Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
since this topic has gaming rigs on it, could you guys help me out.

Is there a website where I can input what graphics card or processor I'm going to get and see if it can run W2 similar to the http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

KnightofPhoenix said:
Well I got glasses, been about 2 weeks.

@ Kodaemon, epic desk there. Do you plan the invasion of the North during loading? Please say you do.

@ Tia deLamare. Nice pics!

Thanks for your compliment. I decided to remove those pictures.

You have a nice beard. And your glasses fits you very well.

And yes with that desk that guy could conquer the North, maybe the world.

So I didn't introduce myself here, sorry about that.
I'm Tia DeLamare.
De Lamare is because of a character I really like. It's a Guy de Maupassant's character.
"Tia" because I think it sounds nice (teeeah).
And in portuguese it kind of shows my age.
I'm an old "gamer". I've been playing games since I was a little girl. It's one of my favorite pass time. I pay my bills and taxes but I love video games. Perhaps I didn't grow up very much etc. etc. But the good thing is that now I'm mature enough not to care about it. Cheers!

guipit said:
since this topic has gaming rigs on it, could you guys help me out.

Is there a website where I can input what graphics card or processor I'm going to get and see if it can run W2 similar to the http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Hmm, no, there's not. That site is a bad work of fiction when it comes to anything that requires an evaluation of processor (especially GPU) performance. It causes me grief every time I have to say "no, you can't run the game; Canyourunit tells lies."

Anyway, my criterion for TW2 is you need about 200 to 250 clocks per pixel on the output stage at medium to high settings, considerably more for full-on Ultra; memory speed and the earlier unified shader and texture stages are less important.

Take a stated-minimum card like the 9800 GT (G92). It has 16 raster output processors (ROPs) and a 600 MHz core clock, giving you 9600M clocks/sec.

1440x900 resolution is approx. 1.3 MPixels, thus 7000 clocks/pixel/sec. Divide by 250, and you should see a frame rate of about 28.

My best card is an old GTX 285 (32 ROPs, 700 MHz core clock). That's 22.4G clocks/sec, or 10800 clocks/pixel/sec at 1920x1080. Divide by 250 gives me a predicted frame rate of 43, and I see an average frame rate of 42.

Call me Jabez! Well, it didn't came from any fictional characters, either in any video games character but rather it came from Hebrew names which means sorrowful. However, if I'm gonna select alias then I will choose Mighty Thor. A hammer wielding god from Norse mythology. What do you think?

Hellow Witaj
Been lurking for a long time now, im not really into forums and stuff.
Witcher history started with Witcher 1, then the books, then Witcher 2 and also the movie, serie etc.
Not sure what is the most used language here? Since i'm half polish. English polish?
Good day guys!

Hi i am anisa( you may call minnie ) Been around here for a while now... from thailand in bangkok a history between me and the witcher started with Witcher 1 and after that i beginning to read all the books to satisfy my curiosity about what is going on in the witcher Universe it got a lot for experience ! and not long i play the witcher 2 it very impassive now am working on some forums and stuff about The witcher Storyline Entire novel Characters and Game Story am sure everyone here went to know about it so... feel free to ask me anytime! just leave your question around here it will be my honor to answer it ! :)
( anisa srentapuntes )

Funny im moving to thailand on january. Welcome.
Are you doing some thai translation of the game or something?

( sorry for a replay too lately ) and yes im translation thai the last wish just some of them for my friend who don know the EN that is all is not much but is still my work ! for my friend

and yes you say you moving to thailand on january right you may try a bangkok or a pattaya beach patong beach you may go to the north up they it very good ! around they

AnisaSretaputes said:
and yes you say you moving to thailand on january right you may try a bangkok or a pattaya beach patong beach you may go to the north up they it very good ! around they

It will only be bangkok for me, since im moving for work : )

Hello all.

Well I just joined a very short while ago.
Recently got into the The Witcher via TW1 and am really enjoying it, and the prospect of playing the sequels!!

Anyway, it's nice to be here and i'm looking forward to getting stuck in. :)

Got myself a new coat and mask! A dream come true indeed. I always felt like a bit of a homeless man before with the way I dressed, but it feels much better now ^^
And also now I have something nice for halloween...

Not exactly showing off my rig, or myself per se but anyways:

As much as I love "traditional" PC gaming there's a certain charm playing The Witcher 2 with a wireless controller while lying barefooted in a super comfortable sofa-bed. :D

The pictures of the rig were taken mid-2012, so there's nothing particularly impressive about the hardware. Waiting for Witcher 3 before upgrading my PC.

Welcome to all new witchers in training . So glad you`ve decided to join the forums . Look forward to seeing your many posts and ideas .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom