Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nephta said:
You will, hard to do something else during your first playthrough.

he meant the forum.

And there's plenty to do in TW1 when you're stuck: enjoy the beautiful artistic landscapes and read/listen to the witty dialogue.

Oh goody.

My ''name'' is Draitex then, I enjoy most RPG games, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale 2, Fable(only the first one though) The Elder Scrolls and of course The Witcher.

I hate MMO's 9,9 times of 10, I hate Dragons Age.
What I hate the most is the Actionbar... Stupid system.

I am a media student (Which i regret) in the most northern part of Sweden. (Norrland, Northland... The North?)
After Schools done this summer I will go through military training and after that it's mine working i think.

I got introduced to The Witcher by a friend he said it was amazing, I agreed but boy was Witcher 1 hard...
Later I got Witcher 2 i loved it got back to witcher 1 and played through that so i could load a save state... I was trapped in the Mystic tower quests for 3 years in total.. Heh.

if You guy here post somephotos of yours i think it will do allof us good in getting to know each other batter.in this forum for a casewe went to meet someone here or some of our close friend it will be useful and I don mind if someone here went to keep they name is theirpersonnel they have own reason to keep ..,. just post some of you pictures that [font=Calibri, sans-serif]enough man [/font]

I think is weird that we meet many people here a new friend or new fan club and etc.etc

And sometime we likesome of their post or anything like that ,, read a lot of time in they post and don even seetheir face I think is weird that why I went to post my photos here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/po9t56oahsaa1l5/Snapshot_20131020_3fgd.jpg

( I guess i mustbe a first here to post my very own pictures)

There is a photo thread here.

It started as a "post your own picture" thread but people started posting pictures of their gaming PC's, so now it's used for both. Many of us have posted our pictures there, if you don't mind flipping through quite a few pages.

Hello! How can I missed this thread?

I live in Cracow, Poland. 99.9 % of my posts are posting in polish section of forum;) I am the guy with probably the worst english in witcher board. I love Witcher series obviously. My favourite pastime is reading, a lot of reading. Favourite authors Jacek Dukaj, Stanisław Lem, Witkacy(you won't recognize them they are polish writers), Marcel Proust and many others. In my free time, I travel. And yes thats me on the avatar. To sum up: 28 yo(so old), 195 cm height and 94 kg weight in one ugly body, that's me :D

Parachrist said:

I live in Cracow, Poland. 99.9 % of my posts are posting in polish section of forum;) I am the guy with probably the worst english in witcher board. I love Witcher series obviously. My favourite pastime is reading, a lot of reading. Favourite authors Jacek Dukaj, Stanisław Lem, Witkacy(you won't recognize them they are polish writers), Marcel Proust and many others. In my free time, I travel. And yes thats me on the avatar. To sum up: 28 yo(so old), 195 cm height and 94 kg weight in one ugly body, that's me :D/>
You're being too hard on yourself, your English isn't bad at all.

Welcome to the English board!

Parachrist said:

I live in Cracow, Poland. 99.9 % of my posts are posting in polish section of forum;) I am the guy with probably the worst english in witcher board. I love Witcher series obviously. My favourite pastime is reading, a lot of reading. Favourite authors Jacek Dukaj, Stanisław Lem, Witkacy(you won't recognize them they are polish writers), Marcel Proust and many others. In my free time, I travel. And yes thats me on the avatar. To sum up: 28 yo(so old), 195 cm height and 94 kg weight in one ugly body, that's me :D/>

Welcome to the "other" side of the pond !
Your English is just fine so don`t worry about it . There are a lot of people here where English isn`t their native tongue . Besides we are one big happy witcher family :)

Yours truly getting bullied by some stormtroopers at London Comic Con a few months back:

My arms were killing me for the remainder of the day!

Fandango said:
Yours truly getting bullied by some stormtroopers at London Comic Con a few months back:

My arms were killing me for the remainder of the day!

Dont worry,those stormtroopers cant hit anything anyway :p/>/>

Hello everyone. It's a bit weird to write in a post so old, but I think it would be ok to introduce myself to this community, since I've been in this forums forquite some time and follow it (with some occasional replies) as a Witcher fan (games and books), just to leave a "documentation" of my presence here.

My name is "Nekrypt", I was born in 1990, I'm from Uruguay, and I'm at this time working and studying architecture.

About my relation with The Witcher games and novels:

The first time I knew of The Witcher was around 2007/2008. I still didn't have my own PC,so I played at a friend's house. One day he bought new games (he bought them from Edward Teach), and between them there was The Witcher. It's name was intriguing; something fresh, and when I saw the game in action I was totally charmed by it's atmosphere: Geralt hunting monsters at night, beneath the full moon's silver light, relying only on his sword and abilities. I was then decided to play one day, but first I thought that perhaps it would be good toknow who made that masterpiece, and so I read about it. When I knew that thedeveloper was Polish I was like "WTF! Is that even possible?" (I was quite small-minded back then). I also knew by the forums and news that the company (CDProjekt) was working in a different way; friendlier with players, giving them a closer support, delivering quality stuff and treating customers as merely friends, and those were good reasons to support the company. I was apirate customer at that time, who thought that kind of policies didn't and would never exist among gaming enterprises, but later I believed in CDPR and decided to show them some kind of gratitude when I could get a new PC.

I also learned that the game was based in a series of novels, written by a Polish author, and that the game took place after those books, so I decided to read them first. Unfortunately I search for them in every possible bookstore or legal e-book format, just to find out that in my country there isn't a way of acquiring those books, other than traveling to Europe or shipping them (if that's even possible) at high costs, which isn't an option for me. So i went for the .pdf or .mobi versions in internet. I absolutely loved the books, and had to wait like two or three years before the last of them was translated into Spanish.

After finishing them I was totally ready to begin with my journey into the game. That could have happened if I wasn't a bit perfectionist and always found a reason to delay the game until a further day (every thing has to be in it's place in order to me to play a game. I need to be totally relaxed and maybe the planets must be aligned).

Now I'm just starting to play The Witcher 1, a GOG version, but I totally still love itand I think it's my favorite game. I also follow CDPR's new developments and try to help in the forums if I know something.

Well, that's my story and I have to say I really like this community and hope it lasts for many years.

Hi everyone!My "name" is Lanfear (a character from the Wheel of Time-Jordan) and i live in Italy!
I've been visiting this site for some time and now i finally decided to join you!This community is awesome!
Obviously I love witcher series both books and games,i can't wait to play the witcher 3!
Sorry for my bad english,i have to do a bit of practice ahahahah!

So we'll be probably be having an influx of new members here now.. So a hearty welcome to one and all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom