, typical programs and restoring program profiles back to original. Why are those so called "Knows computer" guys destroying data in the process.

At least PS/2 only has two devices at the most hooked up to it, USB sometimes seems like people connect 3 printers and 2 scanners just because they are standing around.

@Sanamia : USB 3 should handle it better, but your case was probably USB 2 anyway.

I didn't have a need to set up dualboot in quite a while already. It's usually quite messy. I use Linux as a primary system and if I ever need another OS for whatever reason, it's much easier to just use a VM in VirtualBox which can be later safely discarded rather than messing up with partitions and dualboot. And when one really has to do it, it's cleaner to install another OS on a separate hard drive.

Hi there!
Since I’m new to these forums, I thought I’d post something here.

I’m Brielle, I’m a 20 year old lady from The Netherlands. For those who’d like to know; I study Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, which takes up most of my time, but in my spare time I enjoy playing games, reading, and being creative (mainly drawing and painting).

I’m not entirely new to the Witcher world, since I got introduced to it a few years back, but I have a lot to learn about it regardless. Witcher-wise, I’ve read some of the books (some of the ones that have been translated into English anyway), I just finished my second playthrough of the first game and I’m about to start my third playthrough of the second game (all to be ready for The Witcher 3, of course!).

Of course the books and games are great, but I’ve been told the community is awesome as well, and that’s why I’m here!

@Brielle Hello and welcome to the community, I hope you'll have a good time here.

Make sure you check out the Fan Translations thread, where you'll find the rest of The Witcher books translated into English by fans. The saga itself you can be discussed here, beware of spoilers though. There's also The Library if you want to talk about books in general. For paintings and art, you might find the Fine Art thread to your liking, it needs to be revitalised anyway. Also, make sure you check out the Fan Art subforum, where you'll find the works of meny talanted people, and maybe you can share some of your own creations there.

Whatever you do, do not visit the Hairy Bear (off-topic thread) as that place can sometimes get weird. And it's never my fault, regardless of what you might hear.

For more stuff, visit the Forum Guide.

Whatever you do, do not visit the Hairy Bear (off-topic thread) as that place can sometimes get weird. And it's never my fault, regardless of what you might hear.Now, you know you're only making me want to go there, right? :p

Welcome, young lady.

Sometimes I must to admit that @ReptilePZ givve rarely good advices and this is one! Reptiles LOOK weird when they dance.... in contrast to me and this ducky fellow... who I've never seen before the Bear's Party BTW....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom